1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep coming out wrong.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by britishatheart, Jul 24, 2016.

1. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So last night I was at this party.

Me and these four other girls were sitting around eating pizza and talking about sex (because, you know, why not?), and homosexuality taboos came up. I made some statement like, "I'm sorry, but chicks be hot," and all my friends think I'm bi (because for the longest time, I thought I was, too, and that's how I came out). Except for this one girl. Guess I never came out to her. She looked at me and said, "You got something you want to tell us?"

It was perfect. I could've easily come out as a lesbian right then and there, set the record straight once and for all. But I didn't. I looked her dead in the eye and responded, "Yeah, I'm bisexual."

Except, I'm really not. :bang:

At this point, I don't even know what to do. All my friends think I'm bi, and I'm pretty sure if I even tried to come out as a lesbian, I'd either lose my nerve (like I did last night) or they wouldn't believe me, because I dated this guy for two years and they've heard all my rants about boys, back when I thought I was into guys. Sometimes I'll even tell them I have a crush on some guy just to fit in-- I realize it's lying, and I hate it so much, but I feel like I have to keep up this persona. I don't even know why. I guess I'm just afraid of being the odd one out.

What do I do? :help:

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say leave it at Bi, your halfway out with no problems so far, your young, enjoy it, have fun, be who you are and be happy.
    But wth do I know about teenage girls. Lol

3. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell them what you told us here. You thought you were bi so you came out as bi, but now you realize you are a lesbian and have been scared to fully come out because you were worried about their reaction.

If they are truly your friends, they will understand and accept you. If they don't understand right away, they might just need some time to fully process what you've told them. It's a hard thing to do, but you're getting there! Think about how relieved you will feel after you've done it. You can do it! (*hug*)

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe doing it through writing or text would be harder to mess up? ^^

5. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you for the responses, everyone. And YuriCore, I like the idea of doing it in writing-- that does seem harder to mess up.

Also, for some reason, this thread posted twice, and I have no idea why. That wasn't intentional, and I can't delete the other one, so... yeah. Just ignore it. :eusa_doh:

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck. (*hug*)