1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair and masculinity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grounded Eagle, Jul 24, 2016.

1. D Jay Lulu

Out Status:
    Some people
    Who exactly is going to be inspecting your legs? Do you wear shorts?
    I hate body hair, it makes me feel physically sick when hair starts growing on my face, and I can only shave it every 4 days or I get break outs that become septic and infected :frowning2:
    I always shave my armpits, they just gotta be clean and smooth for that speedstick! Legs... Never, the hair gets harder and tougher when you shave the legs, so if you start you have to continue.

2. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with this! :icon_bigg I see nothing bad when a giy prefers to shave his hair on legs, arms etc. but I think that in case of guys it can look a bit strange :icon_bigg Besides as I noticed for many men such hair is a plus, it looks masculine and more natural, also many girls adore this :icon_bigg
    In my case I have rather hairy legs and arms but I don't shave them, I feel cool as it is :icon_bigg The only thing which I always shave is the armprit hair but mostly because of the hygene reasons :rolle:
    Also I shaved my face for quite a long time and stopped this several months ago because I decided to grow a classic beard like on these examples 25 Classy Facial Hair Styles - Achieve the Look You Want :icon_bigg
    My goal is smth like that and I'm glad to see the progress on my face! :rolle:

[​IMG]

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hate my body hair. If I could get it permanently removed in every area other my pubes, I would. It all stems from me being made fun of when I was in 7th grade...I was soooo self conscious of it.

4. D Jay Lulu

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate mine too, especially facial hair. All that shaving tires me out, but when my face is clean and smooth right after shaving I feel overwhelmingly relieved.

5. TheMatthew

I go through phases of shaving mine because I like not having leg hair and then phases of me being too lazy to do it :lol: I'd say that masculinity doesn't really depend on whether or not you have it, many guys shave it.

6. lovetoomuch

Interesting to read what other people think about their body hair. I am hairy from the waist done with very little hair above the waist.

I have always been attracted to guys with body hair, but up until recently, I HATED my own body hair. Recently, I have embraced it more and liked it; I trim armpits and some areas below the waist, but I do not fully shave.

As for you, I think you have to do what you want. Some people will say body hair is gross, others will say body hair is the "sign of a man." You have to do what you want - it is YOUR body. A future boyfriend / partner would be really dumb to not date you just because you shave your body hair.

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like body hair... on me and potential partners, I guess it's just a preference. I usually give myself a trim, but I never shave completely

8. Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe the term is "manscaping." Because "man" and "landscaping."

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate body hair, on anyone. Guys, stop being hairy.

10. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people will be unhappy no matter what decision you make. So, just do what you want to do. If that means shaving your body hair then so be it.

I personally don't have too much body hair, I have some on my legs, a bit on my chest and under my armpits but that's about it. I don't like men that are too hairy, though. It feels like I'm caressing a wooly mammoth.

11. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

The amount of hair on your body doesn't define how much of a man you are. Some people have it, some don't and some shave if they want to.

I have quite a lot of body hair myself and at some point I was very ashamed of it. But as years went by, I just stopped paying attention to what people thought of me.

I shave my armpits, chest hair and beard regularly; my lower zone - when I find it too much. And my legs only in summer but of course, that's only optional.

You should do whatever you feel like doing and stop caring about other people's opinions.
    :slight_smile:

#31 anthonybg, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  12. RainydayTofu

RainydayTofu Guest

In my teens I hated my body hair and shaved everywhere. I finally realised it doesn't bother me too much (I think it bothers society, but that's their problem!) and just leave it and hope it doens't offend (whcih is like impossible nowadays lol). I like body hair on other men so that probably influences my opinion.

There are lots of gay men who hate body hair and think we should all shave, and lots who think the opposite- and both sides get equally nasty about it

Just like race/ethnicity, amount of body hair is somehting we can't help!

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2016 at 03:39 PM ----------

...and women who choose not to shave get loads of abuse, from both men and women. But that's an entirely different debate.

13. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Celebrities, athletes, body builders, normal guys all often shave their body hair. Straight or gay; musclier than the rock or skinnier than a super skinny latte or the next McDonalds disaster; artist or army mechanic. If anyone questions you just point out all the manly celebrities who shave their body hair. There are lots of them.

14. Ryu

Ryu

I'd rather not have body hair, but keep it at the moment due to it being suspicious to my parents and People at school.

15. mangotree

I think as gay men, we have more freedom to do whatever the heck we want without being judged too much by the people who matter to us.
    We can wear outlandish stuff, colour our hair, wear some makeup, shave our body hair, experiment with different looks, and our community for the most part won't think any less of us.
    Interestingly, if your personality and/or mannerisms are masculine and you try on some typically 'feminine' things (like above), they can either accentuate your masculinity or contrast so much that you simply can't pull it off.

I'm quite hairy all over, and I would LOVE to have a naturally smooth body.
    Also, I have friends who have naturally smooth bodies who wish they had body hair.
    The good thing about being hairy is that you have a choice. Naturally smooth guys don't (outside of hair implants I guess).

Over the years, I've shaved every body part at some point - sometimes for swimming, sometimes for comfort, sometimes for looks/feels, sometimes because the guy I was with wanted to see what it was like.
    In the end though, I found that my dislike for shaving/waxing outweighed my want for smoothness, so I stopped for the most part. Occasionally in recent years, the urge has struck me again and have shaved as a once off.

16. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i personally love bldy hair. not on me but on other people. as long as it isnt too long. id say trim it if you wanna

17. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it comes down to personal opinion. i like to have hair on my body and that's perfectly fine with me. others see it as a turn off, well, whoopie fucking doo, that's on them haha. you shouldn't let other people dictate how your body should be because it doesn't belong to them to begin with. i've seen all kind of guys with different shapes and bodies having no hair or hair on them. your choice.

18. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bottom line, do what makes you feel good!

19. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have a lot of stigma about it around here. It gets me pretty pissed off and I almost regretted shaving myseld after reading that, but that's like most people said here, it's your body.

20. x2x2x2x2y2

For me body hair is a turn on but to each their own. If I fall in love with someone who shaves, thats fine too.