1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a part of the community?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bluebellie01, Jul 5, 2016.

1. bluebellie01

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello,

So, I've recently started questioning my sexuality seriously, and I think I'm slowly reaching the conclusion that I'm bi (very, very slowly). But I'm not even entirely out to myself. Can I still consider myself a part of the LBTQ+ community? How accepting are people of people who are still questioning? I don't really know where my community is anymore.

My parents know I'm questioning, but none of my friends do really, and I want to be able to feel like I belong somewhere, like there's this divide in society between 'the straights' and the LGBTQ+ community, and I'm kind of stuck alone in the middle.

I have a bi friend (frankly he's a love interest. that's the truth of it, but we're not SOs), and i want to be able to talk to him about it, but I'm afraid he'll think I was 'copying' or something, or faking to try and get closer to him, or something like that, cause I wasn't heavily questioning when I met him.

I'm sure this sounds at least a little irrational in terms of anxieties, but I have social anxiety. Overthinking social situations is kinda what I do :icon_sad:

I'm just feeling kind of lost. Will the community accept me even if I'm still questioning?

2. A Mindful Wolf

It's harder to be bi I find, cos everyone either thinks you're looking for attention (look at every celebrity these days), or are just kinda transitioning from closet to fully homosexual.
    I think the fact that you are questioning is enough to consider yourself a part of the community, it makes you at least Queer xD

3. Alfhild

Definitely, you are questioning :slight_smile:

#3 Alfhild, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. bluebellie01

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you thank you thank you, so much, honestly it means so much, even just text on a screen to make me feel just a little more secure :slight_smile: