1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM A/B cup alternative binding?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    A binder really doesn't do it for me - I had anxiety issues some years ago and intentionally constricting my chest worries me. I intermittently use KT tape with tissue on the nipples and it made the nipples sore when wearing for longer than 2 or 3 days.

Any other suggestions? I'm guessing the fatty tissue will reduce when I start T (which is probably a year away) and I work out so that goes in my favour. But I don't really want to start growing a beard and have a deep voice with noticeable bumps.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever actually tried binding with a real binder? I am pretty small/average chested (B bordering on C cup) and after my binders get broken in for a few days, I can barely feel the compression and I still look totally flat. If you have a small chest, not much compression will be needed.

3. lnamae

lnamae Guest

crop tops and sports bras (the flat, material kind, not the kind with padding) can work well enough if you're small and wear guys shirts. the feeling of my chest being pressed really annoys me, so i don't use binders either. usually crops. :confused:

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If binders aren't your thing, sports bras can do wonders, especially if you have a small chest to begin with.

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a you tuber called Ty turner who is pre op but he doesn't bind and he has a very small chest. I think he just used plasters over his nipples at one point. But look him up, I think he does some vids about it.

6. GenderSciFi

If it's not hot summer, I think thoughtful layering can do the job pretty well... like, a sports bra or no bra, then a tight undershirt or tanktop, then a slightly wider T-Shirt and then an unbuttoned shirt or a wide hoodie - try using stiff materials like denim or linen, not exactly something that follows the curves.

Also, there are binders out there that have a zipper or Velcro. I think a person with anxiety might not feel as trapped in them because you don't have to struggle and pull your body through it, and you can open it any time you feel constricted. For easy shipping in Europe, Danae produces those.

Hope that helped.

#6 GenderSciFi, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  7. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks all