1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of Milo Yiannopoulos...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SillyGoose, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What does everyone think of Milo Yiannopoulos, the British gay trump supporting asshole...

Personally I can't stand the guy and think he is an apsolute idiot but I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say about him...

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I very much dislike him. He's not that good of a journalist, is a reactionary alt-right person, and he should be lucky that he ONLY was permanently banned from Twitter and that Leslie Jones does not file a lawsuit for libel due to his retweeting of pictures of fake tweets from Leslie. I'm glad that the king of the internet trolls finally got what was coming to him.

3. AlamoCity

He might be the one guy I might actually call the gay f-word. I mean, he's a toy for Republicans. He doesn't really have their support, but is an amusement. He's their token gay. And he acts like a complete stereotype. How a guy like him gets past their security is beyond me :lol:.

I will say he probably couldn't hide his "gayness" growing up and probably was bullied a lot and might find some strength in joining a party that makes him feel like he's "powerful." It's hard to explain but I sometimes wonder when certain people join a political party they weren't born into (e.g. Their parents voted that way), especially when they become loudmouths for it.

4. Formality

I think he's an asshole in some regards, however I also agree with him on some things.

5. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I agree with a lot of what he says, but like with everyone, no one's perfect. He had a lot of questionable views, like how he thinks transgender isn't a thing even though gender dysphoria has been proven. And his views on gay marriage, which is a little weird given he's gay himself. He's a unique man to say the least.

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can see where he's coming from on a few issues but most of the time I either can't stand his views/the extremes he goes to with some views or just feel indifferent and really don't care about him.

#6 kibou97, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not like bigotry doesn't exist within the queer community as it is...

Perfect example of pressing the mental "ignore" button.

8. AmyBee

Don't like. My white het male friends are way into him. Enough said.

9. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Out of curiosity, what does their skin colour, sexual orientation and gender have to with them liking Milo Yiannopoulos?

10. Flowey

He's a catholic slut and he mocks other cultures. I like him :icon_bigg

11. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like him buy disagree with almost all the nonsense he spews out. But its ok to have disagreement. Though I'm not sure I know his most ridiculous views. I think he is just challenging free speech by being obtuse. Hes an ahole.

12. thepandaboss

He's an idiot, really. I actually used to be kind of anti-feminist but just having to stomach the idea of being associated with him definitely pushed me very, very far left. So, yeah.

I think he's a sociopath. Nothing out of that man's mouth feels genuine. It's calculated to the specific point where he'll get as much controversy as possible. He's Martin Shkreli without the charm.

This might be relevant: https://medium.com/welcome-to-the-scream-room/im-with-the-banned-8d1b6e0b2932#.if2yh57z2

13. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Glowing Eyes

I've seen a some of what he's said but to me he just comes across as a bit of a troll. I feel like he's trying to be edgy and provocative on purpose to prove how "politically incorrect" he is.

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2016 at 08:51 PM ----------

I also feel like this thread's going to get locked or erased real soon.

#14 Glowing Eyes, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Let's just say this: banana peels. All the banana peels.

16. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I agree.

17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was also wondering this

because I have several white het male friends who hate this guys ass. Funny, almost like every individual forms different opinions despite their skin colour, sexual orientation, and gender (to name a few of the many things we seem to judge others on).

I tend to ignore Milo Yiannopoulos simply because I find trouble and hate radiates from him and who has time for that shit?

18. Jellal

As much as I dislike him, I dislike protesters who scream over him and shout buzzwords more, specifically I'm talking about those videos of him touring campus universities. Everyone else here has pointed out, Milo says a lot of horseshit just to make people mad and get himself attention. But he also made a point which I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue with: if you think what he's saying is bullshit, then let him talk so he can shoot himself in the foot. Screaming over a guest speaker at your university is just proof of your being an entitled little brat with no space for opinions you don't agree with. Watch those videos and you'll be surprised how just by surrounding himself with the pettiest crybabies on planet earth, Milo is able to appear almost rational by comparison.
    If you ask me what I think of him as a person? I think he's a pretty sad and pathetic man, reminds me of Draco Malfoy honestly. But I fully support him ribbing safe-space culture, microaggressions, and other such modern-day sacred cows.

19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is my impression of him as well; he's essentially the ultimate "edgelord".

Then again, I can be a bit of an edgelord too, so I don't know if I can exactly hate him for that. He's a successful provocateur, that's for sure. But when he steps into the realm of being actually racist and willfully ignorant (and someone pointed out, on the trans issue), then I don't care how much of a "provocateur" (in French this word means "troll") he is, I lose respect for him.

20. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Love him. I agree with most things he says and isn't afraid to speak his mind no matter who he may offend.