1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of having sex with another girl?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LegendaryZelda, Jul 15, 2016.

1. LegendaryZelda

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Trusting you all with this information.
    I've been questioning my sexuality a lot for a long time now.
    A lot of times, I go through all of the basic questions. And then I get nervous.

Would I date a girl? Yes.

Would I kiss a girl? Probably.

Would I have sex with a girl?
    This is where it gets tricky. I didn't think about it much until a few years ago (because it bothered me so much) but as a kid I was frequently touched very inappropriately by a trusted female relative. Nothing as major as it could have been/has been for some, but it left a major impact. She made it seem completely normal, and I didn't register it as a "bad touch" because the context seemed fine.

Now, when I try to think of what sex with another girl would be like, I immediately think of that and get extremely upset.

So is it normal? Is there a way to get over this? Or am I stuck living with this fear? I honestly feel like I might consider myself bi or pansexual if it weren't for this fear.:icon_sad:

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually there is a way to get over it, and you took the first step; that was asking the question.

I would recommend finding a therapist and talking to them. They are trained to help people over come lots of problems. I have been getting help with anger management and now being bisexual. I wished I had gone to get help sooner as I am a lot happier now than I was five months ago. Look for one that has a specialty or lists sexuality as something they focus in or have additional training in.

3. LegendaryZelda

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much. I'm going to look into what you've suggested. I'm really glad you replied and took me seriously. Thanks again.

4. LokiLoki

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in a very similar situation about 11 years ago. I had always been "straight" but I knew I was attracted to the same sex since I was 9 years old. I spent months researching and stressing about this ... Am I straight? Maybe not? Will I get grossed out having sex with a guy?

I finally ended hooking up with this guy and I realized I was worrying about nothing. I made it clear this was my first time and he was very nice ... Lost my virginity for the second time :lol:

Anyhow, my point is not to stress out and let things happen on your own terms. You'll explore when the time is right and just listen to yourself and let things happen naturally.

The most important thing is not to get pressured into something you don't want to do.

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2016 at 11:56 PM ----------

One more tidbit: I didn't need a therapist to figure things out, but they can be very helpful in cases like this. "Shorthaul" is correct.

5. LegendaryZelda

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks, LokiLoki. What you said sort of clicked for me. There's a girl I'm friends(?) with that I think would understand this if I told her. We have kind of flirted, I guess, for a while now, and we're pretty close.
    I think when the time is right, I'll talk to her about this.
    Thank you so much, I feel a lot better just having read your comment. :icon_bigg