1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Olympic atheletes, some as young as 18, outed by journalist who thinks it was funny

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Robert, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This Gay Olympian Has Some Strong Words For The Writer Who Shamed Gay Athletes

2. Simple Thoughts

Re: Olympic atheletes, some as young as 18, outed by journalist who thinks it was fun

I heard about that jerk.

I'm not surprised the United States rewards trash journalism and gossip writers so this idea that a journalist wouldn't think twice about writing an article about an athlete's sexuality doesn't really shock me all too much.

3. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Olympic atheletes, some as young as 18, outed by journalist who thinks it was fun

Same as the sickos in Russia, using that very same app. to hunt gay men and beat them up. One does it for money, the others for fun.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

And here we have a fine example of why I why hate of why I hate humanity as a whole.

Now as part two they can go to a strict theocracy and out members who aren't a part of it. Because it's downright hilarious when people get killed for not being clones, right? :eusa_doh:

5. Formality

That is crazy. I can't fathom how any journalist could ever morally justify such an action. How could they not have come to the conclusion that this was a bad idea?

6. faustian1

7. LeticiaTheLesbo

This is horrible. That journalist should be stripped of his credentials to inteview olympic athletes and write at all.

8. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

And it's not just the journalist at fault...how could the Daily Beast let something like that be published?

9. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Humanity.

10. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

That's the thing that baffles me, The Daily Beast is actually really good at doing journalism and yet this somehow got through. Even the idea that gay people using dating apps is newsworthy is deeply troubling.

Heads have to roll for this.

11. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. photoguy93

This article could have taken a very different road and been very enlightening. Frankly, if you're not out but you're looking for a hookup in a country that's not great for you and you're doing so through the use of an easily accessible app...you might need some help.

How did he "out" these athletes? I cannot believe they'd post a picture so he lured them
    In and then got a picture? I'm on the one that starts with G and I refuse - REFUSE - to put a face pic up.

13. Joelouis

It amazes me how some pathetic, sad journalists prioritise an athletes sexuality over their sporting credentials. There are two British divers who hugged after winning a medal the other day, yet a couple of the crap-rags were more interested in trying to out them as a gay couple rather than congratulating them on their success.

Just madness.

14. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's just pathetic. Stupid and pathetic.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

That's not funny at all! :frowning2:

16. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

As far as I know, Nico Hines hasn't even been fired yet. This should be illegal, it's knowingly endangering people's lives.

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people

Humanity is at an all time low

18. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm a writer.
    I am about to publish my first book and run a successful blog (which I will post the link when I get the server back up...updating).
    I had the intention of getting a 2nd Bachelor and Master's degree in Journalism. That was, until I had a heart-to-heart conversation with a retired prominant news anchor here in Dallas I began speaking with on Twitter (I never meet a stranger).

Between her words...and reading recounts that made me actually throw up in (for instance) the Memoir of Thomas Ericc Duncan the Ebola Patient here in Dallas and the Memoir his fiance wrote (didn't hear about it? Most didnt...it told many dark sercrets of "journalism).

ALL American's should read it since it was 2-Wekss of "America Ebola Epidemic" on CNN 24/7...You'll learn a lot...and be sickened by how a lot was handled (Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings was that families saving grace even though he was harrased and insulted for "doing unto others..."). My Spirit Took You In by Louise Troh (have 1-2 boxes of Kleenex).

Journalism has become bullying, drama, fear mongering, and what will boost ratings. NOT, relaying news.

This is another example that journalism in modern countries have lost it...and it's about getting readers for the big "BOOM" and "Drama", not news and information.

That journalist was not stupid, and was darn well aware of the repercussions of the outted atheletes and their home countries reaction.

But, don't you see? ... More Drama...More readers...If not for that we wouldn't be reading it. It is a double edged sword.

I will say... for anyone harmed, even by a HAIR, it is on that journalist and he should be held responsible.

I truly pray for those atheletes and individuals safety. Truly.

Peace...
    Love Wins..

MJay

19. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If he hasn't been fired by now, can we please start a firenicohines.com site?