1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MyPugtronus, Jul 30, 2016.

1. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't know why, but this reminded me of something. :lol:

When I was starting to realize that I was gay, I looked back on all the signs from when I was little. I had kept them all to myself, embarrassed, but now I look back at all of my little obsessions and stuff and think "JESUS I WAS SO GAY". For instance, I was obsessed with Emmy Rossum when I was 13. Before that, I was fascinated by Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I couldn't have been older than 10. It wasn't until later that my lil obsessions included thoughts like, "I wouldn't mind if I could kiss one of them," and other crush thoughts.

Not sure why your comment reminded me, probably because I looked away from my computer and said "Aren't we all attracted to Gillian Anderson?" :roflmao:

2. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I hadn´t realised that I am a guy I struggled a lot with liking girls. It started when I dreamed about making out with one of my friends and I really liked that thought but I didn´t want to be gay or anything like that so I told myself that it was just a dream and that it had no meaning.
    So that dream was followed by two years of deinal, that was until I started cosplaying and wachting cosplay videos.
    I often had crushes on cosplayers but I always sat there thinking: it´s okay, I am totally straight because they are cosplaying as male charcters, right?! But then I realised that I still hab crushes on them when they didn´t wear their cosplays, so I started to identivy as bisexual.
    Then when I got more and more into the LGBT+ community I started to whatch trans* Youtubers and I had crushes on some of them and suddenly I realised that basically gender had never mattered to me at all and that I am pan :grin:.

3. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think it here was one specific way I knew, I think it was many little things I noticed. Like when I wanted to spend more time with my best friend than my boyfriend. I would get butterflies when my best friend would walk into a room but never with my boyfriend. I never wanted to do anything physical with my boyfriend in high school. I always looked at women than men. I only crushed on female celebrities. I just wasn't interested in men. I was only interested in women. There was nothing there emotionally with men like there were with women.

#23 BelieveinLove94, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016