1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend anxiety

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kristoff980160, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Kristoff980160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy but...
    I wish the company I work for was open during the weekend.
    Because I would voluntarily work during those days.

2. White Knight

?

That is really crazy, yeah.

Problems at home, maybe?

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it because it gets you away from family or because it keeps you busy? Or maybe its easier to be at work because you can be 'professional' only and avoid being yourself?

I used to love working weekends as it got me out of many of my social obligations and allowed me to enjoy my days off (Wednesday and Thursday) without all the pressure. Also, whenever I decided to venture out for the day, there werent crowds of people and kids everywhere.

It is important to have time out from work even if you dont want to though. Over working yourself can take a real physical tole on your body.

Having said that, maybe ask your boss if they have any extra work that you can do at the weekend? And if they do, and you want to get away from home, find an out of town quiet large library to do the work in.
    You could even do some research of your own in the library if your boss doesnt have any work for you... Either to do with something you're interested in or something which relates to your job.

#3 Robert, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  4. Kristoff980160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I would rather work weekends because it gets me out of an empty house and helps keep my mind off all the stress. I don't enjoy weekends or any time off because I have nowhere to go hang out or any friends to see.

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try and make friends online? Like go on dating websites looking for friends etc? I've done that in the past.

Anyway, I'm sorry you are feeling this way xx (*hug*)

6. Nikky DoUrden

I have the perfect solution for u, first ask yourself what u like to do?
    Chess, swimming, sports, painting, hiking....?
    Go to a class of something u like, meet new people who enjoy doing it and are there just for the enjoyment. It can be your weekend thing!
    Another option is GYM, it has been proving that excercise boost many aspect of life, u can devote couple of hours of the weekend going to GYM.
    And no this is no excuse only to see shirtless guys!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: