1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I felt like I've just been punched..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by urien1, Jun 22, 2016.

1. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was leaving getting ready to have dinner with my better half, when I got a call telling me "we need to talk". This turned into the "we're not happy" talk(surprise to me..I though we were happy). This morphed into "we need time apart". At the very least, I needed closure..I was told it was a client that came in, and "it just happened". It's very bittersweet, as I've been with this person for almost 10 years..but I'm apprehensive about putting myself back into the situation, as this sort of thing may happen again. I think this may be a blessing in disguise(even though it doesn't feel like it), and maybe I should use this time to focus on me..God, this sucks. I feel like my heart has been ripped out..:help:

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My hug of support for you(*hug*)..

Once in a while things come our way when we least expect them and we are not prepared.. I don't think actually that anyone is prepared for what you've been told.
    No matter how difficult this is, step away and collect all pieces of your broken heart. You are the priority to yourself and your well being is the key.

Tell yourself that each day is a new day, and strive to make progress to eventually deal and get over the hurt and be happy with final outcome.

We unfortunately can not control what others choose to do but we can control how we handle things for ourselves.

..I don't know how else to help, don't know what people do in this situation.
    Do what is best for you, the trust is broken and if ever regained - takes a long time, and really depends on wether you really want to be with someone who let you down in such a way.

Hugs and thoughts of support

#2 Orchidea123, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  3. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Thank you so much for your hugs and words of support. That means a lot! In addition to online, my friends and family have proven invaluable. Now on to making myself and my well being a priority! Thank you again!(*hug*)

4. alittlemore

(&&&)I'm so sorry to hear that. Like Orchidea123 said, the best thing would be to focus on yourself and people who are there for you. Endings can be really painful but they can also be new beginnings. Take care of yourself, sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts (*hug*)

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could just imagine how you are feeling and although its easier said than done during this difficult time, I too agree that you should just focus on yourself. My aunt used to always say that when one door closes, another will open. With that being said, its quite possible that the next person that comes along could be someone really special and your ex departure was making room for this new person to come along.