1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In light of the recent 'epidemic' of terrorism who do you think is to be blamed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Jul 26, 2016.

1. lemons123

I am talking about Europe where there is one terror attack/day it seems recently.

Personally, I know everyone keeps blaming the Arabs, Muslims etc. but I think it's far more complex than that. In my opinion, other cultures such as Russia and the West have far bigger fault. With their inability to integrate minorities, aggressive military invasions in the middle east, supporting dictators like Erdogan from Turkey, these places are getting the fruit of their seed.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, this thread will end well...

Anyhow, I vote evil shape-shifting space lizards.

#2 Browncoat, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, ISIS have claimed all the bombings and I think those are the acts of terrorism you are talking about. That being said, it's kind of hard for people NOT to blame ISIS.

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2016 at 01:42 PM ----------

#LizardPeople2k16

4. eMei

'Inability to integrate minorities' lmao get out of here. You only need to look at the British Indian community to see how we integrate minorities in the UK.

5. lemons123

Yes, "great" integrators. Here's British type of integration in brief...:

- Farage says he doesn't want to have Eastern Europeans as neighbors.
    - The UK leaves EU due to the things Farage says.
    - Frage leaves ukip and runs away in France after leaving the UK in economic recession...

^ I mean seriously the British case isn't even worth discussion.

We better stick to more serious cases, such as France and Germany.

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2016 at 12:01 PM ----------

I am not saying the terrorists are saints lol. They are the ultimate problem. But you know event don't just happen. There is a cause for them.

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are obviously many factors, all of which work together in a complicated system of terrorism-promoting. Yay the world right now!

Sure, you can identify the group that is carrying out the attacks, but then you have to ask: how did that group get so much power? What power vacuum did they come in to fill? Did the West's intervention contribute to their rise? Does the West's treatment of immigrants lead to more people joining groups like ISIS?

All of us are to blame--even Libertino! :wink:

7. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the fighting has already started. I saw this coming from a mile away...

8. lemons123

Well anyways, don't want to argue with you as I don't want to highjack the topic....

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2016 at 12:47 PM ----------

Even the Lemons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! (still think I could've chosen less dumb username btw...).

9. AlamoCity

Not all countries/regions have the ability to absorb freedom. Sometimes, it is necessary to have a strong-armed totalitarian leader to keep bickering groups in "peace," even at the expense of "human rights." The US et al. failed to realize that by toppling governments we would create a power vacuum that would lead the fringe to capitalize on it. As they say, better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Unfortunately, with Islamic terrorism there isn't a choice the West can make that is beneficial to us. We do nothing, they see us a weak and attack more; we retaliate against their regime and they say that was the casus belli. At least we get to live-test our shiny new toys. The only long-term solution I see is to remap the boundaries of much of Muslim lands to have people living in countries with their own denominations/ethnicities; and/or installing totalitarian regimes under our auspices to keep the masses subjugated and in peace.

10. lemons123

I'd rather suggest less Bush-style invasions in Iraq or Iran.

Yet Clinton hand hinted she'd invade Syria if elected - which will be even dumber idea than Iraq 2004.

With all that being said Obama was a great president of the US it seems. Can't think of better living leaders atm.

#10 lemons123, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to blame humanity as a species, along with several faulty states of mind that are widely popular. When the delusional, barbaric or unwise meet positions of power, disasters are sure to follow in time. I can't help but wish I were born a few centuries later when this is hopefully a relic of the past. But knowing history, I do not have high hopes that our species will ever mature.

12. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    George Bush, Dick Cheney, Tony Blair ... the grandparents of ISIS

13. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I disagree. The terrorists don't care about fitting in. They have their own ideas about how people should be and greatly dislike those that do not practice the Muslim religion/lifestyle. They're doing all of this because they think the Europeans are living incorrectly.

14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There are a hellva lot of factors, certainly more than any of us could probably name.

I put a lot of blame on Globalization.

With the opening up (or closing up) of the world through media and the internet, there's push-back. There's people that are afraid of ideas that are 'suddenly' springing up in their homes. People are afraid that they will lose their culture, that their traditions will die, that a 'global community' will replace everything. (Think a cultural version of the Russel Peters's "beige people" joke.) There are people in the world, full of fear, hate, anger, and greed, that prey on other people's fear to make them do bad things "for the right reasons" (in their view).

That applies to pretty much every country and all people.

15. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is there a point to all of these attacks? What are they trying to prove to us?

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

convert or die

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what humanity has come to, I have no faith in us.

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Not at all what it has come to - what it has always been.

Though it should be noted that overall this is the least violent the world has ever been. We simply hear everything immediately now, thanks to the internet.

#18 Browncoat, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  19. White Knight

Thanks for bolded part. I am glad people from outside can see how evil that abomination is. He is like Hitler in making... If my memory serves Mein Kampf is his favorite book as well.

Anyway instead of who you should as what we should blame for terrorism...

1- Money...
    2- Need/greed for Power and Control
    3- Under education
    4- Laziness

Laziness causes people avoid learning things and follow others instead of forming their own believes. That leads to under educated individuals whom easily fall under control of people chasing power and control. Those kind of people usually has charisma and even with things they hear from here and there or even they made up they bewitch those poor sheep. In todays world best means to measure of power and control is money.

Islamic countries have all of them... especially 3 and 4 plenty. In my opinion this is why there is something called Islamic Terror. If you scare your children to use their brain and learn somethings, questions somethings, they of course join cults and other more insidious organizations which lead them to blow themselves up in some "holy" cause and hurt good people, innocent people.

:icon_sad:

20. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Just going to say real quick, the reason that most people voted "leave" wasn't because of immigration, and I'd really appreciate it if everybody stopped pegging all "leave" voters as racists. Yeah, sure, some of them are, but the "leave" voters that I know chose that option because they believed that the EU had too much power over the British government.

Besides, most people here hate Farage. You know that his political party only won one seat in the general election?

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2016 at 03:25 AM ----------

Also if you ask me, terrorism is mostly the fault of extremist nuts - but Western civilisations bombing the living hell out of the Middle East certainly hasn't helped.

If my tone seems kind of light, I apologise. I'm trying not to get too involved in negative things - bad for my mental health.

#20 Gunsmoke, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016