1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goths and Goth Fashion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iiimee, Jul 27, 2016.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once a goth, always a goth...

In recent years, the fashion has been less important to me. I still wear a lot of black, but being in studio every day, I've started developing more of a homeless artist look. Not very classically goth, that...

But I still love the music, still into the morbid and weird.

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like some 80s goth rock like Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. I like when that guy from depeche mode used to wear bits if black leather bondage for no reason. But any further on than the 80s goth rock look and the gothic gets too intense and less natural and cool. Some people are exceptions but it's not my favourite fashion. In terms of myself. I have a black leather full length coat and i wear black boots all the time but other than that nothing in my fashion could be described as gothic.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    One thing I've been trying to do in particular that isn't gothic is wear more colours for the spring and summer. So I bought a bright pink jacket. But then a wore it over a black bauhaus t-shirt, black jeans and boots, just to be ironic. Goth rock and pink - its like a personal joke with myself.

4. RainbowMage

Some of the most intelligent and deep conversations in my life have been with goths. I used to be part of the community (don't dress goth these days but I'm still a 'goth at heart' if that makes sense) but yeah, I love the community. Most of the people within it I have found tend to be very kind, open minded and fiercely intelligent.

5. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really obsessed with goth fashion even though i'm in the 'punk' category

P.S. I love Rocky Horror Picture Show!!

6. 6qurious9

I do like a lot of goth music and post punk music. Lycia, an ambient, darkwave band is one of my all time favourite bands. I tried dressing it and it doesn't fit me that much or how I feel. I am loving all the other aspects of the goth subculture though. There's way more to it than fashion, which i can relate to.

---------- Post added 14th May 2017 at 12:01 AM ----------

Very true, I can speak from experience of a few goths I've met.