1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Black Lives Matter disrupt Toronto Pride

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Jul 4, 2016.

1. daniel98

daniel98 Guest

I'm a supporter of the BLM movement but I really don't understand what the people behind this particular protest were hoping to achieve. LGBT cops exist too, and it's pretty outrageous to demand they be banned from an event that's focused on representing them and their issues. The cops present at this event are either part of the community or they're allies - why try to make enemies out of them?

I think that if the reverse were to happen and a group of gay people got together and disrupted a Black Lives Matter protest to complain about homophobia and transphobia within black communities then people would be pretty damn pissed, and with good reason. There's a time and place to talk about intersectionality - disrupting an ongoing parade or protest to make it all about your issues is pretty selfish.