1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News One-Third of Transgender People Avoided Food or Water Due to Restroom Discrimination

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by JB2015, Jul 18, 2016.

1. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Re: One-Third of Transgender People Avoided Food or Water Due to Restroom Discriminat

I know right same with people caring so much about Caitlyn like she's the first trans person. Outside of OITNB I didn't see that much coverage from Laverne Cox who actually seems like she cares for the trans community and not just herself.

Bet that person was steaming because they knew you were right. Trans people didn't land on this planet in recent years. I bet you could trace the existence of trans people to hundreds of years ago. Like what bathroom did people think they were using? And what about the health of trans people who have a higher rate than anybody to be assaulted in the restroom or forced to take sex jobs because of job discrimination?

Public restrooms are what we should be bashing they're grossville.

#21 purplewolf6, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: One-Third of Transgender People Avoided Food or Water Due to Restroom Discriminat

Or maybe the slobs who make the bathrooms so gross. I'm like people...how hard is it to crap IN the toilet and pick up trash off the floor? And honestly I don't get why some people are so teed off by other human beings using a bathroom. We just want to get out damn business done like everyone else. I'm at the point where I don't even care which bathroom I use, because I just go in, use it, and go back to whatever I was doing. So gendered bathrooms arguably shouldn't even need to be a thing.

#22 ErickWolf, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I knew that the number would be pretty high but one in three? Oh my goodness... I can't begin to know as a cis queer man what my trans brothers, sisters and siblings go through on a daily basis. We need to put trans rights at the forefront of our movement because they are the ones who are hurting the most.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

And yet, somehow the cis straight male religious men are being soooo thoroughly persecuted apparently. If they would just look a little further than their own bodies the numbers quite frankly state otherwise.

I don't know. It really bothers me that the "land of the free" spends more time pandering to false persecution while ignoring the real thing.

5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

(Air Hi-five)

I know right it such an outdated concept. There are some unisex bathrooms in some countries and I've heard nothing really happens just the usual crap. It really is an outdated concept but we grow up so used to it. If someone of the opposite sex uses the "wrong" bathroom it isn't the end of the world.

Ugh, don't get me started. Too late. And how hard is it to flush the toilet? Do you need to teepee the toilet? It's suppose to get flushed not used for decoration. And wash your hands!

6. Southern Stoic

Lurking on the dark underbelly of the web

Oh jeeze, definitely been there. I avoid drinking anything for like an hour before leaving the house so I won't have to use the public restrooms.

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Believe it or not, there have been trans people longer than there have been public bathrooms.

Crazy, right? It's almost as if for as long as gender has been a concept, there have been people out there that blur the lines and cross those boundaries. :grin:

Seriously though, it's so sad that a non-issue like trans people in public bathrooms has become such a controversial topic. Everyone that is so strongly against it has peed next to a trans person, and they've all survived. Why can't they be the ones holding it for a day for once?? :dry:

8. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

Yes and yes! People only care because it became a "hot topic" for no good reason. Like you've stated, trans people have been around for centuries. Not like they just landed on Earth. They have it rough enough. If someone tells me they're trans I'll treat them with respect like everyone else.

If I'm obsessing over what genitals they may have or not that's my problem which I don't. Many people do which is violating. I'd feel harassed if some stranger randomly asked me about my genitals so why is it acceptable to do it towards trans people? They're still people and should be treated as such.

Outside of sewer smells and bad etiquette usually, what really goes on in a bathroom anyways? Ending job discrimination, homelessness, & limiting being forced into prostitution are far bigger issues for trans people but no lets give them hell for using a bathroom:eusa_doh:.

Gender is far more gray than made out to be. Even outside of being trans, someone born with the XY chromosomes can still be female and one with XX could still be male. Very few people even know that I'd love to read up more on that.

9. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

This happens to me, sometimes. I mean I do eat and drink water but never too much because I can't go to schools bathrooms, even if I haven't transitioned I look completely like a boy, even with girl's uniform. Girls give me a weird look or yell at me. I can't tell them I'm not a man because I can't lie about myself.
    It wasn't so hard to measure times between going to the bathroom because I already did. Tho it's really hard when I forget to go to the bathroom at home, I have to abstain for 4 hours... Eek