1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Boyfriend Hits me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nirvana00, Jun 28, 2016.

1. CharacterStudy

You must leave him.

This is unsafe and very damaging to you psychologically, as well as physically. Abusers tend to escalate. I don't know where you are but there are often LGBT-specific domestic abuse (verbal and physical) charities and resources, and if not, good standard domestic abuse charities should be able to help.

The vast majority of people do not hit. You do not need to be, and should not be, in a relationship with someone who hits. The fact you are asking other people for advice on this suggests he has already damaged your self-confidence and will-power significantly. This is NOT your fault. There is never any excuse to hit someone in this way.

Depending on his personality, you could be at risk of revenge when you leave him. Please take advice from experts and say safe.

2. yellowbrickroad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Leave and get a restraining order. He could seriously hurt you if he hasn't already. Break up with him, he isn't worth it.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    By all means, leave this relationship. Nothing good could come out of staying, it can only get worse. Accepting abuse is not a good thing, you deserve better.

4. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't date him. Please. I've been in an abusive relationship before. I know what it's like and never want anyone to go through it.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Please leave now.

6. IamCasey

Leave. And keep a ball bat with you in case he comes around. I hate abusers!:tantrum: