1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

closest you have been to being "exposed" as LGBTQ+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dobby, Jul 14, 2016.

1. guitar

When I was 13 my grade 8 teacher did a lecture about how it's "okay to be gay" and that likely 3-4 kids in the class were likely gay or lesbian and that's just how God made us. Very progressive for the year 2000 or so.

Anyway, after the talk on our way out to recess, my "girlfriend" at the time came up to me and said "I saw your face during the gay talk. You're gay aren't you? No one else had their look on their face and you looked like you were hiding something.' I hadn't even entertained the thought I might be gay and that prospect scared the crap out of me and I outright denied her assumptions. Amazing what people can see in you before you can see it in yourself....

2. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That does sound progressive, especially for what sounds like a Christian school.

Also, it IS pretty interesting what people can see in you, even if you don't see it yourself.

3. rado84

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm genuinely surprised a believer would say that it's ok to be different and that god made us this way! They usually say that god should slay us all.

4. L0ser

Well, the only friend I've told is also bisexual and at a concert she might've accidentally told about four people my sexuality. I forgot how we got to conversation, but she was talking about wanting to kiss some girl in the crowd during part of the show, and one of our friends asked if she was bisexual.

She said she was, and then the person said jokingly "I can't believe I know a bisexual."

Then my friend said, "Actually you know two!" She laughed, and looked at me but didn't say anything else. No one said anything about it after that, but I got some looks. I'm still not sure if they know.

5. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At school aged 12 I blushed when a teacher I fancied spoke to me in the corridor at school. My best friend asked me afterwards why do you always go red when miss x speaks to you? There was a confused look on her face. I couldn't speak and blushed even more.

6. Harve

I came out to 3-4 friends and then I let gossip do the work.

To put it into perspective, this was when I was ~14-15. I grew up in a village of 150 people where being gay was very much big news - in all fairness, everything can be big news in close-knit communities; it wasn't necessarily homophobia. My high school was in a small rural town and had 300 pupils who all knew *of* each other; most of them wouldn't know any LGBT people. My brother and sister found out from random kids who I'd never spoken to before rather than through me.

My Mum was the nurse at the school, so I kinda had to tell her before someone else did. I'm 90% sure now that my Dad and rest of my family knew from gossip too, but to make sure I accidentally told him through a very drunken phone call a week after I moved away. :grin: Smooth.

#26 Harve, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  7. CoderK

Well, basically everyone in my school thought I was gay because I have female friends and hot male friends, so yeah...

Technically I didn't have to lie, but close call nonetheless.

:lol: