1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythology Roleplay

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by larkcarmen, Jul 10, 2016.

1. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Akna winced at the heavy pats in her head but stayed quiet and listened.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2016 at 10:09 PM ----------

*on

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (I agree, first, we have to work out how to get there. Whether your characters are dead or not is entirely up to you :slight_smile: )

Medusa frowned. "Its gonna be difficult without Winnie and her sisters. They were strong enough to open a portal, but with them in hell, that's not really useful to us."

"Portal stone?" Stheno's optimism was admirable, Mimi thought, but misplaced.
    "No such thing. You're supposed to get out of Purgatory, not into it."

Eury turned to the corner of the room. "Ambriel?"
    Mimi's eyes widened. "Ah! Yes, nice one, Eury!"
    There was a flash of blinding light, and a figure appeared, sitting with their boots up on the table. The sound of wings being opened filled the room as their tawny coloured wings sprang open with a flourish.

The angel wore leather armour, and had a kind face. Had she not known better, Medusa would have thought she looked no different than usual, but she did know better. The angel's eyes were sullen, as though she had not slept in a long time, there were deep scratches sticking out from under the sleeves and collar of her armour, her wings were thinner than usual, and her usual calm demeanour was a façade, a caricature of her usual self.
    Something was wrong, and she was stupid to think Medusa wouldn't notice.

"You rang?" Ambriel smirked, taking her feet off the table and walking towards the bar.

Medusa nodded, trying not to make it too obvious she had noticed the subtle differences in her appearance. "Long story short, we need to get to Purgatory."

She looked at her like she was crazy, and, she supposed, she was. "Purgatory? Why in God's name do you want to go there?"

"We want to amplify the power of a force field stone in order to protect heaven and hell from one another."
    "And why would I want to help you with that?"
    "We'll do the same for Earth. Your sister will be safe."
    Ambriel scoffed . "Come on, Mimi, don't play dumb, it doesn't suit you."

#382 ForNarnia, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. Au.Quicksilver

Samael winked at Cato, knowing that it would cause Auryon some interesting times later if he didn't dart off. He could easily sense the other male's reaction. Auryon's sense of smell alone was good enough for that.
    [By the way, Cato would have to be attracted at least to Auryon as well for any romance. Sam's not going to hang around after some fun times with Luci.]

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She lifted the Gorgon off the ground by her throat. Mimi grinned widely. "They've taken her. Don't be so fucking stupid!" She blinked, remembering where she was, and released her grip. Mimi landed neatly beside her and leaned on the bar.
    "And I don't know where she is or what they're doing, or if she's even alive-" The angel slumped into a seat, her head in her hands.

Eury looked concerned. "I haven't ever seen her like this before."
    Stheno sat next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder and speaking gently. "We'll find her, Ambriel."
    Ambriel wiped her eyes and straightened up, shaking her head. "There are bigger things happening right now. If I can help, I will. I've searched for Abigail for weeks now. I've looked in every place I could think of, found every enemy of mine, or of angels in general and not a single one of them had her. This might be good for me."
    She shook her head one last time, and snapped out of it. Suddenly, her laid back, happy personality had returned. It was slightly unnerving, Medusa thought, how quickly she was able to do that.

----------------------------------------------- (Actual important part)

"So, force field stones?"
    Medusa nodded. "Can you get us to Purgatory?"
    Ambriel sounded unsure. "I can try. We'll need to open a portal."
    "And what do we need to open that portal?" asked Euryale.

"A witch," the shadowy figure in the back raised her hand and nodded.
    "The blood of a god, and of a demon,
    The feather of an angel,
    Snake venom, newts tails, "

Medusa frowned in disbelief.

"Hey, it's an old spell. Do you want my help or not?"
    She sighed, and resumed the list.
    "Scale of dragon, hair of fairy,
    Tooth of werewolf, and blood of elf."

"And how long does that portal stay open?"
    "How long do you need it open, Mimi?"
    "Long enough to get in and out, that's all."
    Ambriel nodded. "Eight hours enough for you?"

5. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair straightened slightly when the angel appeared on the table. She seemed pretty self-assured, but the shadows under her eyes seemed to let on to something haunting her. Truthfully, Blair wasn't sure if they should've been amused or not for not recognizing her. It's been centuries. Angels change.

"How much blood do you need?" Blair quipped, holding the unconsious demon up by the collar. They sighed softly, still trapped in Blair's weapon. "A pint? More? I'll try to leave as much as you need for the spell." They grinned devilishly, dropping the demon to the floor once more.

6. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ambriel didn't seem fazed by the assortment of creatures that filled the bar. Not even the elf was a surprise. "Just a vial." she answered, holding up a tiny crystalline capsule, and tossing it to them.

She paused for a moment. "Do I know you?"

7. Nobo

(So blood of a god or will demigod work because I see that being interesting)

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2016 at 07:16 AM ----------

Cato blushes more noticbly this time seeing him wink

8. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair grabbed the vial easily, examining it closely under the flashing lights of the tavern. "Such a tiny amount? It makes the ingredients easier to collect, I guess," they shrugged. It wouldn't be too difficult to collect the blood, really, with such a tiny amount needed. They supposed even the dried blood on themselves would do the trick, if not for it being, well, dried and crusty.

"Do I know you?"

They quirked an eyebrow at the angel, a smirk tugging at their lips. A glance in Nico's direction confirmed that he'd shifted slightly in his seat, eyes full of well hidden interest. "Were you in purgatory, well...a couple centuries ago? Maybe...eleven centuries or so? Must be getting on in years; I don't seem to be able to remember much!" They chuckled dryly. Remembering the past wasn't their favorite pastime. They tended to stay away from it, actually.

#388 LogicNoSense, Oct 15, 2016
  9. Au.Quicksilver

Samael smiled to himself in a satisfied manner, turning his gaze back to Lucifer.

10. Nobo

Cato looks over at the tavern wondering what's going on inside

11. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ambriel shrugged. "Probably. I move around a lot between times, places, you know the like. I'm a guardian angel first and foremost, so I'm usually on Earth, but I do remember spending time in Purgatory. Perhaps that's why you seem familiar to me. Jog my memory, would you?"

(And yes, demigod blood would work.)

12. Nobo

(I waiting for one of you to peak out the door and say that they need Catos blood)

#392 Nobo, Oct 15, 2016
  13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stheno seemed to have finally calmed down from her laughing fit. "God, demigod... Difference?"
    Eury shook her head, pointedly looking out of the window. "Same blood."
    Stheno turned to look out of the window, bursting into laughter again. "He was just..." she wheezed, "standing there..." she tried her best to stop laughing. She took a deep breath and headed out, having regained her composure.

14. Nobo

Cato looks over at stheno boerdly

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She stifled a laugh. "Do you, um, do you wanna come inside maybe?"
    "You might actually be useful."
    Stheno jumped, slapping the old man on the shoulder. "God dammit, Allistair! I told you not to do that!"

16. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Spoiler contains extreme blood and gore that isn't that important to plot. ForNarnia, you can either take the spoiler as Blair trying to jog Ambriel's memory, or the mention of 'dark souls'. As long as you have the stomach to read the spoiler.

Warning: spoiler contains HUGE amounts of gore. You have been warned. Proceed at your own risk.

"Personally, I don't think I remember you," Blair observed the angel closely. "It's been some time, as I said, and I didn't take note of the angels. What name did I go by, again...?" They knelt down next to the demon, producing a small blade. They held it up to the lights, shrugged, and punched the demon square in the chest. They awoke with a loud gasp, eyes filled with defiance as they stared down at Blair. The demon struggled in their binds, attempting to get free, but Blair simply watched them hungrily, like a cat hunting its prey. A blink, and the look disappeared.

(Warning: violence/ gore)

"I can't remember, but I was a hunter, before I died. Painfully." A wince, as they remembered the knife piercing through their limbs, one by one, before being hoisted up. How their body sagged, the blades of the knives cutting into their skin, the chant of prayers barely there, over the cackling of the fire. The smell of smoke, the look of intense hunger in their eyes, searching theirs for a hint of fear. The smoke clogged their breath, stung the eyes, but their body was whipped each time they passed out from the smoke. It was a slow, drawned out death, and the fire licking at their torso was a sorely welcome sensation.

"I was a dark soul in purgatory. I stayed for a couple of years before being sent to Hell." They attracted a lot of attention, being a dark soul. Instead of becoming more solid, they became more gasous. Flickering a grey-black, like smoke. The refrence made them shiver slightly. There were few dark souls in purgatory- dark souls were destined for Hell, to become demons. It was probably why Blair had such a human-like face. Was it similar to how they looked like before? They often wondered, cursing this face. Everywhere- earth, purgatory and Hell- they were shunned for never being one of them. A hunter, a dark soul, and now, a human-like demon. They really were cursed.

What they said really was true.

Blair held the knife up to the demon's mouth, paused, and shoved the handle of the weapon into the mouth. Blair stood, and kicked the demon over onto their stomach. A thrust to their ankle, and the tendon was severed. Blood pooled around their feet. Blair going to tear this demon into bits. It was good that they didn't need this demon for anymore information- Blair wanted to tear out their tongue, but they would choke to death on their blood instead...

Instead, Blair focused on severing the tendons one by one, working from the bottom up. The tendons in their body were quickly severed. The demon stared down at their useless limbs, tears gathering at the side of their eyes as they wimpered in pain. Blair knelt down, forced their mouth open, and threw the handle to the side. The knife traced the outline of their lips before slowly inching their way into them, the demon spluttering weakly at the sight of the knife right under their nose.

"Damn it," Blair sighed as the demon pushed back, the knife releasing itself and bringing along about a quarter of their lips with it. It flopped onto the floor, a small distance away from their feet. "If you didn't move I would've gotten thi- ah." The demon fell flat on the floor, blood leaking out from the cut off lip. It was impossible to tell where the lip ended now- it was a huge, bloody mess. A quick glance around the tavern, and Blair shrugged slightly. "Not dead yet. I'll bring it out though." Scooping up the lip from the floor and tossing it into the demon's mouth, Blair picked them up by the collar and dragged them out once more, throwing them onto a pile of bodies at the side.

Sltheno walked out shortly after them, and they watched for a moment before walking back into the bar, shrugging once more at bar as a whole.

Turning back to the angel, they shot her a rueful smile. "Did that help?"

#396 LogicNoSense, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  17. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ambriel looked mournful. "I'm glad I don't remember you. And I'm glad you ended up in hell."
    She walked slowly towards the pile of bodies and shook her head. She closed her eyes and raised her hand, and the bodies melted into a puddle of light, which burst into ashes and faded away. Blood still stained the courtyard, but hey, she wasn't on janitorial duty.

She walked back inside. "Is it wrong of me to say that?"
    Medusa didn't even bother to look towards them. "Angel of clear communication. She can only say what she means. I'd say 'don't take it personally', but I'd be lying."

Ambriel spoke flatly, her jovial attitude gone. Her face was expressionless, and she was clearly trying to mask the disappointment in her eyes. "Is this the company you keep now, Medusa?"
    "I've known them for less than an hour. Since they arrived, I've had a dragon crash through my roof, an elf in my bar, a demon prince show up in my square, and, oh yeah, the entire universe is collapsing! Do not speak to me as though you had any right. I have several centuries on you, Ambriel. Do not think I have grown blind in my old age."
    Ambriel nodded. "You know I love you really."
    "And so you should." Mimi winked.

Reg returned to his usual form, having turned himself into a large crow while Blair was... 'playing', using his wings to shield the patrons from the sight. It seemed everyone in the bar looked towards Medusa for a moment. She nodded at them subtly.
    -------------------------

"So, we need to get to Purgatory, and your blood is one of the things we need." Her eyes widened "Oh, no, no, no, wait, I didn't mean - We only need a tiny little vial of it, we aren't gonna drain you like a vampire or whatever. It's just that we - we're kind of trying to save the world." She rubbed her hands together, and added, more quietly, "Also, you kind of owe me for the hand."

#397 ForNarnia, Oct 16, 2016
  18. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Welp, I have a lot to catch up on. Sorry to hear about the large text thing Sergeant! I probably didn't help with summarizing everything in a gigantic block of text /)_(\ sorry about that! Can you tell me how to work around it? I'll do my best to make it so you can read.)

(Feel better Ambivalence!!)

(For anyone who's forgotten, Ghost is currently communicating with a hologram of Lucy, and Lucy just revealed that someone named Lilith was killed.)

Ghost staggered. "No. No way. That's impossible. Lilith... she can't be..."

Lucy asked, "Would I lie to you about that?"

Given that she was Lucifer, lies and half-truths were common. But when it came to something like this? "No. Oh, sh**. I'm so sorry, Lucy." Dammit, Lilith, you were supposed to take care of her when I left.

If Lilith really was dead, Lucy was in danger. If someone could kill Lilith... they could kill Lucy, and if more of the princes started disappearing, hell could cave in on itself.

"Where are you right now?" Ghost asked.

Lucy looked up from the ground in confusion. "The palace. Why?"

"I'm coming down there as soon as possible. I'm not leaving you alone there with this sh** going on. Someone needs to help you clean up that mess." Besides, if the world is going to end... you're the one I want to be with.

Ghost thought back to the gorgons. They should be enacting their plan to get the stones from purgatory. But if hell collapses in on itself before that happens...

She's going to need someone help her navigate hell. Would Blair and Nico be able to help her? Ghost wasn't sure if they were going to go to purgatory with the gorgons. What if the gorgons needed her help–

The hairs on the back of her neck stood up.

"Sorry to interrupt, but are you by chance Fer, or Lucifer?"

Within an instant, Lucy straightened her posture and became stone-faced. The vulnerable girl who missed her girlfriend was gone. In her place stood a formidable queen...Lucifer. "I don't recall giving anyone permission to call me by that name."

#398 GhostStories88, Oct 16, 2016
  19. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (It helps to break up what you're saying and to not say so much at once otherwise I can't read it. Type however you want, though, my limits aren't yours.)

20. Nobo

"What'd you mean?"

#400 Nobo, Oct 16, 2016