1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst scent you've ever smelled?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rado84, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I walk by the cemetery in this town sometimes I can smell something that's probably rotting human fumes because one particular grave is in pretty bad shape... I always attempt to walk on the road for those few steps and then get back on the sidewalk.

2. Poroyl

Poroyl Guest

Horseradish.:eusa_sick

3. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OH MY GOD THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME.

I was sitting on the bus next to my friend in BOILING HOT SUMMER WEATHER, and I mean 40 degrees (which is like 110 fahrenheit) and this guy gets on the bus AND HE WAS WEARING A COAT!!!!!! A WINTER COAT!!!! AND A HAT!!!!!!! A WINTER COAT AND A HAT IN 40 DEGREES IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he smelled like a corpse, literally I have never smelled a corpse but I just KNOW that that's what it smells like there is no doubt in my mind! So the guy happened to stand right in front of my friend and I since there were no empty seats left. My friend couldn't take the smell so she got up and stood at the other end of the bus. SO THE MAN SAT DOWN NEXT TO ME. And my friend started HOWLING at the other end of the bus, she was laughing so hard that she fell to the floor and everyone including me were trying to keep a straight face because we can't just be like EWWWW or whatever...................

You cannot imagine.................

4. I forgot about some meat in the fridge once, and it gave off the most horrific scent my nose and gag reflexes couldn't handle.. x.x

5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend's attic. It was full of dead bats and rats, as well as droppings; mould; and other disgusting stuff. It must have been a biohazard. In fact, you could probably have found a new antibiotic amongst all that junk. The smell was just as sickening as you could imagine.

6. DragonOfNarnia

OMGGGG I'M LAUGHING SO HARD AT THIS!!! Poor you! (&&&) He must have smelt like he slept in piss-and-sweat-soaked clothes :eek: I was also trying to be polite but it was so difficult!

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2016 at 11:05 PM ----------

This reminds me of another god-awful smell! It happened about 5 years ago. My brother and I were riding in my grandmother's car to go to her house for a sleepover/for dinner. She forgot to take RAW MEAT (beef and chicken I think) out of the trunk of her car AND the temperature was about 35 degrees in the middle of the afternoon! When we opened the trunk I swear I nearly collapsed from the stench; I bad it was bad enough to send a little kid into coma. :eek:

7. iiimee

The smell of watermelon suckers and a few other watermelon-flavoured candies actually give me full-blown and intense headaches. Idk why, but that's why I avoid them.

8. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The smell that most offends by olfactory receptors would have to be the "wet dog" smell. I've smelled it on big dogs, I've smelled it from the residue of eggs (the smell is apparently bacterial, and dogs as well as eggs can cause it). Just thinking about it makes me feel like gagging...

Interesting. The candy watermelon flavor is one of my favorite artificial flavors :slight_smile:

9. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that's SO weird, lol, I mean it's watermelon they are supposed to be yummy.

When I was 8 years old my mom took me to my cousin's house (thanks god it was an appartment), it seemed that the whole place was infected of cat's poop. I spent the whole day playing with dust outside of that appartment until my mom took me back to my house due to that horrible smell.

I still love cats no matter what :slight_smile: .

10. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The smell of a corpse decomposing. I don't even know how to explain it, it's like a combination of feces and vomit and the worst garbage on the hottest day all combined.

11. Cassiopeia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ew, you guys have smelled some really disgusting things... *shudder*

The worst thing I've ever smelled was... I have no idea how to describe it... not only was the smell horrendous, but the experience as well. But let's see...

I've lived in this city a few years ago and there is this staircase that leads to the subway station and it's about 200 steps long. If you live in that area and want to take the subway, you have to take it. The problem is that apparently some homeless people use it frequently as a toilet and the city has never done anything to stop it. The whole way up it smells like a mixture of rotten eggs, ammonia, and excrements. Like, try to hold your breath for the entire way up, it's IMPOSSIBLE! You just have to pull through and force yourself to keep going while you forget what fresh air smells like and you're surrounded by this stench...

It's kind of hilarious though because I've never seen so many people run up and down a staircase, especially such a long one. But, God, I can still smell it, even after I moved away... I'm a bit traumatized by it. :lol: The only good thing about it was that when you took the subway after the Staircase of Horror you didn't even bat an eye if someone smelly sat down next to you because it just couldn't be worse.

12. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rotten rhubarb!! Our neighbours gave us some rhubarb but I had no time to make anything with it so I put it in the garden waste recycling. I forgot about it, went back a few weeks later after the sun had got to it and was greeted with the worst smell ever. I like rhubarb but I think that has put me off.

13. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do electrical work for various plants around country, and once had to spend a few days at a rendering plant. These are the plants where "mechanically separated" meat products like hotdogs, spam, etc are created by taking the remains of butchered animals and grinding the organs, hooves, bones, etc into gelatinous mixtures. It's disgusting and the entire towns these plants are in smell like death. It's so unbearable that I told my boss that I would refuse any future jobs he handed me at those kind of facilities.

14. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rotten milk.

15. ChameleonSoul

Some background information:
    In my first year of college, I lived in an old Victorian Era home that had been converted into a dorm for about 20 students. I was on the top floor that was pretty much a glorified attic. That, combined with the fact that there was only three other people on the floor, meant that it wasn't really taken care of.

During the month of November, my roommate and I were starting get whiffs of a faint rotting smell. We let the people on the campus know a few times throughout the month and each time the university sent someone, they couldn't find anything wrong. However on the night before I was leaving for Thanksgiving break the smell got really strong to the point that it was unsettling to even be in the room without the windows open and a can of air freshener being sprayed every hour.

I finally managed to get some sleep, but I was readily interrupted in the middle of the night when one of the ceiling tiles cracked and landed on top of me, along with a dead squirrel and a rat eating its remains. The corpse of it was ripped open and was filled with maggots. The whole disturbance woke up half the dorm as the rat ran out of room and into the hallway. Even after my roommate and I disposed of the squirrel, I had blood and pus stains on my comforter that took weeks to come out.

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, number one was an unknown smell inside a room where some old person was dying of cancer. The guy was still 'alive', actually he could even stand up and walk around, but to me it was clear the guy had zero chances to survive.

Second bad smell... Somebody else's vomit. I don't care it's from a cat, a child or an adult. I know I'll end up vomiting as soon as I smell that crap.

Third bad smell, the particular 'scent' of any lady (young or old) who doesn't wash as often as she should down there. I'd rather have around an unhygienic guy anyday... At least I can stand it.

Rotten, decomposing meat or milk (or any other animal byproduct) are also disgusting.

Also some cheap 'perfumes'...

17. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My cat's litterbox.

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg, that sounds terrifying! O.O

19. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There was this one smell I remember that came off a person. I'm not sure if it was breath or body odor, but it was so bad that I remember almost throwing up.

20. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jeez, I would've demanded the university clean it up and replace everything. Strong stomachs you guys had.

#40 Browncoat, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016