1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend likes me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by n3ko, Jul 11, 2016.

1. n3ko

recently I found myself in confusing and hurtful situation regarding someone I was somewhat involved with and a friend offered to be there to support me and help me deal with my emotions. she was initially supportive but she then confessed her feelings for me and I don't know how to deal with it.
    I am in such a weird place mentally and I am awful at dealing with this stuff in my best moments, I feel my mind is vulnerable and I'm unable to see this situation logically, hence I am writing this. I don't want to hurt her, but I see her only as a friend. I told her so, in a respectful way, but now she thinks I am avoiding her. I am not.
    I just don't feel social right now, I am still selfishly dealing with my own situation. we don't speak a lot anyway, so I haven't behaved in any different way. but now she probably feels insecure and needs reassurance and honestly I cannot give it, idk what to say. I am autistic and as such I am not the best person at handling/interpreting social situations. :/

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honesty is the best policy. Tell her that you don't feel social right now and you just need some space. If she knows you're autistic, then she should understand. Also consider going to another friend/family who can give you support without the conflict of having a crush on you.

3. n3ko

thankyou! I did just as you said and situation is alot better.