1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just go for it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dgk, Jul 1, 2016.

1. dgk

dgk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey all, this is my first post on this account.

So I have a crush on one of my really good friends who I'll call Callie. Over the past few months, we got a lot closer and have a lot of inside jokes and that sort of thing. She's travelling to Iceland for a month and next wednesday (7/6) is her last day in the states. There's a party on saturday with about 15 of our close friends. I don't really know if I should come out to her or not because we could possibly drift apart during the month. Also, I don't know if she's straight or not because she's never talked about any guys or girls in the time I've known her. I just don't know what to do or how to subtly come out. Any advice?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hmm, well while she's in Iceland, is there a way you guys can keep in contact somehow, maybe ask her for pictures from time to time?

I guess I would think about how it might affect things. I'm sure if she's a good friend, she would be accepting regardless of her own orientation. But just think about what would be most beneficial for your friendship: i.e. would it be better to have time to talk about it after with just the two of you, would it be better perhaps to say it and then talk about it after she gets back or not mention it much at all.

Whatever way you choose is fine, just think about what will make it most comfortable for you. Also, take into consideration that at the party it may be very difficult to get a good time alone with her. Perhaps if you wanted, you could set up a time with just the two of you to hang out or talk.

At the end of the day only you can decide what time and what way will be best and most comfortable for you. I hope this helps and good luck!

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what you want but use the best judgment possible; friendships are often ruined when one party wants them to become something more.

4. Sandmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely consider what would happen if she reciprocated the feelings and you ended up in a long distance relationship. Not everyone is ready for that.

5. dgk

dgk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey thanks for the reply! She does have wifi and stuff but we don't text too frequently, I'd say a few times a week since neither of us are particularly too active on any social media.

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:02 AM ----------

Yeahh, pretty nervous about ruining our friendship, we're supposed to be sharing a parking spot for school in September so it's gonna be a lot of uncomfortable car rides together if it gets awkward...