1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i might be bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by equalinfinity, Aug 1, 2016.

1. equalinfinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am so confused and decided I need some answers because clearly I am unable to answer my own. I am currently 17 (turning 18 this September) and I am in a relationship currently with a boy. I have always been a strong supporter in the LGBT community and I get very defensive and upset when people have something bad to say about it. I've had 2 proper relationships with boys (including the one i am in now) but i only did stuff with the boy i was with before. However, whilst I was in high school I had a best friend. We have been close since 2012 but in 2013 I realised that I was feeling more than just "friend" type feelings towards her. A few people at school noticed we were closer than usual bestfriends and when rumours started to go around that i was bisexual, i got really defensive about it. More so to protect my bestfriend because her friends and family aren't as open to that sort of stuff. Where as my family will accept me if i decide i am not straight. In the October of 2013 we kissed and it turned out I liked it a hell of a lot. From then til the beginning of this year me and my "best friend" have kissed, held hands, slept in the same bed together, dated in secret and done a few sexual things together. Me and her used to speak of having children and getting married? (sounds silly when we're quite young, but it seemed so right to say) Now I know it sounds stupid me asking because if i've done stuff with a girl i should know what i am right? But my family seem to think that i am just "infatuated" with her (i disagree, i think its more than an infatuation). I think boys are very attractive and I also think that some girls are very attractive. I find myself thinking about relationships with girls more often? I just want to point out that i am still a virgin. i just really need some help. Please?

2. Confusedgal99

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It most definitely sounds like you are bi, if you've done sexual things with your best friend but you've also done stuff with boys and are attracted to both genders. Only you know how you really feel, not your parents and not me but from what you describe you definetly arnt straight. Does your friend feel the same about you? I know it's confusing but you don't have to label yourself, you like who you like and nobody can change that :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

3. equalinfinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you so much for replying!! I just needed someone else to tell me,so it all made sense. Yeah,she's not as open with her feelings as I am but she does think the same way I do. Things just aren't as easy for her as they are for me. Thank you so much again. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders:icon_bigg