1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you ever grossed out by who you are attracted to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyWinter, Aug 4, 2016.

1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What I mean is one day you think "Women are hot" but then an hour, or a day, or a week later, you think "Yuck. Women are just....gross. Why do I find them attractive?"

What is that? Why is there such a drastic flip?

Does anyone else do this?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. Plus, I love everything about women's personalities too. I only think "Yuck, gross" when it comes to men and not understanding how straight women like them.

Tbh, I feel this behavior is more common in straight people overall though. Straight men are grossed out by women because of their own sexism, and straight women are grossed out by men because they're sick of being oppressed. That's the only time I've seen it. I'd be surprised if a gay person felt that way, but I'm open to seeing it and learning why.

#2 Creativemind, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No.

I mean it happens that I find a specific woman really attractive then find out she is a horrible person and despite being repulsed by her I still find her physically attractive, which just feels very wrong but I can't help it. :lol: But aside from that, there is not a moment I find women anything even remotely related to gross or anything like that.

4. Xochipilli

Never!
    I see new guys everyday that just reinforce the gay. :love:

Although, I kind have a thing for older guys that look like they're in their mid 30s to early 40s and that I am kind of wary of. It can only lead to heartbreak. :tears:

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, nope, can't relate.

6. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. But it tends to be if I thought he/she/their personality was nice, and then I find out they're a horrible person. Then sometimes I go on a ''complex'' of hating all of he/she/their group (by ''complex'' I mean I don't really hate all of them, I'm just fed up with the ones like that horrible person). But right now, I'm fed up with dating. I find it complex and confusing, and not dating is helping me get over my ''complex'' since not dating means I don't accidentally run into those horrible people I was talking about.

Just additional info about ''why'' if you want to know:
    If you want to know, my complex is on women who think they have to always be agreed with due to being oppressed, who think it's okay to abuse men, who are anti-male, and refuse to believe there are some ways that men are actually worse off than women. And think they don't have to fight for those rights of males just because ''men have more rights than them'' [if we're going by that, then I don't need to fight for women's rights as they have more rights than non-binary genders] to which both I think is stupid. My complex on guys are guys like Ross Geller who refuse to let a boy play with traditional female toys or a man have a traditional female job; who think it's okay to abuse others and think they always have to pay for first dates [the last is not as important, but I like to pay, I mean, I haven't been on a date yet, but I see myself doing that]. And males and females who think that non-binary genders don't exist.

Drastic flip? I learn more about people. Although I've loved sixthform, these two years have been the most ''world awakening'' of my life. I mean, I always knew the world was a ''dark place'' but I didn't think it was hell.

Also, it isn't really a ''gross'' feeling [Unless I'm thinking about anything physical ranging from hand holding to sex], it's more of a ''Just get your hatred thoughts out of my head and leave me alone'' feeling.

#6 Secrets5, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only time that ever happens is when I was attracted to someone and they turned out to be complete assholes. Then, I'm disgusted by them while still finding their physical appearance pleasing.

8. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the time in my cycle in which I am furthest from my period, I feel almost no sexual attraction to anyone. When I am about to have my period, I find almost everyone around my age sexy. So, yes, for 1-2 weeks every 1.5 months.

9. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    The only time this happens is when the guy turns out to be a self conceited asshole but is so attractive.

10. travel

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    only when a guy turns out not to be what you thought he was

11. almightyrat

actually no, im really good at reading people. if i like someone i like them, i wouldnt think they real gross after like 4 years or something.