1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have got a bad feeling about him: mixed signals.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheRedOne, Jul 24, 2016.

1. TheRedOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone!

So I'm dating this guy for about 2 months now. In the beginning it was all very much fun and he even called me all kinds of nicknames and really seemed to like me. We've seen each other about 5 times and it really feels good. But I can't help but feel that something's wrong.

When we text I don't get the feeling anymore that he likes me. It is just me now who says the sweet things such as that I really like him. He also responds quite late and I feel like I'm keeping an eye on him. That can't be good. It might just be me, but it would be nice for once to get back an acknowledgement when you genuinely say you like someone.

I'm really not sure if all this is happening because he's too busy, or whether I'm going to fast, whether he doesn't like me or has found someone else. I don't want to come across as obsessed to him. I just have this really weird feeling and the worst thing is that he is the one who can take that bad feeling away. Only to leave me with that same bad feeling the next day.

I'm just really not sure if it's me that is the problem here or whether it's him...

Edit: Would it be a bad idea to just stop contacting him? If someone really wants to speak to you or see you he will initiate the contact himself, won't he...

#1 TheRedOne, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would consider taking a small break from contacting him, maybe a couple days or something, and see if he initiates contact. He could be not responding as much because of any of the reasons you listed; it's hard to tell for sure. If he doesn't contact you, I would ask to meet up with him or just talk with him and see how he's feeling about the relationship. Maybe the excitement of it is wearing off for him, and he's getting different feelings...you can't really know unless he tells you.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are having bad feelings about him then perhaps you should follow your instincts and leave him alone.