1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythology Roleplay

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by larkcarmen, Jul 10, 2016.

1. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Honestly...what does Beleth not dodging have to do with waiting for others to join the fight.)

2. Nobo

(nothing and you're the one controling beleth it's your choice that he wasn't dodging)

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2016 at 07:10 PM ----------

(also arrows fly quite fast it's nearly impossible to catch them Cato can only do it because his mom is the goddes of archery thing)

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Nobo...the way you wrote that Cato's arrows hit Beleth each time is YOUR action, not mine. Seriously, it's nearly impossible for someone to NOT dodge an oncoming arrow. Beleth is facing Cato head on- why would he not dodge?

And Beleth didn't catch any arrows, I'm just saying that it's nearly impossible for Cato to land so many arrows on Beleth. To put it bluntly, Cato is nothing in Beleth's eyes and he will NOT get injured because he has much more experiece in warfare compared to Cato.)

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Within the tavern, a 'heated debate' was ensuing between patrons and gorgons alike.
    "Why not just stay here? We're protected!"
    Winston nodded. "When the fire and brimstone falls, when hell freezes over-"
    "or crashes into heaven"
    "-this tavern still stands!"
    Murmurings of agreement were heard all through the room.

"But the world outside does not." Medusa rubbed a hand over her face. "What we need to do is find something or someone who can put everything back where it belongs."
    "Separating hell and heaven will not be easy, sis." Stheno jumped up and sat on the bar.
    Eury shook her head. "It will be more than just 'not easy', it will be impossible." She thought for a moment. "What if we could find a way to keep heaven, hell, and everywhere else separate without stopping the collapse?"
    "Like how?"
    "Do you remember Purgatory? There were a lot of people there, but you couldn't get to any of them."
    Medusa nodded. "It was like some kind of a force field or something, and you just couldn't get through, no matter what you did."
    "And then, we realised there were these stones, holding up the force field, right?" Stheno asked.
    Eury nodded. "Now, if we can get to Purgatory, get one of these stones, and take it... somewhere to get it's power amplified, we can put a shield around heaven that will protect it from anything coming out of hell."
    "And what about Earth?"
    "What about it? If they die, they'll just end up up here with us anyway." She sighed. "Fine, we'll need to do the same for Earth. Purgatory can look after itself."

5. Nobo

well I am stopping with the arrow in the airless so you canwrite if he dodges

6. Nobo

(dodging arrows is very hard too especially being injured as beleth is if you google doging arrows 90% of the results include "horribly wrong")

7. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Nobo, Beleth healed himself after the first arrow using a few of his troops' souls. In fact, he's dodging arrows at a near point-blank range, and he's skilled in fighting. I really doubt he wouldn't be able to dodge a few, even if he was injured. Anyways, continuing from before.)

Beleth glanced down at yet another arrow embedded in his chest and sighed. His breath came out a little raspy- no doubt, since it was an arrow in the chest, after all. Before he could grab another demon for their soul, he burst out in flames. They were almost lukewarm, tickling at his exposed skin gently. What demon would he be if he couldn't stand a bit of flames? He patted out the flames, ash falling onto his horse's back.

Satan, this kid was irksome. Like a lowly goblin crawling at his feet for forgiveness. Really, was he even worth the time? Beleth had many other things to do first, and playing with this kid was not planned. Maybe he'd drop by Slthno's bar though. Rumors had surfaced in Hell that the sisters had opened up a bar in heaven and that it was actually worth checking out, if you came to heaven in the first place.

8. Nobo

fuck why did I do thisssss Cato was hiding behind the tree his arrows having no effect on Blair

9. (Okay, let's see what I can salvage from this situation. First, I would like to say, welcome to the RP and to EC in general, ForLove! It look forward to interacting with your character, though it should be interesting to see how a dragon who can turn into inanimate objects communicates. Haha. Nobo, I think it will require more than single arrows to take down Beleth, one of the higher demons, even arrows that are somehow able to detonate after three seconds. I won't focus on that, but while we haven't explicitly gone over how technologically advanced the people of this universe are, I would assume that the mere fact that most of us are using swords and daggers suggests that the answer is not very much. Now, moving on the ForNarnia's remark, while the arrow that she has may or may not be tipped with a gorgon-killing substance, it is true that you said the Seraphim guards were shooting "whatever kills gorgons" arrows at the demons. You also just mixed up Blair and Beleth again.)

#289 Ambivalence0219, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  10. Nobo

(magic and gunpowder)

11. (Well if you want to be precise, Nobo, here is an earlier post you made about the exploding arrows: "Cato shpt another arrow and it stuck halfway into beleths chest in 3 seconds it would explode and the arrow was making a almost inaudible mechanical ticking sound." Now, I'm not sure what kind of gunpowder you're using, but I'm pretty sure gunpowder does not generally make "mechanical ticking sounds," nor magic for that matter.)

(You mentioned this a while ago, Logic, but I also find it pretty amusing that almost all of the characters have some sort of personal connection to Beleth, or have at least met him at some point. He must be quite the social butterfly. Haha. Nico, of course, only acknowledged the presence of the trumpets, and has shown no indication of knowing Beleth beyond what you told him of the demon, though. Perhaps you, or someone else can introduce me to him. He seems like excellent company. XD)

It was incredibly difficult, Nico found, to gather intelligence from burnt corpses. He supposed he should be somewhat grateful on behalf of the patrons of the tavern that they would no longer have to deal with the Seraphim guards, although legions of demons led by Beleth himself, a demon king known only to most through rumors and legends, were not an appealing alternative. The snippets of conversation he'd overheard before the wings met their untimely ends provided little in the way of constructive information. Realizing that the only revelation he would get from standing next to the ravaged bodies of the guards would be that time was precious indeed, Nico began walking back to the tavernn He couldn't help feeling almost as ineffectual as Cato's arrows, having nothing to offer the desperate patrons on his return. Was that shame that he felt flickering inside him, wrapping itself around him like his own illusion magic, smothering him in its embrace?

There is nothing to be ashamed of. I've done all that I could. I've experienced worse failures than this, so much worse, ones that I was actually responsible for, and came back from all of them. Why should this be any different?

But it was entirely different this time, and he knew it. Knew that he had never known anyone worth caring about, worth worrying about. Knew that for all that he had done in the past to get to this point, he had never once considered how his actions affected others, others who had depended on him. Knew that for all the times he had failed himself, he had never been in a position to fail someone else.

These thoughts were interrupted by the sight of Blair running down what Nico knew to be a dead-end alley, a host of lesser demons trailing behind him, their thirst to kill invading his nostrils like the smoke of nearby fires. It was in that moment that Nico felt a tug towards Blair, not from the life debt that he owed them, but from something else, something that seemed to pull upon his very soul, forcing his leaden legs into movement. Perhaps Blair would be able to handle all those demons with ease; they might even find the challenge enjoyable, knowing them, but that knowledge did not stop Nico from unsheathing his obsidian dagger and joining the demons in the narrow alley. Their attention riveted on the imposing warrior before them, they had no time to react as he unleashed himself on their exposed flank, merely a wraith in the wind.

#291 Ambivalence0219, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  12. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ghost was getting very, very bored.

Recharging was f***ing annoying. Especially since there was a certain demon she really wanted to be "reacquainted" with. Although, she was curious as to why the gorgons seemed to be acquainted with him as well. She'd have to ask them about that later.

She held out her arm and flexed her fingers, not expecting much... Which is why she was incredibly surprised when her arm began to sprout scales. The familiar sensation of her talons tearing through her fingers was welcomed one.

Finally.

Ghost shifted her eyes back. It was nice to have her eyes back to their natural opal; it wasted energy keeping them shifted like that. Besides, if everything was ending, who gave a sh** if someone recognized her?

She glanced over her shoulder to the sisters. By this point, she was still in her humanoid form, but scales were covering most of her skin, save for her face. "Hey, girls! Need any help with that whole retrieving the magical stone thing? If not, there are a few people I need to have special conversations with out there."

#292 GhostStories88, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  13. Nobo

(dammnit ok sorry) fuck I'm gonna die going out here was a terrible idea I should have been more prepared and now they're gonna kill me just like they did my dad stupid stupid stupid

14. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Medusa smirked. "I like this one." she turned to her. "It can wait. Run along and kick that demon's ass. The stones will still be here when you're done. Oh, and if you need any help, you know where to find us."

15. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Back to Blair, first)

They laughed loudly as blood splattered everywhere, leaking from the throats of their victims onto the bodies strewn on the ground. Screams echoed in the tiny alley, and to Blair, it was music to their ears. How many years had it been since they'd been in such a pressing battle? The thrill was exhilarating, their heart pounding loudly as they ducked, neatly avoiding a blade over their head, and swept a demon off their feet. It was quickly followed by a stab to the heart. They tuned out everything else but the screaming until they saw a flash of black. It was quick, nearly like a shadow, but it bounced off a demon further back.

Black...Nico?

Casually stabbing a demon in the chest, Blair glanced back, eyes searching hard for that flash of black- and yes, it was Nico. He seemingly materialized for a split second before becoming invisible again. Blair rolled their eyes fondly, calling out to the elf. "Nico, leave a few demons alive, I'll bring them-" They hissed loudly, clutching a now-useless arm. A demon had cut at it, nearly severing the tendons. It would heal in no time, but in battle, it proved a little troublesome. They tsked and shoved their elbow into their throat. The demon went down easily.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," Blair shot the knock-out demon a dirty look, right arm clutching the other bleeding (both literally and figuratively) arm tightly to stem the blood. "Leave a few demons, Nico, and kill the others. We need some information."

Rolling their neck, they scowled at the demons staring them down. Just because they were injured didn't mean that they'll go down without a fight...or that they'd even go down to begin with. Maybe once they'd cleared the entire alley, those brainless morons would understand.

(Beleth's side)

Dropping by Sltheno's bar seemed like a good idea. Instead of heading down to Hell to heal himself, she could heal him, and it was a good place to call for his troops. Sltheno's bar, he knew, was probably the safest place for a demon like him to rest for a while. Unless there was someone he knew inside, besides the sisters...

"Scout out Sltheno's bar for me. You know what to do," he mumbled to a demon, picking them up by the collar. As they dropped to the floor running, Beleth turned his attention to the cowering archer, summoning a ring of fireballs to circle the blonde. They span in a tight circle, brushing against the archer if he moved too much. He knew the flames would scare the archer.

Now, all he had to do was wait for the demon to report back...

Beleth's lackey ran down the street, their smaller size allowing them to easily dodge most battles happening around the square. They paid the fighting no mind, easily finding Sltheno's bar, feeling magic washing around them. A quick survey of the bar, and nothing seemed out of place, though, the scaled creature at the bar seemed familiar...?

They started when she turned around- her face wasn't full of scales, but her eyes...those opal eyes... Turning on their heel and rushing back to their Master, the small demon cried out: "Master! The opal eyed shapeshifter! She is near!"

Beleth paused, glancing down at the demon and glancing at the bar, a short distance away. Could it be that the sisters somehow managed to pick up Ghost? He sighed. Those sisters got themselves tangled in all sorts of trouble that wasn't worth their time.

(Also oh dear lord more fighting? XD)

#295 LogicNoSense, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  16. Nobo

"great now there's fire" I should have prepared more I thought one arrow would do it but no now I'm about to burn to death this was a really stupid idea

17. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (Ghost was bored lol XD)

She smiled at Medusa and said "I'll keep that in mind. See you ladies in a bit."

Out of respect for their tavern, Ghost exited before finishing her transformation. She'd feel bad if she broke something in there again by accident.

Craning her neck back, she opened her mouth and blew out a column of fire as her nose began to elongate and shift into a dragon's snout and wings sprouted from her back. She flexed her legs and arms, becoming reacquainted with her full dragon form.

She flashed a terrifying grin and yelled out, "Beleth! What're you doing out of hell?" She glanced at his little pyrometric display. "You'd think after spending all that time in hell would've taught you a few new tricks. Don't tell me you're still afraid of playing fire?"

18. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The moment someone materialized from thin air, Beleth sighed loudly. It seemed Ghost was here. Chasing after archers, meeting Sltheno and facing off Ghost? Today was a bit too busy for the prince.

"Ghost," he stared down the dragon from atop his horse. A sneer crept to his lips as he looked at her full dragon form. Obviously, she was itching for a fight. "Apparently you haven't learnt some manners since the last time you met," he sighed. "Let me show you how it's done. You politely say 'hello' when you meet someone," he explained slowly, as if speaking to a small child.

Which, considering her intelligence, wasn't too far off.

"That's just to keep the brat in place. He's too fond of shooting stupid, useless arrows. Why're you here, anyways? Last I heard, your head was wanted for a rather hefty bounty. Wouldn't mind turning it in myself, simply to make your yapping disappear."

19. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stheno watched lazily from the tavern window. "Who are we rooting for again?" she asked, her leg swinging idly as she sat on the window sill. She sounded bored.

Medusa looked up from her doodling, but didn't turn to face her. She seemed to think for a while, as though the question were 'coffee or tea?'
    "Hmmm. Well, B is our friend. Has been for a long time."
    "Ghost seems cool. I thought you liked her." Eury spoke with her mouth full, the noodles on her fork swinging dangerously as she gestured with it.
    "She's cute, but she is not my friend. I don't know what she is. B, however? He knows respect. Not a lot of kids these days know that."
    Stheno giggled, and looked shocked at herself. She cleared her throat. "Really, Mimi?" she put on her best 'old grumpy asshole' voice "You kids get off my lawn! Kids these day with their murdering and their instagram accounts, I remem-"
    Medusa got her in a headlock and messed up her hair. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Eury smiled. At times like this, she forgot they were no longer children.
    "Hey, Eury?"
    "Yes, Winston?"
    "What in the hell is an Instant Gran account?"

20. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    "Blah, blah, blah, since when did you know anything about actual manners? Last I checked, having manners doesn't involve constantly stabbing people in the back and throwing them into fire pits." Ghost rolled her eyes. "You know how I work. I wander. As for that bounty, if you're talking about the one Lucy set up, you know she set it up just because she misses me. Can't really blame her if she's stuck with the likes of you for company."

Her talons itched. Ghost really wanted to fight him, but she had to ask. "What is your pretentious a** doing out of hell? Does this have to do with the end of days sh**?"

#300 GhostStories88, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016