1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To non americans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThetasTrust, Jul 29, 2016.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]

Honestly though, it blows my mind how either Clinton or Trump are going to be POTUS. I have a lot of thoughts about both of them, but now it's basically please not Trump.

2. AlamoCity

:roflmao:

We now say, remember the good ol' days when Republicans nominated McCain and Romney?

3. Glowing Eyes

:lol:
    Perfect

4. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't bare to think about the shock waves trump is going to send. If not anything radical islam is going to just get worse. Other than this there are million other problems and instability that he is going to bring with him. I can't really comprehend why he even has support. I understand Clinton isnt ideal but I think preventing damage is more important than wanting progress.

5. KayJay

I am a bit worried. We finally have a PM who is gonna repair our relationship with the States and if Trump is elected then it will probably all go to shit again.

6. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This election is a nightmare, I dislike both candidates. I refuse to have a part in it, I wont vote for the lesser of two evils.

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not following much american politics, specially since there seems to be too much missinformation and media hype, never a good sign...

I do pray for just a wee bit of stability. Somebody said 'When America catches a cold, the rest of the world will sneeze!' Well, this part of the rest of the world are friends of America, so it's on our best interest you guys are doing well. Also my life would feel quite empty without your applecake and cheerleaders, specially your cheerleaders.

Now, this must be said : Trump never scared me as much as Bush did back in the days.

Hillary? We know she'll be there, and some of us do want to believe she'll push your economy, which in turn will also push our economy.

I highly doubt Hillary would force her country the way Bush did. It's hard to match what he and his friends did back then, against America and against the whole world, including breaking the laws and getting away with it. And we are still dealing with the consequences, all of us.

It's all a question of a good, rational leadership. Hillary seems to me the one America needs right now.

8. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

I made this thread wondering if people knew how bad it was here xD, and I was glad to know even out of the country people are wondering what things would occour here depending on who got elected also @HMO3 accurate picture

9. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    o.o- "!!!"
    -o.o "..."

Good thing I'm moving to Spain Bwahaha, I hate politics.. still... had Bernie won..

10. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    even here in the uk, we KNOW that trump is a complete moron, whatever you guys do DONT VOTE HIM IN. he's a fool,and it would be a completely BEYOND stupid thing to do

11. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm voting for Hillary, because I would rather have her as president (she's not as bad as Sanders supporters and Republicans have made her out to be, IMO) than have to endure four years of Trump.

#31 peterw78165, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  12. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Remember when there was a mass petition to ban Trump from entering the UK?

13. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup. He's an absolute twat. Also the Brexit tweet where he said Scotland were going wild about leaving and he got shot down immediately :roflmao:
    Scots Shower Trump With Glorious Scottish Insults After His Brexit Tweet - 9GAG

14. Manitoban

Canadians are very interested in the US election. While all nations need to be concerned about it for canada Pierre Trudeau said it best: "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt." No other nation save perhaps Mexico can understand that.

Essentially you've got a complete nutter or a corporate lacky. Neither of which are good. I've never thought in an election here that it would be a complete disaster for the nation, I might not like them but they were never completely out to lunch. Trump is out to lunch, and to stop him you've got to go with a corperate lacky.

PS living in multiparty nations with election spending laws makes things turn out a bit better. Oh and up here at least there is a feeling that you could be a city councillor, or MLA or even MP if you play your cards right. Unstainable seven figure local races are not only unheard of, but not allowed.

15. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm hesitant to pass judgement on how others run their own country, but comparing these two candidates, I think those who say "who ever wins, we're equally screwed" might be in for an unpleasant surprise over how bad things can get.

As a member of the LGBT community, my litmus test is always to look at how people in power treat minorities - because I find the leap from xenophobia to homophobia isn't a big one.

16. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

the only way Trump will actually win, is if too many Americans share this view...

17. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, I know too much about Clinton to vote for her and still sleep at night. I am registered democrat.

#37 Totesgaybrah, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  18. musiclover78

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think that no matter who gets elected either trump or Hillary we're all fucked.

19. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No offense, guys, but you are really fucked. Hillary's the obvious choice at this point, but only because she's not quite as bad as Trump, she still isn't that great of a candidate. Sad to see Bernie drop out of the race, to be honest, he seemed like the obvious winner, to me.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2016 at 12:56 PM ----------

Or that time a British dude tried to assassinate him at a rally? Or Scotland's protests? :slight_smile: I've never been so proud :grin:

20. eMei

I am more pro-Clinton because she would not pull American forces out of Japan and South Korea, which would cause unprecedented amounts of upset for the democratic East Asian countries (Taiwan, Japan and South Korea) in regards to China's power. I do support a lot of what Trump says though, but ultimately Clinton is the way to go.