1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me fix my sex life (lesbian)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Myheartinpieces, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Myheartinpieces

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My fiancée and I had been together 5 years and a month ago she moved out. I'm totally heartbroken, and she has said too that she is sad about it. We are still seeing each other in a dating sense, with no strings attached, just trying to enjoy each other's time and company, hopefully rebuilding what we once had. We have an obvious romantic connection, care for each other very much, laugh at each other's jokes, etc. We have not had any sexual relations in over 6 months, and before that it was just about as long. The first 2-3 years of the relationship we had frequent sex, and then it just kind of died. I am the more femme one, but I am the top. I desire her all of the time, and being rejected by her has been very painful. Last night she dropped a bombshell on me as to why she lost interest in sex with me.

She said she doesn't think we have sexual chemistry, and that we have had "some" good sex but not always. This came as a shock to me, given that every time we have sex, we both have multiple orgasms and squirt cum all over the place. She said "that's not what I mean by having good sex." Then, she proceeded to tell me that as a bottom, she feels that I use her only to get off. She said the way I'm "f"ing her changes as I'm about to cum, and she feels like it's no longer about her. She said she feels objectified when I touch her in any way (touching her butt when she's in front of me going up stairs, or a little playful nipple smack here and there). All things I thought were normal and playful ways of touching your partner and letting them know you think of them sexually. What's interesting is that when the relationship started, it was more mutual- pleasuring me first and I'd pleasure her after. Then, she revealed that she wanted me to f her from behind. This is a very submissive act, as is me sitting on her face which she confessed that she wanted me to do as well. Once I started doing that, it became less about what pleasures me and all about me pleasuring her. I got off on that. Making her feel happy and have huge orgasms turned me on and I found it easy to orgasm while penetrating her- without even being touched. I adapted to this new, dominant role, but have always really missed that face-to-face connection that we had before our sex life became routine with me only f ing her from behind.

I guess that's my fault, I could've changed it up a bit, but I digress... My heart broke when she said these things to me last night. I told her I wish she had communicated these things to me and she said "I did, many times." Not really into that level of depth. She has said before that she doesn't like when I touch her butt going up the stairs, but she is a really sensitive person who gets rubbed the wrong way by everything in life, so the biggest challenge for me has been trying to navigate what's a real issue and what is just frustrating her in that moment and she will eventually be able to get over it. Moving forward, it's safe to assume that everything is serious to her and there won't be something she can just get over if it happens again.

She said when I touch her it feels selfish, that she doesn't feel it's for her, that she doesn't feel safe, and that because she has said not to, if I were a man she would consider that to be sexual harassment. Am I wrong for feeling like she chose a submissive sexual role, so I then am the dominant one? And being with someone means it's ok to touch them when you're feeling attracted to them? Also, I said this to her, and it's honestly how I feel- I only care about her getting off and feeling loved. That's why I always want to touch her and be with her. She said it doesn't feel that way, but then when I asked her what I could do that would make her feel that way she said "i don't know and I don't want to analyze why I feel the way I do." I think part of it too is that she doesn't know exactly what she wants or why things are uncomfortable for her. I know her only LTR before me was an on and off sexual affair with a married woman, so their entire sex life was a dirty little secret. I'm sure that plays a part here too.

I need so much help here. How could I do better to make her feel that way? To feel like she's first and most important when it comes to sex? And to know that I'm attracted to her without making her feel, as she put it, "like a piece of meat." I'm so sad that she feels this way, and I know it will take time for me to fix this, but the way I feel about her is not the way I'm making her feel and I need to be able to reconcile those two things. Help me please, I'm so sad.

2. latenlife lez

Ok I am going to try this again-- my first post got lost in this website

She needs to check in with someone - and her refusal to do so should be a red flag to you that something is not right.

I was once her- I said those things to my husband- and I thought it was clear to him and it never was clear as he needed me to be because deep down I was afraid I would hurt him- and trust me- all of this hurt him and me.

You cannot make her feel any better- you have given her a true response from you- that what you do is for her- and her enjoyment during sex. All you can do is check in with a therapist and make sure that is how you really feel--

She has to figure her stuff out for herself- and it sounds like she has some stuff. You cannot make her feel the way you feel for her--

The only thing you can reconcile is that your tried and it did not work- don't play the blame game- or look for a reason-- alone- do this with her and a professional.

You are not alone in feeling in love with someone and thinking you are expressing and it is not being recieved that way-

I am sorry- keep talking ok

3. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like she feels objectified. There may be issues underlying that which she should explore. However Ill try to help from the other end. Firstly, if theres anything shes asked you not to do then dont do it. Have a conversation to agree clear physical boundaries, too. If you dont already then show her you care for her in other ways verbally etc. This is hard, because for this to work and for it to be fair to you, you need to know what the she needs from you to move forward. I would ask her that at a safe time ie not in the bedroom or following a rejection or argument. Youre not a mind reader after all. Also Id take the sexual contact off the table for now and agree to review in a period of time you both agree to. In the meantime you both need to work the intimacy and affection back into the relationship, lots of romance and affection and contact if agreeable that doesnt lead to sex. Its tough when youre attracted to someone but it may help her associate contact with you in a different way. You sound like a caring person so dont beat yourself up, it sounds like theres been some miscommunication so that is the root to get to and move forward. Its a two way st and you both need to lay your cards down and agree to expectations of each other to help save the relationship. When/if the time is right for it to develop further then be face to face, take it slow and check in with her verbally frequently.

#3 scouse, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  4. A Mindful Wolf

Trust me, that dirty little secret likely plays a HUGE part in how she feels. Probably where the other woman touching her was taboo as heck or even exciting at the prospect of being caught.
    If she's not willing to "analyze" how she feels, while you are willing to talk and hopefully make changes, you have nothing to beat yourself up over. It sounds like she needs to learn to love herself a bit tbh.