1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NightWalker, Aug 13, 2016.

1. NightWalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll try my best to not beat around the bush so people bother answering. :lol: I'm a 22 year old male, I've been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder with tendencies toward depression in March 2015.

I've always been a quiet and introspective person, even as a child, but since my mid-teens I've been accustomed to low moods and (almost) always critically low energy. I was always able to manage it, but since the end of last year this condition has become crippling; depressive episodes became more severe, my body is sore and my back and neck are stiff, my grades at school have been falling downhill since I can't concentrate on any homework, and I had to quit my job midsummer because I couldn't even make half a shift without feeling exhausted. I won't go through all of my symptoms.

Recently, I learned about CFS, or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, and I relate to a lot, if not most, of the symptoms and conditions that come with this illness. I know for sure that my condition is not in my head and that beneath my mental woes, something deeper in my brain or my body is wrong and I can't find it, nor my doctor.
    Does anybody have been diagnosed with that illness, suspects to have it or know somebody that has it and could enlighten me on the subject?

Thanks to you all, have a great day! (&&&)

NW-*

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandmother has this. She's had it for at least 3 years. Your symptoms sound a lot like CFS. Do you ever feel like you're in a fog?

This disease is horrible and it has nearly stolen my grandmother's quality of life.

3. Caleb93

Sounds like your symptoms could also be caused by low testosterone. Have you ever had your levels checked?

4. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    cfs is generally not caused by low T, but there can be a kind of relationship. Just FYI, I have been diagnosed with Fibro, CFS and some much more severe ailments. You have to take care of your body and not overdo your efforts, workouts etc, and sleep a lot, with CFS.

5. NightWalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks to you all for your answers!

@Anthemic, I send all hope and positive thoughts to your grandma. Everyday for at least 2 years I have felt as if my brain was floating in a pool of fluid inside my skull. I relate to this feeling of 'fog' a lot, to me it comes with trouble concentrating, struggling with memorizing and assimilating new information, reading a lot slower than before, trouble with enunciating ideas clearly when I speak, searching for my words etc...

@Caleb93, Is there a specific test I should take? The several blood tests I took for the past five years all came back normal. My grandpa, who has the same doctor as me, is taking meds for low T so I guess she would have suspected it but I'll talk to her about it on my next appointment!

@mvp 447, I send all hope to you as well! The last several months, especially since I had to quit my job, even running errands has become a chore haha! The sleep thing is one of the symptoms that is most crippling. Having low energy also means that I never feel rested. Sleeping 4, 8, 10, 12 hours doesn't make any difference; I always feel tired! If I don't put on my alarm I can easily sleep 10 to 15 hours and wake up worse than after a sleepless night. Do you exercise? I'm not sporty at all but I've been hoping to become fit for a while now. If so, which routine do you follow so you don't aggravate your symptoms?

6. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never heard of it before, but it's really gotten my attention just now. I looked into some small details and read what you said, and it sounds like something I may have myself.

Thanks for posting about this (I know it was to get help for yourself), but sorry I'm no help, but it's helped me learn of this condition. I'm going to have to look more into this now.

#6 Blood Elf, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! And yes, this is exactly how she feels. There is a doctor in California and other places who specializes in this. They give you immunoboosters for 6 weeks to see if it cures you. It has a 75% success rate I think. I want my grandmother to go, but her husband is convinced that it won't work. I can't stand the man.

8. NightWalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Valkari, I am glad I could help you find answers. Take good care of yourself.
    @Anthemic, I'll search for a place like that much nearer to my home hehe! That said, I really wish your grandma will brush off her husband's opinion and check in. I mean if he does love her, he will understand that her well-being comes first, by all means. ^^

FemDykeLuv likes this.
  9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I don't think he loves her at all. Before they married, he had nothing. He was just a truck driver. I think he married her because she has a nice home and is a hard worker. He knew she would take care of him. But she can't brush him off. CFS can tire you so much that it can crumble your self-esteem. I hate to say it, but I wish she would divorce him. She won't, though.

Please keep me updated. I really want you to feel better.

10. freeapril

I had CFS for several years and I am now fully recovered from it thanks to the Gupta Programme. I really really recommend it!!! And I would be happy to talk to anyone about who wants to know more! It is an amazing program. Seriously, please message me if you want to know about it! It saved me! Although it was developed for CFS, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, I have since recommended it to several friends who have Fibromyalgia, PTSD, and anxiety and they have all either fully recovered or are in the process of recovery now and have already seen substantial improvement.

11. NightWalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Anthemic, Thank you for your concern! For now I will concentrate on finding myself a therapist to treat my ongoing depression, for which my doctor has been pushing me hard in the back to do for several months. There's a department at the university which offers cheaper sessions for students. :slight_smile: Next, I'll make an appointment in another clinic in my city so I can have a different opinion on my case. The best thing to do right now is to get an accurate diagnosis, to make sure it is CFS and not something similar! To me, the odds are pretty high, but my maternal family has genetic history of fibromyalgia, so even though it is way more common in women, I have to make sure it's not my case. In the meantime, thank you for your help, take good care of yourself and your grandma too, we all need it! ^^

12. NightWalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @freeapril Thanks for your reply. I've been meaning to send you a PM and tried to send one on your wall but I'm restricted on both. Have a great day!

13. freeapril

Hi Nightwalker! OK...I think you just have to make a certain number of posts and then you can post on people's walls, so I'm sure you will be able to post soon. I would be happy to hear from you :slight_smile: