1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you change your look when you accepted yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Izi, Aug 13, 2016.

1. hexamum

Yup, my hair has gotten shorter. I'm wearing my piercings again and I'm determined to get excess weight off.

2. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cut my hair short for the first time in my life, wearing lots of flannel. Typical and maybe too obvious for someone who isn't out... but, thankfully, the 90s are back so I'm kinda just saying it's because of that. I've even considered a small tattoo which is insane because I have never ever considered getting one in the past (it'll be something subtlely to do with Sherlock because that's what spurred all this!)

3. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, accepting my sexuality came with extreme discontent with my appearance. I feared (and still do to a degree) that no man would ever want me unless I was perfect. I lost about thirty pounds, cut my hair short and started dressing better. I guess I look better now, but it really took its toll on me psychologically.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I'm still exactly the same as I was before I accepted myself. So, I'm still feminine because this is who I am. :slight_smile:

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I did...there was even a time when after coming out...I would dressed in suits and ties all the time. After being in my first relationship...I became more acquainted with jeans, sweaters...more casual wear but still dressy.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL! Izi, I don't think this is quite what you intended when you started this thread, but when I finally accepted myself, I was 25 and I didn't Come Out then. Instead, I became comfortable with myself, but went deep into the closet and joined ROTC at my university. Don't get me wrong, I didn't start my military career because I was in denial and wanted to prove anything. I had always wanted to join the military, but it was only when I was finally comfortable with my sexual identity and felt at-peace inside that I felt the time was right to follow that dream. So, basically, yes, after I accepted myself, I changed my look. I went from pretty much a bookish, semi-athletic nerd, to a uniform-wearing military guy. And, yes, I became a much more confident, more outgoing person in the process.:lol:

#66 Quantumreality, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bit, I'm less concerned by what people think. I wear more what I want/feel like than I did before. I now don't care about wearing more "manly" clothes, big shirts, jumpers, clumpy shoes, whatever I want. My hair is now collar bone length, which was a big step from having had long hair for years, and I feel much more comfortable with myself. I don't know if this is acceptance or growing up. I guess I now want to be different instead of wanting to blend in.

#67 laviedadele, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  8. WhiteWinter

I used too wear baggy pants all the time but now I wear skinny jeans all the time. That's about it... I think.

9. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    nah I've always been edgy, even when I was unsure of my orientation.
    I was just myself and still I am.

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mhhm. Girl. I totally get you.

My style has little to do with the fact that I am gay, but I know now more than ever who I want to be and look like.

I dyed my hair and bought some new clothes. Let me tell you the truth here, I'm adorable. (!):eusa_naug:smilewave

11. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well yea, being ftm, i went from longer hair to short hair and only wear male clothes now. I used to not give any fks what i wore or what i looked like when i was younger, I'd wear ripped shirts and pajama pants most days tbh. And my hair just did whatever it did, usually in some kind of mullet bowl cut kind of thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: These days I pay a lot more attention to my hair (but that just involves putting more hair gel in it when it starts to poof up :/) and put more effort into trying to keep the acne on my face under control. But i still just wear ripped oversized shirts or whatever is lying around. If my favourite tshirt is dirty, i'll still wear it, i don't really care.

12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've gone through multiple acceptances of myself. The first one was me almost exclusively wearing men's clothes. I went through a weird one when I somehow convinced myself that I was straight and constantly wore skirts and jewellery to be more feminine. I stopped when I realized I was bullshitting myself. I recently came in terms with my bisexuality. I haven't changed my wardrobe yet but, I would like to wear things that display my flamboyant side.

13. Non binary kid

I wear looser clothes and short hair. Thats about it :slight_smile:

14. DerrickD2001

No but i kinda want to so maybe some other gays will notice me and i will date someone

15. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I wear unisex clothes and men's clothes now. I'm ordering a binder. I'm keeping my hair shorter. It's still a bit longer than most men though because I like my hair choppy (which I am fearful for the misgendering- I pass better in some photos than in person).

16. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I was already wearing the clothes I liked. The only thing that changed was I felt happier and it showed physically.

17. Justinian20

I came out and I was loads happier. I could dress how I wanted when I came out and I secretly think despite how badly I dressed in high school that was my parents doing because I always had a weirdly good fashion sense. Because in a period of high school I wanted to dye my hair black with blonde streaks through it.

But I certainly dress a lot better. I wear dressy and casual dressy clothes, brighter colours, cute patterns, nail polish and I hope to wear makeup, (but my parents are so bad, my mother wants me to buy looser clothes and when they don't get their way, they throw my things away, like one time I bought concealer and they threw it away.) They also believe you have to do exactly what society says.

#77 Justinian20, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  18. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually changed my hair to have the big blond streak well before I embraced my androsexuality, which in some ways helped me to accept it more readily.

But now that I have embraced who I am and what I want, my interest to update and enhance my wardrobe has grown. And specifically, my interest to wear loose and tight clothing has become easier to wear without feeling awkward. Shirts with large or low v-necks, skinny jeans and tight pants, presenting a more feminine appearance and style. Those sorts of things.

I love it so much!

19. Clockwise

I am really considering putting a streak or maybe highlights in my hair. I think I will try it soon :slight_smile:.

My appearance changed big time. I went from wearing cargo shorts and oversized T-shirts to, basically getting as close to crossdressing as possible. :grin:

20. guitar

After a time I started wearing a pride bracelet, but otherwise, I didn't change a thing.