1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you join this website?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScottRhys, Jun 26, 2016.

1. candyjiru

To make friends and talk about my sexuality freely~ I've actually gotten much better about talking about it with people~ but, of course, not my homophobic family... My sister went on an hour-long rant about how there were two lesbians sitting behind her... like "how dare they be prancing about with their relationship... eww" grr... I think my parents are worried with how much of an "ally" I am because I'm always arguing "for the gays" XD;;;;;;;

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it would be interesting to get to know other LGBT+ people and be more open about my orientation. ^.^ When I first joined EC, I was only out to a few close friends and only knew one person who was LGBT+.

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because I wanted to participate in an LGBT community online. I've been in numerous ones under different usernames over the years, but I'm not really active in most of them anymore.

4. Jackie13

Because questioning my orientation and facing the questioning honestly was overwhelming. So I turned to...Google, of course! I googled support forums along with a lot of other information, and this website came up. I lurked for a few days and then joined so I could post. And the community here is fantastic!

5. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I originally came here so I could understand a friend better, her being a MtF transgender. I already knew of my own situation, so I prioritized learning on how to help her and whatnot with a couple of personal issues she had.

In the end, she got a boyfriend, another friend of mine, ditched him a few months later, and then turned into a Tumblr ultra feminist. We got in an argument over Anita Sarkeesian once, and she deleted/blocked me on every social network and mean of communication.

We only talked once since then, after I tried to mend the friendship, but that's about it.

Either way, I stayed here for curiosity. I wondered what my fellow non-straights were like, and how they dealt with the different social problems our kind has to face.

6. thepandaboss

Damn, I'm almost wondering if we didn't have the same friend.

I had a trans female friend who was just like this- she was a sweet, caring person who loved video games. But all of a sudden, virtually overnight, she became a stereotypical SJW.

She and I got into an argument over some meme. She claimed that male victims of rape/assault/etc were non-existent and all men were predators. She blocked me on everything when I dared disagree.

7. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because I was scared and I wanted to learn a bit more on the topic of coming out/being transgender. Stayed for the happy family this place is. <3

8. Sealgirl19

I wanted to try making online friends ( which I'm doing terrible at.) I also wanted to find a place to be myself.

9. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had an account for this website a couple of years ago, but I didn't really ever post in the forums because I was always too nervous so I got rid of it. I came back because I liked how I could be with a community of people who understood me when so many people throughout my daily life weren't understanding.

10. sunnyskies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I've known for several years that I was attracted to women, it's only been in the last six months or so that it became so immense in my mind that I felt like I was going to explode. No one knew how I was feeling and that was tearing me up; I felt so isolated. This site came up multiple times when I googled questions and searched for some kind of reassurance that everything was going to be okay, and it was a big help for me just reading that other people were going through something similar. Recently, after I opened up to a friend, I started to properly realise that I might be gay and she encouraged me to sign up to an online support group. Because it had been a huge comfort already, I immediately thought of emptyclosets, and here I am --- signed up earlier this week :slight_smile:

11. whyisthismylife

Questioning my sexuality.

12. bruh

bruh Guest

i needed advice from people back before i came out to my friends

13. CoderK

Before I joined this website, me being bi felt like I was still closeted. I knew it was true and I knew what I was, but no matter who I told, I felt closeted because I had nobody to talk to about it, nobody to reassure me that coming out happened, that it wasn't just somehow a really good dream. Here, it all feels real to me. I feel accepted here. At first I was just looking for a LGBT community to be a part of.

#53 CoderK, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To receive advice from others on here, give advice, chat with people. And I chose to stay because the community here is awesome and all of the members here are super friendly. It feels nice to virtually be around individuals who are either going through the same thing I did and those who share the same ideals as some of the other people here. Also, I can be open here as much as I want without feeling judged or something similar.

15. Mojan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Can't really remember how I found it but it was during a period of my life last year where I was questioning my gender and sexuality.

16. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Found this website while doing research on the Internet about people who were confused about their sexuality. I immediately loved it, everyone is so nice, so helpful and noone is judging.

17. Eris

Eris Guest

I was looking for another community to be part of, because life's empty without anyone intelligent to talk to. #SadLyfe

18. Hunter8

I just needed some place to vent and put into words how I was feeling on the inside.

19. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because there is too much homophobia around me and I know no one that belongs in the LGBT community.

20. mmmelody

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Last summer I was finally able to accept the fact that I am romantically and sexually attracted to all genders, though I'd been questioning for years. Problem was, it was the middle of the summer; I spend my summers in the suburbs at home with my conservative family and my school year in New York - if I had been in New York at the time, I probably would have just came out to my friends and started seeking out other LGBT people to talk to irl. But I was at home, and I couldn't tell my family (still haven't), and I was scared to out myself in my group chat to my friends, so I googled "lgbtq forum" and here I am! I'm so happy I found this site because it's really helped me figure stuff out :eusa_danc