1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of Milo Yiannopoulos...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SillyGoose, Jul 25, 2016.

1. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He's free to think whatever he wants.
    That's the beauty of living in a free society.

2. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think anyone is claiming that he isn't free to do so.

3. YaSabesQuien

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some liberals, not all but some, are so blinded by their views that they don't like the fact that people can say what they want.
    I applaud Mr. Yiannopoulos for sticking to his ideas even if it makes him unpopular with the
    LGBT community. I don't agree with all his ideas but he is certainly a smart man.

4. He's an ass, often support things that are just bandages to gunshot wounds.

However, he shouldn't be banned on Twitter

#freemilo

5. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's a gay uncle Tom. Enough said.

6. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I commented on this awhile ago favoring him, but now that I've seen more of him I take it back. He's like a 13 year old going through an edgelord phase except for that he's 30.

7. I'm_Danni_x

I don't even know who he is, nor do I care to.

8. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like him. I love alternative viewpoints. His style is in your face but I don't mind some people who are like that.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2016 at 02:32 PM ----------

Also I'm outraged Twitter banned him.

9. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Only heard about him today actually.
    My opinion:
    Eh.
    I'm never going to have to 'make contact' with him, so meh.
    He does seem like a bit of an ass tho. But he can do what he wants. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. thepandaboss

Twitter can do whatever they damn well please. They're a private company. He certainly shouldn't be, say, arrested for his views but I'm happy he's off Twitter. Makes it a little more pleasant.

And do you think he's pissed he got kicked off? Hell no. From what I've read, he was fucking thrilled. People pay attention to him when little stunts like this happen. He's the most insencere fuck twat I've ever had the pleasure of knowing about. He thinks it's amazing for his brand. God, I hate him. Hope he chokes on Trump's limp dick.

11. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your hate for him seems unhealthy.

Yes Twitter can do whatever it wants with its platform. However, I disagree with them doing this.

Your right he is thrilled. He wanted to be banned. It makes him a victim.

12. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The online "alt right" are basically a bunch of trolls anyhow; the more you hate them and call them out, the more satisfied and smug they become.

His entire shtick relies on the "shocking" state of being a gay conservative, but it ceased to be interesting.

#52 Libertino, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On some issues I find common ground and I think there is something likeable about him but he really has sold him self out as the alt-right gay katie hopkins. I don't even think his views or quite frankly the views of the alt-right are really apart of conservatism more reactionary nationlism with right wing populism.

14. thepandaboss

Well, considering he's racist/sexist/transphobic and says a lot worse things about minorities and people he doesn't like, I really don't give a shit what he may or may not think about my opinion of him.

15. blightedsight

He's an odious little tool that can't deal with his internalised homophobia.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2016 at 03:55 PM ----------

Don't forget homophobic.
    Just because he's gay, doesn't mean he isn't homophobic. Just look for his 10 O'Clock Live Boy George/David Mitchell debate.

16. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Why is he racist?

17. HotWired

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love him to pieces, which is weird since he's ultra-conservative and Catholic while I'm a liberal atheist. A lot of people say he's all right btw but he isn't, just quite right-wing. I think what ended up with us being allies is that we're both unapologetic in being provocateurs and brash towards the world. He says whatever he wants, and he is terribly brutal facts to back up all of it. When it comes to cultural authoritarians and the Regressive Left, we both think that there is nothing better than just mocking them. However, he does sometimes veer into the realm of bigotry, especially towards trans people, and I certainly disagree with him on that. I think the crux of his fame is that he's just over the top, and anyone who can take a joke about life while still using rationality will probably have a fun time with him.

Also, I kind of love what he's doing in the gay community, though I would normally hate it. If you haven't seen him talk gay marriage on the Rubin Report, you really should. He is almost seeming to bring back Oscar Wilde homosexuality, that taboo, dark, party and fun-filled nature of gay culture that people like Wilde used to indulge in. It was fun and weird, and people used to indulge in that lifestyle because it fulfilled their fantasies. Sometimes having a deep fulfillment being taboo can add a fantastic layer of excitement (take the kink community, for example). Though I think that gay people who prefer normalcy in life should be able to settle down as a family, I think his outlook bring a huge breath of fresh air, one that I didn't even know was sorely missing until I found it

#57 HotWired, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can appreciate him being unrestrained to a degree; but it bothers me that the alternative to the regressive left and "SJWs" is the likes of Milo Yiannopoulos. Surely there is a middle ground. Even I consider myself to be quite blunt and brash (and have been accused of being insensitive in the past) but that doesn't mean I let myself veer into the realm of bigotry.

Is he really a self-identified Catholic, though? That I didn't know. I know he has defended Christians before, but he almost seemed to be mailing it in for the sake of his constituency. Perhaps he knows many Christians might find him disingenuous given his endorsement of a hedonistic promiscuous homosexual lifestyle.

19. HotWired

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, he's a Catholic, due to the fact that in his opinion, the Catholic church hasn't been discriminatory to gays like other Christian churches have, and for some reason, he sees the Catholic church as being on gay people's side. Also, there there is definitely a group of people who are in the moderate are, it's just that he's is the most out there, so he gets the most attention. If you wanted to see the moderates in this argument that make good middle ground, I'd definitely suggest that you check out TheRubinReport and/or Sargon of Akkad, they're pretty great

20. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I second that. Sargon of Akkad is great and there are a bunch of other really good liberal channels out there. I'd personally recommend shoe0nhead, Armoured Skeptic, Vernaculis, Harmful Opinions and DrRandomerCam.