1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Islmists attack French church--slit priest's throat

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Libertino, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Islamists attack French church, slit priest's throat | Reuters

A group of jihadis armed with knives stormed a church in Normandy today, killing an 85-year-old priest, and taking several nuns hostage. They were later shot by police. ISIS took credit for the killing.

Is there no end to the attacks that occur in France? Will France continue to see more and more of this? Is there a real solution?

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scary!!! >.< :tears:

3. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is it that recently, it seems like there's been some form of attack every day?

When will the violence end?

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've got to wonder what kind of mind sits down to think and concludes with "This is a good idea!" over and over. I actually heard of this not long ago and wasn't even surprised.

5. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

To think that these Islamists believe that they will go to some sort of afterlife, in which there is no evidence what so ever of existing, for killing people is laughable and stupid. They are nothing but cowards who pick on defenseless people to attack. Its sad that innocent people have to suffer because of some idiotic ideology.

#5 JackAttack, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  6. White Knight

If they are believing in an afterlife that makes whole thing more stupid. What they are expecting at afterlife, medal of honor for killing innocent people? I don't buy whole they are X religion so they can be killed... In holy book it is stated every believer will be rewarded no matter which religious sect they practice under. That leads to my answer on another thread... those lazy and butt hurt idiots follow some monster's teaching instead of opening and reading where real knowledge lies.

The amount and way of these attacks is concerning. They getting more violent each day. That attack on Istanbul Airport was bold and well planned. This is also bold and scary as hell.

Why France? is a good question. Is France as public or government more easy to crack and drag into whole scale war that can change geopolitical landscape of today's world? Religion is best way to start another world war. War create many opportunities for those who ain't busy with survival.

Also today there is another car bomb attack in Northern Syria costing 44 - 50 lives. That is not the first nor will be last. Is that throw out my "religion" theory? We also had our share of attacks but I write most of them as government funded distractions to be honest...

#6 White Knight, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  7. I'm_Danni_x

*Sigh* Well, this is exactly what their faith requires so I'm not surprised. Anyone who claims otherwise is cherry picking verses or using earlier verses when Islam was 'peaceful' in Mecca when Islam first started.. Glad to call myself a former Muslim. Islam states are the worst, it's absolutely atrocious that ISIS think that by doing this, they will receive blessings in heaven and their 72 virgins. This is exactly what Muhammad their 'prophet' used to do. He held slave girls captive, participated in many battles and killed those who refuse to believe.

These same loonies who are fighting in the name of Allah, had also planned a suicide bomb on the Kabbah (their holy building at the center of Islam's most sacred mosque), not long ago, but were stopped. I actually wonder what caused them to decide that? Fortunately, nobody could have been hurt. On a positive note, if it was bombed though, Allah wouldn't be able to do anything (which is pretty obvious) and plenty Muslims would leave the faith. You would have thought they would have the decency not to consider destroying the building which relates to the fifth requirement of their faith.

#7 I'm_Danni_x, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  8. White Knight

Sorry that I didn't receive that memo I should arm up and start killing people while living in a Muslim country and as a Muslim 41 years. :rolle:

9. I'm_Danni_x

Then that would make you no different from ISIS :grin:

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2016 at 03:11 PM ----------

I know it's devastating, thousands of innocent people are murdered for no fault of their own. It will end when they have successfully converted every single person to Islam. That's their motive.

10. Simple Thoughts

I'm not the world's biggest expert on these matters by a long shot, but I'd say it's 1 part religious extremism 1 part authoritarian groups/governments and 1 part Western intervention in the middle east coupled with a dash of lax border control courtesy of the EU.

As long as the west is kililng their civilians left and right you can hardly be surprised that they're returning the favor. On the same day that big attack in Nice happened the U.S killed about 89 or so of their civilians in a drone strike.

I'd say our bad foreign policy ( particularly in the U.S ) has a good bit to do with it.

11. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These kind of events are so sad. Islam overall isn't a bad religion and most Muslims are good so I don't want to see any Islamopbobia. I agree the U.S. has some part in destabilizating the Middle East which led to groups like ISIS that do these sort of acts. I hope France, Turkey, the Middle East, etc don't suffer anymore.

12. Simple Thoughts

France will see more terror attacks especially with Trump or Hilary in office because neither will help in the Middle East

Turkey is F**ked, Erdogan has siezed absolute power now and has already purged 50,000 or so people from schools and the government. They are not a democracy anymore and Erdogan is supportive of ISIS so they're about to have big problems in the coming years.

The Middle East is in bad shape. War Hawk Hilary wants to create a third power vaccuum there, and Trump wants to intentionally murder the families of ISIS.

There is no hope for any of them right now.

13. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    With our wars & drone strike program going on, civilians will continue to die in big numbers. I don't see Trump or Hillary fixing that.

These massive acts of violence bring me down a bit I can't imagine how the people who live there and/or have loved ones going through it feel.

14. RainDreamer

I just want to add that these attackers are disturbingly young. They are basically barely out of their teen years. It's one thing if these are people with nothing to lose and get radicalised. But these are young people with so much ahead of them, and yet they are doing these horrible things.

15. White Knight

This is what idiots in this country should realize... Even the opposition parties blowing his sails after that coup fiasco.

One night changed this country immensely. Before Turkish Flag was our, secular people's symbol now carried by them. They put it on front and back of their cars and celebrate democracy till morning even after two weeks. This is biggest evidence now we, Children of Ataturk unfortunately became a minority.

This hurts.

:icon_sad:

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really sorry to hear that :icon_sad: (*hug*)

17. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's really quite painful to hear of one of the world's few secular nations falling, and the husk of it's former self becoming a terrorist theocracy. I hope this can be reversed, for the good of everyone. War isn't always necessary and in fact seldom is, I feel this could be cured if only there was a way to have them accept knowledge.

18. Simple Thoughts

The coup was their only hope because Erdogan was rigging elections anyways. Now that it failed there is no hope for them. It'll take a revolution that isn't coming or another government intervening and that's also not gonna happen.

If I was secular and living in Turkey I'd be packing my bags because it's time to GTFO before you die.

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't surprise me. Young people have the zeal, the passion, and the impulsiveness to do things like this. Look at how young Mao's Red Guards were--they were ruthless.

20. AlamoCity

Young people also tend to be the first to feel disenfranchised in a politically and economically uncertain future and more prone to radicalization. Young males also have their brains fail to reach maturity as quickly as females and can be ripe for manipulation.