1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any fellow Christians on here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hunter8, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Hunter8

Thank you for that honest appraisal of my situation, Steellord. I know that the two worlds I often feel pulled between can certainly be at odds with one another. You don't have to tell me that making friends can be difficult. I know that quite well. But when you really think about it, finding true friends of lasting value is always a difficult task, but it's always worth the effort. As for churches accepting me, I see no reason to volunteer to them my homosexual feelings. The way I see it, this is my personal cross to bear, and no one in the church really has any need to know about it. It's a deeply personal matter between me and my Savior.

As for the broader LGBT community, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how open so many members are to discussions of faith. I seldom find anyone who is blatantly antagonistic about my Christian faith. No, I don't fit in in the sense that I am choosing a celibate lifestyle, which is not what most LGBT people choose to do. But we are all on our own individual journeys, and we will occasionally take divergent paths. I'm just trying to move forward in a way that I feel Jesus is leading me to do.

You're right though. It is very easy at times to feel like an outsider no matter what I do or where I go. But God's Grace has sustained me and strengthened me for 28 years so far, and I know He will continue to for the next 28. Thank you once again, Steellord. You certainly hit on some valid points.

2. rencetakingover

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am Roman Catholic and my family is pretty homophobic. Living in such a tough time right now.

3. I'm_Danni_x

Amen Jackie. Another fellow Christian here and I completely agree with your and Hunter's interpretation of homosexuality. This leaves me with the option of picking up the cross by following Christ and remaining celibate.

4. Jackie13

Hello, Danni. Thanks for chiming in and for your kind words. This position on homosexuality isn't a popular one or an easy one....Wishing you God's grace and blessing.

5. iiimee

Hey, Atheist here,

I don't mean to be rude, but you DO know that homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament too, right? You can't follow either half without coming to the conclusion homosexuality is wrong. Then again, most Christians on here probably cherry-pick, which is fine- I much prefer the Christians who ignore parts of their holy text in order to be kind people, but I find it odd people ONLY talk about The Old Testament condemning homosexuality.

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I'm a Christian, and although I am VERY attracted to women I've been with my (male) fiance for awhile now.

Interestingly enough, I had a man and woman claim to love me right around the same time (both my friends) and I decided for religious reasons to try dating the man. I had crazy, intense chemistry with the woman though.... We did have a fling right before I found out the guy liked me and wanted to date me.

I felt guilty when I dated a woman, when I fell in love with a woman, and when I had a fling with one. I decided forcing myself to live with such strong guilt wasn't worth it and I was convinced I was a horrible person.

I chose my fiance for religious reasons, but we really are best friends and he has helped me through so much, so I'd say I'm blessed. :slight_smile:

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was one up until about a year ago. I just realized that a lot of what I believe contradicts a fair amount of Christian beliefs. I did end up going to a catholic school for 3 years during middle school and I don't regret it considering I met my best friend there, I just didn't think about things near as much back then.

8. lostboy73

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a Lutheran, and I am probably the most open-minded one at my church.

9. Formality

Wow... I'm sorry but I'm gonna be completely honest here and say that I think your viewpoint is beyond dumb. OP.

#49 Formality, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  10. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm catholic, and, though I might leave the Catholic Church one day, I think I'll always be Christian. I don't see how "practicing" homosexuality is incompatible with Christianity. There are many Christian religions that are accepting of it. Also, I believe that God wouldn't be angry at me for loving someone. But that's just me. :slight_smile: