1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8.1 - Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPanda94, Aug 7, 2016.

1. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

So my kitten decided to walk across my screen and keyboard and now the taskbar, desktop and startup screen have very large annoying icons that I don't know how to change back - any ideas?

2. EdmontonGaymer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right click on desktop
    Select Personalize
    Click Display on the window that comes up
    Change the size.

Does that work for you? I might be thinking of win 7 but should still work on 8

3. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If your in windows 8 your screwed.. Abandon all hope

4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From Google :

"To resize desktop icons. Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View, and then select Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse to resize desktop icons. On the desktop, press and hold Ctrl while you scroll the wheel to make icons larger or smaller."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15058/windows-show-hide-resize-desktop-icons

Hope it works.

5. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I figured it out somewhat... The difference is less noticeable now at least. - I figured out that when you hit ctrl + spacebar it zooms in and out couple that with changing the screen resolution and it's about 95% correct again. Until she does it again... Or something else. The perks of having both a touch screen and keyboard. *rolls*

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a screen resolution issue. Does everything (particularly text) look fuzzy?

Try changing the resolution to your screen's native value. If I knew your computer model, I think I could help with that... I don't remember whether 8.1 has the correct value labeled as the Mac OS does. Otherwise, you can try common values until text looks sharp and of the correct size. I'd suggest you to try:

1366 x 768
    1600 x 900
    1920 x 1080

Also, check that text scaling is set at 100%. If I remember correctly, the option says "Change the size of elements on screen" or the like. That's in the screen resolution control panel.

(I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I'm on a Mac right now and don't have any 8.1 boxes around)