1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi but strong preference for women right now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mariana, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm bi and single so I guess it shouldn't really matter to me what gender someone I would date would have. But here's the deal: at the moment, I would much rather date a woman than a man. Maybe it's because I dated a woman for a bit and really, really liked her (not over her yet) so maybe because I still like her a lot, I'm generalising?

The thought of dating a woman is just more appealing to me right now than the thought of dating a man. I still get attracted to men, I just don't want to be with a man right now.

I don't know, it just seems weird. Any other bisexuals or pansexuals out there who experience periods of preference for one gender?

2. hotblue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My brother came out as bisexual just a few months ago to me and he was talking about how he liked men and women, but had a preference for women. There's a spectrum, I assume you know, and sexuality changes in subtle ways for a lot of people.

But you are absolutely not alone, I know a ton of people who like both genders (or don't care at all) who'd just rather be dating a specific gender. :grin: good luck!

3. GingerBiscuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally go through periods, all be it I more often have periods where I would rather be with a man. But I think it's a regular thing to have changes in your preference, since love is a spectrum rather than stages!

Seems weird, but to me at least it isn't!

4. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's totally normal! I exclusively liked guys for about 3 years and then for the past 2 years I've solely been attracted to girls. There can also be different types of attraction - for example, I'm mostly sexually attracted to girls but most of my romantic feelings have been towards guys. There are different degrees of bisexuality, and even if that can be a bit confusing and weird, it's completely fine. Just do whatever (or whoever hehe) feels right for you. :slight_smile: