1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does being in love feel like?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostInDaydreams, Jul 19, 2016.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all your replies. :slight_smile:

I can relate to some of things in your post, but not all of them, or at least I can't remember it if I did experience it. I'm not sure about the 'home' feeling. My happiest time was whilst I was pregnant, that might have been driven by hormones!

(*hug*)

2. CharacterStudy

Do you know the feeling when you get home after long time away?
    For me real love feels like "I'm home!!"

That for me.

I'm not sure I understand things myself. I know I have thought myself in love, when looking back it is clear I was in love with the idea of being in love, having a relationship. I think 'what were we doing?'

I have tried many versions of friendship + sexual attraction = ?
    But I don't think that alone is love, even if you initially get the butterflies.

As a scientist I am well aware that the initial thrill is lust. And that's does fade, up to a point. But I've been with my husband for about 15 years and whilst I don't put him on a pedestal, I do think he's pretty brilliant. We don't click in the same way I do with others, but I depend on him, we somehow work well together, he's the person whose arms I want to climb into when things go wrong, and I still find him very very sexy.

I am not however very good at putting another person's needs before my own, so that worries me, that I don't love him enough.

3. Jackie13

This is the best definition I've ever read about what love feels like. This is me and my crush on my straight best friend too! It's so intense for me I've been backing away lately because I don't want to ruin an amazing friendship....And that just makes it worse because I miss her so much! :help: I'm just hoping this fades in time.