1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys- Would you date a trans guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicalGlobe, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I would have been happy to date a transGUY.

2. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How? "Gay men like male genitals" "Yeah, that's obvious" Just how? You see what you want to see I guess.

It is pretty cut and dried.

3. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, "attraction to male genitalia" is not enough to define "gay" because some gay men are attracted to trans man and the genitalia wouldn't matter to them. "Gay" is attraction to men in general then, it seems. However, for some people the sexual aspect of men is important and they couldn't be with someone who didn't have male genitalia. That is why some might say "no" to this question. Is that acceptable to say? Or should this question just not be asked in the first place?

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I do think it is a question that needs to be asked if only to show that there is a diversity in how people identify man and how gay men approach their sexuality.

Some are solely attracted to the parts....bit wait...does that mean they'd date a trans woman? But then wouldn't that make them bi? Because in essence they are dating a woman who happens to have a male growth...hmm

But if you don't want to date me because I don't have a dick then that is fine, but don't act like not having a dick makes less of a man or one not at all.

This also raises the question of would a gay man date an intersex individual?

5. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If we have mutual attraction then sure.. Just like any cis guy

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I will say this. I'm attracted to guys and I'm attracted to dick. That's it.

7. thepandaboss

Just admit it. You don't think I'm a guy. Don't skirt around it. I'm tired of this "oh it's just a preference" shit.

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There ya go again. Why are you assuming it's not possible for transmen to not have male genitals. Now there is the issue of pre-op and post-op, but you're disregarding surgery altogether.

9. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I would, but I'm pan, so I'm not really sure if I should answer since the question really wasn't directed at me.

10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think it meant note any guy attracted to males, so you fit the bill, my friend. Thank you for taking the time to reply ^_^

11. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Uhm, actually I do, how do you get my posts to become that? Being attracted to dicks is a preference, yes.

Where have I said gays would not be attracted to a trans guy with a dick? Why are you blowing this so completely out of proportion?

Literally the only thing I have not agreed with here is the notion that gay people are sexually attracted to female genitalia. That's kind of straight. And people who like both are called bi.

#51 derVaminoi, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  12. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haven't tried , so I don't know. I've dated a transGirl and it was damn fun! Dx
    I'd give dating transGuy a try.

13. Umme

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

But the thing is, the genitalia can be classified as male, because they are the genitalia of a person who identifies as male. What you are trying to say is that you like penises, as do all gay men be they cis or trans.
    What others are saying is that gents do no make the man, there for they are willing to date a trans guy should they click well in personality and if communication takes place.
    But dating and/or having sexual relations with a trans man does no make them bi. Bi saying that you are implying, perhaps indirectly and unknowingly so, that trans men are nothing more than girls and guys who date them aren't truly gay. Some men do not mind that their dates have a manginas (all hail old Greg).

YOU do not like manginas, and that is okay because that is your perference. Other men, blessed are they, are willing to work with what their man has equipped. They aren't approaching person and thinking of them as a walking dick or mangina, they see them as a person and wish to get to know them and worry about the rest when they get to it. Its really just that simply.

15. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah but that's not gonna make people who are not attracted to that become attracted to it. Good for those who are.

I'm bi though, I like manginas.

This all started with a reply basically saying "obviously" to that guy who said it makes sense for a gay man to want a dick.

I don't know how it turned into this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, way I look at things

I approach a gay guy and ask if he'll date trans man. If he says something like "No, having a dick is a must for me." Then I'll shrug and ask "Will you be friends with one?"
    If answer is yes then that great, got myself a new friend.

Idk not exactly sure what is going on in here at the moment.

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think pandaboss is making this into a big deal, when it isn't.

18. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

I think that an important point was made in the act of starting this discussion and hopefully someone learned something from reading the different replies and found insight in the words that people shared. Beyond this, this isn't an easy discussion to have and unfortunately, it can lead to hurt feelings, this is one of the situations in which honesty is expected as are negative replies, however, behind the discussion there is also the fear of rejection that I'm sure we've all felt at some point in our lives. As this is a support forum, being sensitive and careful when having such discussions is important. Certain statements can be extremely hurtful in such a discussion especially if you had have had a bad day. It happens and understanding that is important. I assume that none of us here want anyone else in the community to feel hurt, we are all in this together, be respectful and kind and understand that in another day, you might depend on others to do the same for you and as such treat them as you would want to be treated when you are in pain and need support. (&&&)

#58 Eveline, Jun 23, 2016
  19. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    But my thing is, if you don't like your genitalia, get surgery. If you can't afford it, raise the money. You don't have to keep your vagina.

20. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because its so easy to raise around $100,000 dollars. And let's not forget all the health risk, the high chance that something can go wrong and thus never orgasm again, and once you go past a certain point with bottom surgery you are dependent on T shots to regulate hormones. Something goes wrong and you can't your T then your health goes to shit and you could die (I believe but not 100% sure)

Its not a simple "I dislike this so I'm getting this" decision. Its a "I dislike this, buy do I dislike it to risk all of that" kind of decision.
    Many trans men will not have bottom surgery to the point of having a penis created, and that is a decision to be respected.
    Once science and medicine has made more progress then many of us will revisit the issue and more than likely go that far.

So yes, currently we do have to keep them because the risk out weighs the reward.
    I'm not gonna find a bear for a rotten apple.

#60 Matto_Corvo, Jun 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.