1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial hair obsession!!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Does any other transguy have facial hair / beard obsession? I want both slightly longer than designer stubble and full blown beard. A colleague has the best facial hair that I envy so so much. When I'm talking to him I stare at it and wish it was on my face. I must look a right weirdo staring at his face.

The main thing I want. And to be rid of the female voice.

2. SystemGlitch

Eeyup... I can't wait to have facial hair. Hairy-ness runs in my dad's side of the family so I'm really hoping that I get something. I'd love to have facial hair along these lines:

[​IMG]

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    You'll definitely luck out then. My brother is quite fair and struggles with facial hair. But I'm darker, have darker skin tone and I'm pretty hairy for a biological woman. I hope I don't. I'm going for the Henry Cavill in Man of Steel look, when he's first talking to Jor El.

4. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The second I saw this thread I thought about this--
    When I was younger and hadn't started questioning my gender yet* I used to "joke" about how cool it would be to have a goatee, grinning all the while.. My little sis and friends always said something along the lines of "what? No!!" or just laughed with me and sometimes gave me a funny look. I don't think I realized until recently that I totally was not joking and I would love I have facial hair lol. Something along the lines of the picture hunter posted. Unfortunately (and fortunately) my dad isn't a super hairy dude so I dunno how much luck I'll have if I start T someday. His beard wont really grow out past stubble haha..

* I still am. But I'm getting answers I think? Dunno. It's probably too soon to know..

5. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    We can but hope!

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had the worst envy of this Bangladeshi kid in my chem class because he has the most perfect facial hair I've ever seen. Really neat and not patchy at all. I can't wait for proper stubble. I have a bit of facial hair like sideburns and very thin sparse hair all over my face but it's not the same, just comes with the race.

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a secret obsession of mine, yes.

I want to go for thick stubble, mostly. But yeah, I cannot freaking wait. Just thinking about it makes me clammy with anticipation.

Give me my man fur.

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, as the person who feared being picked on, the day I realized I was growing facial hair was horrible for me. All I could think about was how I was going to be picked on, because here I was this girl with facial hair.
    I became obsessed with finding ways to hide it and I constantly felt ashamed and fearful of it. I always worried what others would think.

Then came the years where I barely left the house. I was to lazy to shave my facial hair, and I didn't see the need to around my family. Most of the females in my family have varying degrees of facial hair. Bit by bit came the realization that I did not hate my facial hair. More surprisingly was the realization that I often missed it after I shaved it off. I spent so much time worrying about what others would think that I never stopped to think about how I felt and what I wanted. The same is true for everything else. From having long hair to shaving. It has always been about what others would think and what was expected of me.

Once I realized I was trans I started thinking about facial hair in a new light. I'm obsessed with facial hair but not in the same way I was when I was a teenager. Now it is the first thing I notice about a guy followed by a bit of jealousy and then thoughts of how the guy is hot. Still have to think that I'm terrified of going outside with an unshaven face and I worry if that will ever change or not. Oh well, guess I won't know till I start T.

9. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't forget though, the hair will be different in texture so it won't feel the same and unlikely to look the same. I know what you mean, I don't like the dark little hairs on the corners of my upper lip because to me they look ropey and gross. But they don't feel valid to me because I'm not on T. I don't mind the neck hair or downy sideburn hair because it's less dark and gross looking.

10. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a hugeeee facial hair obsession. I enjoy to photoshop a beard onto my face and I just keep talking about my mustache, even though I'm not out yet. I think I would really enjoy some thick, dark stubble.

11. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Totally. Although cis men say how much it itches. Not looking forward to that part.

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it will look and feel different. Also itchiest like hell as well.

13. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would love to have like a 4 o clock shadow thing going on man

But I'm not gonna be Gandalf xD

14. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    You never know!

15. anthracite

anthracite Guest

God no, Gandalf and that hipster beards. I am one of the obsessed people around here, and have also tried a mascara beard, only when I'm home alone though. I look good with it ^^ And I'm really looking forward to a real beard. Right now, I shave my peach fuzz as if there was actually something to shave :grin: But men don't have peach fuzz, I want to avoid looking like a 15-year-old.

16. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't obsess over it, but beards look pretty cool.

17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll have you know my 25 year old cousin has peach fuzz. He has never been able to grow beyond that. The same is true for his dad as well. My eldest brother as well. And there are many men like that.
    Being male does not automatically mean you will be blessed with a lot of facial hair. It is mostly determined by genetics. That's why they say looking at the men in your family will help you get an idea as to what you will have once on T

18. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@Matto: Yeah, but most men don't. Guess I will not have much facial hair, but enough to grow a decent beard.

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been struggling with the thought of if I actually want to grow facial hair or not and whether not wanting it is somehow a sign that I am not actually trans. My main worry is that it will seem ridiculous because my face is very feminine at least before testosterone and I don't want to look like a bearded lady. Also, I already grow a pretty visible moustache and half a unibrow and my dad is a yeti so I'm pretty confident I will have great beard growing potential. I also have a bad track record with shaving since I've only shaved my legs like 3 times in my life so I'm not very confident that I will be a consistent face shaver once it becomes an issue. I am kind of nervous about it just because I can't picture what it will look like on me.

So, my fiancee is out of town and left most of her makeup at home. Let me just preface this by saying the only makeup I have ever worn in my life has been black eyeliner, concealer, and black nail polish in my emo phase, and that ended about 7 years ago. But I got it in my head to try my hand at some drawn on facial hair which was pretty fun. Next time I'll get someone who actually knows how to do makeup to do it for me haha.

20. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For your amusement I took some pictures:

My consensus: I could prolly pull it off once my face thins out. Also, I would quite like the eyebrows if I knew how to do them. I barely added anything to what I already had anyway. I bet my fiancee will get a kick out of doing them for me when she gets back.

Attached Files:

#20 Rickystarr, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016