1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To non americans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThetasTrust, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

What do you think of America's upcoming election and the candidates? It's interesting to hear it from an outside perspective.

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be frankly honest, I don't understand much about politics,

But either way, it looks like the same sort of thing that we have in Australia: whoever you pick, the country is fucked.

Also gets annoying hearing about it all the time, we don't even hear enough about our own politics and issues compared to how much we hear about the US debacles

3. Brytaleith

Y'all are fucked. Trump is crazy, Hillary isn't trustworthy, but for god's sake, pls get your shit together because the president y'all pick is going to determine if i'm going to choose to apply to US colleges or not (and I really want to, but i also want to feel safe)

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clinton is more of the same - she'll do everything for her corporate friends and nothing for anyone else. She feels it is 'her turn'.
    Donald Trump is a full blown fascist - Electing him to the White House will make USA ltd complete... Electing an actual oligarch to the Presidency? Its almost satire. And hes supposed to be the 'outsider'! Fucking hell.

Prediction: Donald Trump will win. Clinton is too status quo, too robot-like. People are desperate for something to change and literally everybody knows that they wont get change with Clinton.

#4 Robert, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm Canadian and I've never paid much attention to American politics before this election. It's scary, cause we're your neighbours and we don't want our neighbours' house to explode. :/ It's also been completely mind-boggling. I always assumed that, despite different names for things, democracy worked the same in Canada and America. The American system makes absolutely 0 sense to me.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly surprised that it's such a tight race. A woman who is no doubt not the most inspiring choice, but certainly a reasonable one and one who has a solid grasp of all major areas of policy should be the safe bet. Instead, she's neck-and-neck with a man who has no attention to detail, reckless abandon with words and doesn't bother with developing policy in any depth, whose business record makes Silvio Berlusconi look respectable and whose attitude is essentially petulant to the point of childishness.

A man who cares little for and clearly knows nothing about international law or politics is a big red flag for a commander in chief. I certainly don't want the prosperity and safety of my region imperilled because an ignorant brute with a lackadaisical work ethic and no governing principles is in charge of one of the two Pacific great powers. A man who without any consideration dismisses the utility of NATO and is cosy with the ruling style and Great Russian expansionism of Vladimir Putin.

I'm not confident enough to make a prediction. As Brexit has shown, much of the West is willing to take a post-factual attitude to politics - no matter how stupid a decision it may be, Donald Trump might be the method America chooses to vent its dissatisfaction with unchangeable economic and social realities.

#6 Aussie792, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me neither, and I'm American. Leaving this country is starting to sound more and more appealing.

8. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, okay. Want to know my opinion about it? Don't let Donald Trump become the president. That's all. Sorry, too worried about my own country to know more about yours.

9. hanrity

hanrity Guest

whoever wins trump or Clinton. ...I think there all not the best options. ..but it would be interesting to watch how they will run things...

10. White Knight

In other elections I would be indifferent.

However Trump makes everything easy on this election.

Plus USA should really get a female President... Maybe Clinton is not best choice but that is the only one you have right there.

Knowing from our history, she will be defining moment for female presidents. Her misdeeds could be prevent from any other future female president. Like it or not, males still like to thing world would crumble to dust if they are not in charge of life around the world. Every negative example about women's inability makes them look more right in their claims.

11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's as important to non-Americans as it is to Americans. A Trump presidency doesn't bear thinking about. If Brexit caused international shockwaves, a Trump victory would cause an earthquake.

Trump isn't your average Republican and that's precisely why some traditional conservatives balk at the idea of him being their candidate. He doesn't share their values at all. He is a big mouthed, two-faced chancer who lacks any real convictions and he would take America down an incredibly dangerous path. The instability that a Trump presidency would create cannot be reasonably described here, but it would reach well beyond the shores of the United States and that's why it matters so much to non-Americans.

This isn't a time for parochial attitudes and petty observations about Hillary Clinton. Yes, she has many faults and flaws, but they are nothing compared to her rival. I do think the Democrats could have chosen a better, less divisive candidate, but we are where we are and she is the candidate... the only candidate now capable of keeping Trump out of the White House. I would urge those Americans who don't like Hillary to take a pragmatic view and avoid getting caught up in idealistic trivia. I know it's difficult and you may feel as though you are surrendering some deeply held beliefs to vote for her, but the stakes are too high in this election guys. The world needs you to make the right choice.

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When has politics ever made sense to be honest?

13. idontknow12

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Donald Trump should burn in a fire. It's ridiculous that a man like him has made it this far. He's immature, has a terrible temper, misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, two-faced, etc. I also don't like Ted Cruz. In some ways he's even worse than Donald Trump because he actually believes what he's saying. I don't really know much about him, but I don't like him. He's too conservative, which is dangerous especially for a presidential candidate. Hillary Clinton is fine. She's not the best but I certainly don't think she should get much hate when Donald Trump is running for president as well. Bernie Sanders is my favourite. I still don't know much about him either, but he seems the best from what I know. I'd choose him over Trump or Cruz any day.

Anyway, your country is screwed.

14. Embi

Embi Guest

I think both options are bad, but Clinton is still way better than Trump. Due to the fact that things like Brexit actually happen, I won't be surprised if he wins though. Good luck, America...

15. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cruz and Bernie are out of the race.
    It's just Hillary and Trump now.

16. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does Donald Trump even have any political experience? I don't like either of them, but the Democrat's platform towards LGBT+ aren't trying to restrict our rights (which the Republicans are), and Hillary Clinton does actually have political experience. Besides, they're both shady, and if I was American, I would rather have Clinton for president than some oompa loompa who just walked off the set of the new Willy Wonka movie.

About whether people should vote for Clinton because she's a woman? Nah, you should pick someone who knows what they're doing, don't do it just because of their gender.

Tl;dr - I would pick Clinton, because she's not an inexperienced asshole and the Democrats don't hate us.

#16 RGEm, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Believe it or not, I know a European far-right nationalist who supports him (says Trump is "anti-establishment" lol). A lot of Americans say "he speaks for the working man" and other such nonsense.

18. Glowing Eyes

When I was in Germany over a month ago, one of my uncle's said (when asked about the American election) "I know about Trump, Hillary, Sanders, and some Spanish guy (I think he was referring to Rubio)". My other relatives only know about Trump and Clinton (including my relatives in Turkey) and all of them favor Clinton.

19. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep waiting for someone, anyone to stand up and call out the Republicians, and stop putting it all on Trump. Even if your not paying close attention, you know what Trump is and what level of crazy he stands for, but it's not just him, it's all his supporters as well.

I just did a quick Google search, so I'm sure these stats aren't 100% accurate. Out of the 2200+ delegates, over 1500 of them support his polices, so that's over 3/4 of the elite and most powerful Republicians that agree with his views!!! That's scary...
    I have a trust issue with Wikipedia lately, but do a search on trump supporters, there's a wiki list... Wow just wow... These people support his views...

This should be a massive wake up call for a country that claims to stand for freedom and justice.

I can't wait for the final tally at the end of this election and I pray that someone calls it for what this will be, this will expose the dirty underbelly of the USA.

20. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]

Honestly though, it blows my mind how either Clinton or Trump are going to be POTUS. I have a lot of thoughts about both of them, but now it's basically please not Trump.