1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I experiment in HS?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by whyisthismylife, Jun 26, 2016.

1. whyisthismylife

I have been questioning for a while now and I am a HS student.

I really want to explore my options, (really nothing more then a kiss) but I'm a socially awkward teenager so... How did you experiment in High School?

(BTW I'm leaning towards lesbian but I want a nail in the bisexual coffin)

2. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your highschool has a lgbtq group, try to find out about it (Then ask yourself these following questions); is it too conspicuous enough for you to join, or would you rather flaunt it? Do you feel comfortable around members of the lgbtq community? If not, try to hang around people you are attracted too; speak to them, throw in a few hints. Maybe find a suitable date location, and try to make it clear your into them. They freak out, oh well just move on. A good thing to note is relationships form about as spontaneous as lady gagas wardrobe collection. Or as random as russel westbrooks fashion styles. (For masculine and feminine :3 ) Be prepared for a reaction, try envisioning it and plan for it. Also remember people are people, some people you fall in love with. Some people not so much.For your initial experiments try to find the indicator through your attraction points, then expand on them. Even if your not particularly fond of them as this can provide valuable insight as to your sexuality.

Physically?
    Emotionally?

Try both genders, etc.
    In highschool this is alot easier then later on in life.
    You have a wide selection of individuals all tantalizingly presented in bite size packages. Later on you would have to reach out, and that requires alot of confidence in yourself.
    As a warning, sex may seem like the fast track to all your questions: "Well if I just fuck em I'll definitely know", but try to leave that to someone you truly care for, or at least someone you trust. Bulling can be brutal, and risks run high in social settings; so caution should hold priority.

If you can't find anyone who you can experiment with, try just making friends and being close to them. You can find some ques to emotional, and mental connections through that way.
    Good luck and I hope my sloppy English advice helps :slight_smile:

#2 NoXsOrOs, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  3. MrHojalata98

This really depends a lot on your highschool. For example for me, even in Texas, I live in a very liberal area and my highschool ended up being surprisingly gay. If there's any sort of GSA or LGBT support groups/clubs at your school for example that would be a very easy way to meet other LGBT people. Aside from that, it kind of gets hard, especially since you're not quite sure about your sexuality. Unless you're willing to tell other people and start getting the word out, you're essentially going to have to do your own "research." See if there are any other girls who are questioning or are gay/bi that sort of thing.

If you're willing to venture outside of the people in your school, social media has provided an entirely new outlet for LGBT people to find each other. There are many sites and apps you could use to find someone to experiment, but I genuinely wouldn't recommend this since most people on these kinds of sites aren't really looking to help others as much as they are just trying to get off. I know it's frustrating, And the last thing you want to do is wait. But if the circumstances you are in don't offer a comftrable and safe opportunity for you to experiment, please just wait. There's no deadline for when you have to completely understand this. If the opportunity does not present itself just take the time to explore what you're feeling on your own.

#3 MrHojalata98, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016