1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you define or describe your gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alder, Jun 24, 2016.

1. kobra kid

With a keysmash.

Just kidding :lol:. I'd probably say I feel largely androgynous but prefer more masculine presentation... Or is androgynous the word?? I'm FTM but not strictly male, but also not a demiboy. Haha it's difficult to describe. A close approximation is that my ideal gender situation would be a male body with some more feminine aspects. Pretty boy, maybe? Yeah, I think that's it.

2. notmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maleness is over 9000

3. PanPrideLgbt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Describing my gender is like counting the stars! I'm Pangender so I really cannot come up with a concise answer. My explanation changes depending on the person or group of people I'm with.

4. Delta

I'm genderfluid, so I feel varying levels of masculinity, femininity, neutrality, and other gendered feelings at any given time. It can change subtly or abruptly. The way I express it is through choices in how I interact with the world.

Gender is a social thing, so I think a lot about the ways gender is expressed around me and how to communicate my feelings so I feel understood by people around me and comfortable in my skin.

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my actual gender is more in between male and female somewhere but I feel most free to be myself and comftable identifying as agender because I feel like a big part of my gender is very neutral. Despite this, I know my body should be male, and that is what I have to do to feel the most comftable. Most people know me as a trans guy because I'm ftm and I am comftable with male pronouns and being seen as male. My expression is androgynous and I like to have a mix of different traits in my personalities. I like to be balanced and relate to both men and women. But I'm very confused about my actual gender, all I know is that I need to go down the medical route. I'll just stick with agender for now.

6. Sasu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bigender so I guess sometimes I'm a boy and other times I'm a girl. I usually feel more female when I'm with people I'm very close to, especially my girlfriend, but when I'm out in public or sometimes alone, I usually want to be seen as male. Unlike a lot of bigender people I've seen, I don't really switch between presenting as feminine and masculine and I tend to only dress in masculine clothes (effectively, I like being seen as either a boy or a tomboy). The only thing I'd say varies with what I wear is sometimes wearing a binder if I'm feeling dysphoric about my chest but I generally don't mind how people refer to me.

7. Ham4Ham

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Actually started keeping track of my gendered feelings with a gender journal very recently. Like I'll draw a color-coded pi chart that shows how much of a certain gender I feel that day (I tend to feel at least two at once to one degree or another). So far, I always feel at least a little female every day, but also often experience feelings of gender neutrality and occasional flare-ups of masculinity. So I guess that means I'm some kind of genderfluid, albeit perhaps too weakly to fully and legitimately identify with that label (since I was assigned female at birth and still have really close ties to femininity)... still working on that!

Also, an interesting thing I noticed about myself-- before doing this journal, I thought my gender was closely tied to the clothes I was wearing but now I realize that is rarely the case. It blew my mind, at least. My presentation is all over the place, but butch/androgynous at its core, if that's of any interest. And I've always been comfortable with they/them or she/her pronouns, pretty much equally. And that's all I know right now!

8. Rey

Rey

Out Status:
    A few people
    My gender is most like Jackson Pollock's work. It seems sort of random and nonsensical at first, but the colors are all things you recognize. It's not what you expect and certainly not easy to explain. I'm agenderflux, so as far as gender I have no gender but I do feel more masculine or feminine at times. I express myself in neutral, masculine, and feminine ways. My comfort level with these expressions varies based on how I'm feeling.

9. Eris

Eris Guest

;_; i dont even know anymore. I used to identify as trans, then demiboy, agender, genderfluid, but I really dont know what it is much less describe it. The term that suits me the most thusfar is graygender, its similar to agender but graygender is more like you feel ambivalent of your gender identity and expression. So what I feel is that I do have a gender/genders, but I cant really define them. So yeah, its pretty abstract but it encapsulates what Im feeling. :/

I just express myself as how I wish to. But I guess from society's point of view, it is neutral? My friends have commented that they cant see me wearing skirts, and its applicable to me since Im not feminine at all.

How would you guys define masculine though? :/

10. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a female assigned at birth demiguy. If I was a number and you rounded me up I'd be man, if you rounded me down I'd be agender.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Actually I find graygender very understandable eve though I'm not nb. I find it easier to understand, like, intuitively, than e.g. agender.

Hmm, how would I define masculine... hmm... I guess I can feel a certain energy with masculine, feminine, and neutral people. I see masculinity and femininity as being mostly about expression, so it's about what your culture sees as feminine (like being submissive, sitting with your legs together), and masculine (taking up lots up space socially, being confident and dominant) etc. It's a little hard to explain, I think.

#31 Invidia, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  12. Glowing Eyes

I'm a girl with masculine interests.

13. GenderSciFi

per se, i either don't have a gender identity or i just don't care about finding it. in relation to others and in this society, i'd rather be read as a person with a "male" body and generally be treated as a man, but if it was that way, i would use this opportunity wear skirts and fancy earrings again. the way my body is gendered by others and myself makes me dysphoric and calls for transition, but i don't know how so. weirdly, i often think "butch" would be a good word to describe the energy of my gender expression, but i don't dare use that word because i never IDd as a lesbian.
    so maybe - agender - transmasculine - nonbinary -

14. Orthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The simplest way to describe my gender is as both male and female. I have traits that could be defined as male and traits that could be called female. I can feel both sides of it inside me and I am happy with it.

As far as my gender expression is concerned i am visibly male (1.89m, has to shave every week to not look like a viking ^^, etc.) and i don't think that operations or hormones could be the right thing for me ... i don't feel the need to change my body that much.
    Sometimes i use makeup. Sometimes i let my beard grow. Sometimes i wear feminine clothes, sometimes masculine ones and sometimes just the first clothes i grab in the morning. I don't care anymore how people call me or react to my body because it's me who has to love it and mostly i do =)

Same with pronouns ... i think all of them could fit for me.

So yeah that's how i would describe it ^.^

15. BlueAvalanche

I'm neutral in terms of gender, but I am very male in terms of presentation, I also think I beheave and think in a male way, even if i'm quite quiet and reserved most times. I want top surgery, I don't think i'd regret getting it, but I don't think I want testoaterone. I have social and physical dysphoria.

Overall, a transmasc agender person a guess??

16. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much how I feel about my gender. On the inside I don't really feel like either gender most of the time but I get lots of dysphoria and feel more comfortable identifying and looking male.

17. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My gender identity is male. I guess that's it.

18. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a man biologically but i don't feel like that, i feel like a mostly lesbian woman who will probably not crossdress. I just feel wrong.

19. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    To add to this I can say that I see myself as a feminine person, who wants a female body (because fate's cruel, that's why!) I also see myself distinctly as female, but I'm a person first, you know? I'm a girl, but don't force your stereotypes or any of your bs on me just because of that.

#39 Invidia, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  20. wolf of fire

Female just not overly feminine, I'd wear skirts and nail polish but I don't like the idea of make up