1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I a girl in some dreams but a guy in other ones?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ramlethal, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    With the dreams of being a girl , its like I am a living new life and somehow everyone accepts me. I know that in real life things wouldn't turn out that way..

Dreams where I am a guy , its like I am just running for unknown reasons and running out of breath constantly. Sometimes I am just running and sometimes , I am jumping ledges of buildings to next one. This dream is most reoccurring to me but still fuzzy with what is going on.

Am I the only one having dreams that include being more than one gender?

2. White Knight

For a guy who can see pretty wild things in his dreams I never dreamed myself as a girl.

Your guy dreams feels like the ones I had during a period of time. Do you have troubles, secrets that troubles you in real life currently? It could be you are trying to escape from a past mistake?

I don't know. I'm a firm believer of everyone's dreams are special to their own and only they can analyze them best... Our brains work differently after all and coded differently

3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you ever questioned your gender? Are you a bio male who wears, or wants to wear typical feminine style clothes? Do you want to wear feminine clothes but can't for some reason?

4. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I guess having trans feelings troubles me the most and its not really something that I can open up about. But I don't get why I would be running as guy.

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2016 at 05:53 AM ----------

I have questioned my gender , I also despise the male characteristics of my body , I also feel uncomfortable with them. I hate the clothes that I wear too but I can't dress any different from how I dress now around my family or friends as feminine is quite the contrast.

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe there is a link between your inability to dress feminine and dreams about being a girl?

Perhaps your subconscious is expressing a desire while you are asleep through your dreams?

So have you ever dressed feminine? Even if it was in secret? What did you think/feel during that experience?

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG, when I have dreams in which I am a man, somebody is running after me too, always, they want to kill me, and hurt my family and friends, there is jungle, apocalypse, old, run-down warehouses, war... And when I have dreams in which I can remamber I am a girl... no, that's the whole rest

7. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe. I do dress up in secret sometimes. I can't really say I think or feel much but its way better then dressing way that I am forced to regularly (disconnect between how I dress and feel inside is a bit lower) , I still have feelings that my body is a missing piece to happiness.

8. Rabell9

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Could it be that in your dreams you are happy as a girl because you wish you could explore your femininity? And that as a guy, you are running away from your current life. Or as a guy, in your dream, you are running away from your impulses to be like a girl because you think you would not be accepted if you explored your femininity.

That's my dream interpretation, could be wrong of course. Whatever release you can get from experimenting while alone in your room can help until you figure out what you want.

9. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have very similar dreams. Dreams where I am male tend to be dreams about running or hiding from something. Dreams where I am female tend to be happy and about living life.

I think I'm running and hiding in the "male dreams " because i dont want to be male. I know that's how I feel when I'm awake and it explains why I never see something chasing me. In "female dreams" I am happy because expressing my femininity makes me happy IRL. Literally the biggest thing that I struggle with on a daily basis is feeling like nobody sees the real me. While I am definitely transitioning for myself, a big part of what I hope to get from transition is just to be seen for who I am the way everyone else is. So to me the dreams make perfect sense

#9 Jiramanau, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why is it better than how you dress regularly? Why do you feel like you are missing happiness?

11. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Feeling sad and uncomfortable about my body is most depressing thing , I live with it but it doesn't make me happy. To me that goes with not dressing way that I want to and wearing these baggy male clothes. I don't get why I want to be feminine or dress feminine. It just feels more correct to me.

12. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So let's say tomorrow you woke up in a female body with a closet stuffed with pretty clothes, but everything else was the same, how would you feel?

13. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'd probably be happy , my life isn't great by any means but I wouldn't have to deal with hating parts of myself.

14. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would you ever consider coming out to those around you? Would they accept you wearing feminine clothing?

15. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would not consider coming out to those around me and they wouldn't accept it.

I have even got in trouble for dressing up once in my life as child. Parent found out told the rest of family , they called me things , said I needed to be saved and I pretty much got grounded. I would probably get disowned this time around being seen by anyone in such fashion. Family forgetting that moment was best thing that could happen. I don't think the people I hang out with are any better than them.

16. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry they treated you that way. That wasn't okay.

Something similar happened to me when I was young and I got into my mom's makeup.

So, I think you have a good idea of what might be causing your dreams. I obviously can't say definitively, but I think that the knowledge that those around wouldn't accept you if you were to dress that way is finding its way into your dreams. Your dreams might be acting as a safe space for you.