1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to subtly let other people (women) know I am open to..?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Soulstone, Jul 10, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome :kiss:

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there are a couple of things you need to think through very carefully not just in general, but with the person you are actually interested in.

First, would you accept her having other lovers besides you with all that entails? With the heightened risk of STDs that comes from having several partners and them having several partners as well, jealousy—and the torture that it is—could soon turn out to be the least of your problems.

Second, what if you fall in love? What then? You may think that you're committed to your family now, but once love takes hold of you, it's so very, very easy for many to lose sight of what importance those principles once had to you.

Third, what if one of you falls in love but the other doesn't? What if you fall in love with her but she doesn't feel the same way about you? What if she falls in love with you but you don't feel the same way? Will you let her bind herself to you emotionally while you take the best from both worlds?

I'm not saying this to stop you or judge you, but to help bring some of those romantic thoughts down on the ground. It's great that you've come further in your process. I congratulate you on that. However, I think you still have a long way to go and, to be honest, I would recommend that you seek out other women who find themselves in similar situations to your own as lovers—if that's all you want to have. It will lead to less drama.

Also, a warning: Many lesbians feel very much done with being exoticized, so make sure you respect the other person's needs, feelings, vulnerability, and personality. We are vulnerable too, even if some of us seem thick-skinned. That thickness was earned and paid for in tears, and sometimes even in blood.

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2016 at 01:10 PM ----------

Giving up? Because of age? What's wrong with you! Did you buy into the Hollywood idea that past casting age there's only misery and masturbation?

Listen here. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves, go take a nice bath or shower, go get a manicure or pedicure or haircut or sauna or whatever. Put on some clothes and make-up and hairdo and whatever that make you feel good about yourselves, flirt with that cute girl at Starbucks, at the bar, at the library, on the bus, in the cafeteria, beside you while waiting for "STOP" to turn into "WALK", in the taxi, on the beach, on the airplane, in the line for groceries, whatever! Smile! Be shy! Be bold! Be stupid! But SHOW IT. And for God's sakes, don't hide behind your age. You're grown women, not husks hanging by a thread with one foot in the grave.

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2016 at 01:16 PM ----------

And finally, to answer the question in the thread's name:

There is no way to "subtly" let women know you're interested in having sex with them. The entire purpose of letting someone know you want to have sex with them is to make your interest in said sex known!

You can make it happen in the split of a second or over months, but you must make yourself vulnerable let her know somehow, so you may as well throw off your bra and double-smack her across the face with your boobs and get it over with.

3. CameronMR

I met my girl on a dating site, and I am happy with her! Its easier when you select women only, you don't get all the pigs sending nasty messages!

also, I am 35, she is 32.