1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just do not know what gender I am...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by XMikaX, Jul 3, 2016.

1. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there,
    I am a 15 year person and assigned female but nearly every day I feel really bad about being a female.
    Especially when I go shopping I really want to go and buy male clothing but I am afraid to do that. So I mostly just try to avoid buying too femaleish things.
    At one point I think I had dysphoria because I had to buy a new bra. I had felt normal the whole day before only a little uncomfortable with my body but nothing too serious but when I should choose a bra and try it on it felt wrong and I hated being a female so much at this moment and felt so shitty, I nearly cried.
    But of course that's not the only reason why I think that I might be trans. I also like being mistaken for a boy or being called son by my father (even if he is just joking). And as I said at the beginning I want to be a male nearly every day.
    Oh and one of my hobbies is cosplaying, I only cosplay male characters and I always feel great doing so.
    And there is another thing making me questioning my gender, every time I imagine my future I dream of being a man and that living as a man would be so amazing *O*.

And now to the reasons why I kinda doubt being trans. There are days when I enjoy wearing dresses, highheels and make up but even then I wanna be a man.
    And I do not like being called Sven (basically the male version of my birthname but I do not really like the name Sven in general) instead I like my "normal" female name better. Could that be because I do not like the name Sven?

I am really sorry that this is so long:icon_sad: and I still think that I forgot to mention something.

Greetings from Germany^^

2. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another cosplayer huzzah! XD

But in seriousness, I do understand what you're going through. I HATE~ Being around clothes stores that have women's clothes in it. Any feminine store I avoid and cringe every time I pass by it. And I have never in my life have gone shopping for bras or underwear. I just got mine from second hands from my mom, and gifts for Christmas. And I never liked it. So, you are not alone in this distain. And any feminine clothes I feel so out of place and anxious and miserable in. Makeup, yea no never, only when cosplaying. And I only want to cosplay as male characters because, like you, I feel great doing it like I can be myself in them.

I also imagine being a male everyday, and I can see myself living my life as a man with another man. And if you do enjoy feminine things from time to time that's perfectly alright. :slight_smile: If you enjoy being male over female, or feel like both, or its a different ratio it's alright. You could be Trans, Or GenderFluid, Or whichever, there is so many spectrums to list.

And a name, is entirely your choice. If it's a male version of your real name, or something completely different is entirely a person's choice in preference. It's only you who needs to like the name. :slight_smile:

I'm still figuring stuff out myself, but I am willing to lend and ear or a hand to help anytime ^^ I hope this helps you.

3. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wuhuuu *cosplayer highfive* :icon_bigg

I am so glad to finally meet someone who feels the same way I do^^. But there are bras I am comfortable wearing, sports bras because they make my chest look flatter.
    And luckily I can go into shops that sell womens clothing but only if there is a male section I can go to for shopping. But as I said it makes me so happy to have someone to talk about this with me.
    I think next time when I am in the city I will just go ahead and finally buy myself some male clothing.
    As long as it is for cosplay I have no problem with makeup whatsoever because like you said as a male character I feel like I can be myself and manly even with makeup.

My dream future would be living as a male with my boyfriend/husband *o* but it would be fine too to just be a man in general I think.
    Yes, I already thought about being Genderfluid too but I don't do that much feminin things and I really don't feel like a girl either.

You are so right ^^ and you know what I think I will try out a few different names .

Thank you so much for your help, it really gave me some courage and made me sooo happy to know I am not alone and also thanks really much for your offer I really need someone to listen to me and help me sort things out ^^.

LG

PS I just noticed that we have nearly the same haircut XD

4. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *highfives back* Lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm so glad I could help! ^w^

I don't wear any bra's anymore, just my chest binder whenever I go out. I just can't go back to that anymore, I didn't really like it the first time. I want to be seen as a man. Though, I'm not totally sure Trans would be a good fit way to describe me. Maybe Agender, or non binary, I'm not sure I really want a title to it. I just want to be called a man and be seen as one by more of my family and by everyone else.

I really am glad I helped you in this way, and I hope you get some sweet new guys clothes out there. :slight_smile: I'd go to second hand stores they're cheaper and you'd save a lot more money. You're not alone, no one is. *hugs*

And thanks for the hair compliment, I was trying to get mine done as "Nightcrawler" from the X-Men Apocalypse movie, but the dude shaved way too much on the side :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Oh well, it will grow. One day my dream of cosplaying my favorite mutant ever will come true.

Good luck! XD

5. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can not wait till my binder arrives and I can finally wear it when I am going out :slight_smile:. And today I found a way to style my hair in a way that makes me look really manly^^.
    I think this fits for me too at least most of the time. But the moment I think that I could be genderfluid because today I wore a lot of makeup and a long blond wig without feeling really bad or maybe I am just kinda androgynous ^^.

Thanks for your advise ^^ but I think I will at least have a look at regular stores too and if I am lucky I can even get my parents to pay for my male clothes :eusa_danc. Awww thank you so so much (*hug*).

Your welcome :icon_bigg. I also did my hair like this for a cosplay but I am not even sure who I want to cosplay yet XD. Maybe Uta from Tokyo Ghoul, Agron form Spartacus *o* or Enke from Starfighter but for Enke I have to make the the long part waaay shorter.

Good luck for you and especially your cosplay too XD

6. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cried tears of joy when I put my first binder on. For the first time I could see myself as a boy. :slight_smile: I'm glad you're getting yours, hope yours is comfy, don't wear it too much if it starts to hurt to breath, then maybe take it off for a bit. It should be adjustable, so make it so it's not too tight or where you don't think you're going to have problems later on in the day with it is all I'm saying. My cousin had some bad experience with his, passing out and all that so do be cautious. :wink:

DO your parents know? If they don't then that's another conversation, which YOU need to be ready to tell them on your own time, no pressure or rush. But I'm glad they seem supportive to you either way. Mine are as well. The cats are indifferent lol ;P

But good luck with your own cosplays, I will continue to try my hand at mine. ^^ Hope to hear progress from you soon, I sent friend request and if you just wanna chat we could chat on our pages, I'm not sure how it works here though.

But ttyl :slight_smile: (*hug*)

7. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just can´t wait until arrives *o* and bet I will cry too XD.
    Yeah I hope it´s comfy too but luckily I found out today that my chest also looks really flat when I am wearing a really thick shirt, so I can at least do that when I gets too hard to breath. Thank you for all these Tips I will definitly think of that when I am adjusting and wearing my binder^^.

Well it is kinda complicated with my parents they already know I´m having doubts about my gender but I am not sure if my dad is ready to see me walking around in men clothes. But I am already wearing a lot of his shirts and he doesn´t have a problem with that and as I told him to he at least tried to use male pronouns and say Sven instead of Svenja.
    But the most supporting person I have is my little sister she is so understanding and accepting (and she is sooo happy to have a big brother now). Also she is helping me finding a new manly name, at the moment we really like Marcel which is also the name my parents would have given me if I would have been a cis boy^^.
    I am really happy for you that you have so supporting parents :grin:.

Thanx^^ but a the moment I am working on some other cosplays like Sinbad (from an anime named Magi) and the prince from the Cindarella movie from 2015. And of course I would also like to hear about the process of your cosplay^^.
    I am not sure how this works either but I think I can´t do that anyway since I´m not a full member yet.

(*hug*):icon_bigg

8. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really glad your parents are more or less at least to get used to it and that! ^w^ And you don't need to be a full member to post messages on each others walls. On my profile is pictures I posted of me in my human version of Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 version I'm in love with ^^ My Michelangelo one I need to fix the mask a bit.
    I hope I can get a tail made and my hair grows out a bit on the sides for my Nightcrawler one for Halloween.

But good luck, and I hope you find some great clothes ^^

9. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried posting a message at your wall but when I try to send it a message from the systhem pops up and tells me that I have to make 3 more posts in a forum before I can do that.

Yes I am so glad too ^^. Uhh that sounds really cool I will look at your pictures right after i wrote this message.
    That would be so awesome *o* if it works you definitly have to post some pics so I can see it too. And now I am a little sad that we don´t really celebrate Halloween in Germany.

Thank you :grin:

10. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, so I guess you'll need maybe 2 more before we can chat unfortunately, I forgot about that little restriction sorry ^^;

And the pics in my albums are reversed because the camera on the computer puts them in that way for some reason, but the real thing has the belt on the right way. Wish I spotted that earlier before I posted.

And you don't have Halloween there? Hm. That's unfortunate. But I think its fun because it gives me a reason to dress up and be a guy. That and kids get candy, so win win XP

And no problem dude ;P

11. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem it´s not hard to make two more posts ^^.

At least better that my computer which puts all my pictures laying on the side XD but anyway your costume looks good anyway so don´t worry too much about that ^^.

Unfortunately Halloween is only celebrated in the big cities and not in the small village where I live. Yeah that sound really fun *-* but I could dress up too at Rosenmontag or Fasching which is nearly the same but my family doesn´t celebrate that either XD. Uhh yess candy is always good too :eusa_danc.

Feels so nice being called dude (*hug*):eusa_danc(!)

12. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou ^^ I love Donnie in this show, he's so adorable an the show is really great as well ^^

And, are those cities or holidays? I'm Canadian so I wouldn't know sorry. I just know poutines' and other stereotypical Canadian things. Except Hockey. Screw that noise. I maybe a guy but I hate sports.

Yea, I really like it when people call me dude or any male pronoun really. Some family tries to call me Casey but forget to call me by male pronouns. So, I'll have to just keep at it an they'll get the picture sooner or later.

^^

13. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First I wanna say that I am really sorry for not answering so long:icon_sad: .
    But yes it´s a good show even if I don´t whatch it very often.

Those are holydays^^ the funny thing is I don´t know much about them either XD I just know that those are holydays were people usually put on costumes. Ugh yeah sports, not really my thing either. Exept for horseback riding *.*.

Yes it just feels so awesome being called manly things ^^. At least they are using the right name so I think it won´t be to hard for them to use the right pronouns to^^.

Oh and I bought my new clothes this weekend and ich love them sooooo much *O* <3. But it turns out that my parents aren´t as supportive as I thought they payed for my things and everything but they just won´t accept that I wanna be recogniced as a male.
    For example I went with my dad to the guys section and tried on a couple shirts and one of them was rather tight around my breast but I told my dad that this wouldn´t be a problem anymore as soon as I have my binder and he immediately told me that I am not allowed to wear my binder very often.
    They think it´s just as phase and that I only have these "crazy" thoughts because I am bored :dry:. And every time I want to talk to them about that my dad tells me that this topic "scares" him but how is he supposed to understand if he won´t listen :frowning2:.

14. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry. :frowning2: I'm afraid that some parent's will just not understand this sadly. I would advise to find a trans or LGBT support group closest to your town whom could offer more advice and support for this. I would work on finding a proper support system if the parents do not take it well or something else happens for the worst.

And, I do not think that telling you not to wear your binder is asinine and outrageous. >< You're capable of wearing whatever you want, and at least you're not dressing like a slut or in inappropriate clothes so it could be worse for them.

I assure you, that you are NOT crazy, and this is NOT a phase. I thought it was too. I thought that it would just go away, but this isn't going to go away. It was always at the back of my mind, and now its the front, back, side, and everywhere. I even reached out to my trans cousin to ask how to get started to transition because I can't stand it anymore. And the transitioning process itself is a really long process, my cousin's in 5+ years and still isn't done. But I don't care how long it takes, I want to be a man. This is not a phase, this does not make me crazy, and it doesn't make you crazy either.

Perhaps in time, they'll see how much this means to you and they'll be a little more open or understanding. But remember. If you need any help, please ask for it don't wait, I'm the expert in this. And if they won't listen, you'll always have someone on here to listen to you. And you'll have me as well.

I really wish the best for you. :slight_smile: (*hug*)(*hug*)

15. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for now, just kick back and experiment. at your age there's so many hormones running rampant through your body to really say much about anything. developmental stages are chaotic as hell.

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Oh, a horseback rider? You're a proper gentleman, bro. Around my village we have halloween. We don't do much though. Just put a lot of artificial blood in our faces and get drunk on the streets.

17. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah puperty sure is confusing XD but as you recommended I will experiment and find out who I am^^.