1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Describe your ideal partner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'm_Danni_x, Jul 30, 2016.

1. I'm_Danni_x

We all have an idea on who we want our future partner to be; including their appearance, origin, language, culture, character traits, their likes/dislikes plus other superficial and artificial qualities.

My ideal partner would have to be a Spanish or a French woman, although I could date someone who isn't French or Spanish but is fluent in French or Spanish and is considering moving to those either of the two countries. She needs to be understanding, compassionate, emotionally stable, open to discussion, strictly faithful and monogamous, has a good job and knows how to look after the other person. We will both be able to respect each others opinions and decisions in life and be able to talk to each other on important matters and not hide anything from each other.

Are these qualities unreasonable? I don't really think so.

Describe your ideal partner.

2. AmyBee

I don't really have an idea about the ideal partner's appearance other than it would be really cool if we were the same size and we could just consolidate our wardrobes and wear each other's clothes. She'd definitely be much smarter than I am, super well-read and way into the same kind of music I am. I'd love it if she were willing to fashion experiment, too. Like I have a friend who talks about doing amarori style with me but we probably never will. My ideal partner I was actually WITH would be way into doing things like that, or decora or whatever. And she would love the beach and travel, but also be really conversant in movies. And we'd be able to bare our innermost selves to each other fearlessly and without judgment. We'd really get along and share values and the same general outlook and optimism about life. Because she'd have to be a very positive person. I've really had it up to here with negativity and naysayers.

3. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never really think about an ideal partner, the person I like most just happens because my brain is my brain.

#3 kronixx, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A cute short girl(maybe a little older than me, it turns me on I don't know why :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)with divinely amazing feet(to my standards at least). But she needs to have a nice personality otherwise it is just a waste of my time since I am not looking for an one night stand, I just hate having sex and then leaving. I want a long lasting full fledged relationship.

5. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    Great thread!

My ideal partner:

Someone who is kind (not only to me but others as well), emotionally intelligent, loyal, adventurous and expressive. I'd hope we would be honest and able to talk about anything, let each other have their own identity, share lots of laughter...and late night cuddles.

6. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind, caring, sensitive, hard working, empathetic, sarcastic and dry sense of humour, reliable, warm, affectionate, curvaceous figure, small breasts and large bottom.

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A guy or girl who is fun, easy going, genuine, intelligent, fit and healthy, sweet and cute, loving and affectionate.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess the main thing is that I'm 100% comfortable around him. I have a really hard time feeling completely comfortable and trusting of people, even if they're really nice and haven't given me a reason to distrust them.

Also honest as fuck. I know lots of people say they want honesty, but can't handle it. I need a guy who is very honest and blunt/explicit. I suck at hints so just say it how it is.

And it's said over and over so much it's basically a cliché, but a good sense of humour.

Physically I like hairy guys :lol:

9. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An asian or hispanic nerdy guy who is skinny and shorter than I am and is into video games

10. Albea

i guess just someone who would constantly treat me with respect and remind me that I'm worth it and that I'm good enough. someone who would hug me and be there for me and also expect all of those things in return.

11. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd want to be with someone, preferably a feminine-looking girl, who is ambitious, independent, honest and open, and calm. I'd like that person to be fluent in my native language, Chinese, and English, and have shared interests with me (i.e. Peppers, philosophy, early modern Western music, filming, cubing, etc.).

12. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It would be a plus if her parents or grandparents are immigrants. Since my parents are immigrants, I tend to have a hard time connecting with generic white Canadians. I'd generally prefer European or East Asian countries. I culturally clash too much with other places. Blonde hair and blue eyes are attractive to me. I tend to like alternative or artsy looking with strong masculine and feminine traits. Not that attracted to girls who are too "soft" or stereotypically butch. I tend to like girls who are extroverted and charismatic. Since I'm kind of on the introverted side, introverts make me way too introverted. I'm just not happy like that. I also want to date a girl who is spontaneous and can introduce me to a lot of new things. One important thing to me is that she sees me as normal. Some people are obsessed with figuring out what's "wrong" with me and how to "accommodate" me. I'd rather date a girl who doesn't notice or care about that.

13. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If we're talking about ideal then that's awfully specific!

Well, firstly I'd do best if she was an atheist too. No need to rely on an old code to bind us to any sort of morality we don't agree, with and instead can form and update our own morals based on evidence. It wouldn't be an absolute deal-breaker unless they were fundamentalist however, but then they would be forcing themselves to date men anyway.

And once that's out of the way... Hopefully someone who agrees with or at least tolerates the cat obsession? I mean, they're practically my kids and aren't going anywhere.
    Lastly... Someone creative or fun who'd love to collaborate on art projects or digital construction projects! Someone who legitimately cares about love and time together and romance not just sex.

...But not too many things in common, or I'd practically be dating myself! That might be a little freaky, there needs to be things we disagree on, just no yelling arguments like my straight parents have/had since they disagree on nearly everything. Especially if she either was great in mathematics or just had a good memory in general, I think it would really help to have someone who balances out my more prominent flaws.

As far as appearance goes? Eh, rather irrelevant as long as we can cuddle and draw and stuff. If we're so curious about how something could look, we could just draw eachother like that I guess? Yeah, best to see how it looks before I try to go with that dress, I remember the last time I didn't. :lol:

14. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man or woman, preferably asexual like me. I adore dark hair and light eyes, but can go for any colour combination. British would be perfect.

Personality-wise... I need someone who is empathetic, kind, and fiercely loyal. Someone down to earth and practical, smart but not extremely so. Someone who can anticipated my emotional needs without me having to explicitly ask. Usually reserved, but energetic about things that matter. In between introverted and extroverted. Strong morals. Stubborn is okay. Awkward is okay. Flawed but full of personality.

And if you match that description, well, let's get married then.

#14 Kodo, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  15. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ideal partner? In personality, she would be nice, tolerant of my quirks and bad traits, but tell me when I'm messing up. Honest. She would most likely have to be patient and calm. I would enjoy it if she liked to debate topics and if we argued, for her to to be logical about it. Be open to working things out. Be supportive. Want to get or stay healthy together. Enjoying to read would be a big plus and enjoying to learn. It would also be a plus if she had ADHD and Aspergers (surprisingly this isn't very hard to find, my ex-boyfriend had both and I didn't know until a couple months after we started dating). As for looks the only thing that I could think of is for her not to be obese.

16. Lonimation

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well for looks, I'd say she'd be a small person, considering I'm a small person. I notice I like girls with dark features, like hair color, eye color,ect.
    I'm more into romance,cuddling, ickey gooey shtuff like that. No sex tbh so I guess, games and movies and food. Definitely food and movies.
    But there's no relationship where you don't fight so I want to fight over stupid things and maybe something important, but not go to the point of hating each other in the end.
    I'm not really religious (ideally I want to wear fun hair scarves for no reason but be Buddist but nahhh) so that's not a huge problem to me but it might be to them.
    I don't really want kids from my body but I'm open to having kids in the house (or apartment, like really cool apartment)

17. Glowing Eyes

Same except that my ideal partner would also be a transgirl.

18. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone who loves me and will buy me tacos and won't get mad when I grab their ass when they are within reach...

Honestly: race, gender and religious beliefs don't matter. I don't want someone who uses drugs or is a heavy drinker. So I suppose my ideal partner would be someone like me. Average health and looks, slightly above average intelligence, likes games of all kinds, and likes foods of all kinds. Has a handful of shared hobbies and interests.

19. StefaniPurrr

That's spot on. Great post!

20. schaussey

I would love a guy that's of any race and into the semi-typical American lifestyle of being outdoorsy and family oriented. It would also be a bonus if he was religious, but I don't mind exactly which one. I wouldn't want him to be too tall because I'm pretty short and kissing would be hard, but I also wouldn't want him as short as I am. It seems shallow, but I would also like him to be about as well off as I am financially, because I think it would be less stressful concerning a money imbalance and one of us spending too little/too much on each other, but that would just be an extra plus. Ideally, he would also share interest in theatre and movies, as I'm an actor and it would be nice to talk to someone about it, but I wouldn't want him to be an actor too because I'd honestly just get jealous and competitive. It would also be nice if he enjoyed or at least tolerates watching sports, which is another one of my big hobbies.