1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you ask out/get asked out by your first girlfriend/boyfriend/partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConnectedToWall, Jun 21, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I'm just looking for cool stories about peoples' first relationship, how it went, and specifically, how it began.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first relationship was a mistake. Picture 'hey you wanna go out' as a message on the world's best known gay hookup app.

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nobody's ever asked me out...
    Nor have I ever asked anyone out (they'd have to be the one to ask 1st, I wouldn't ever have the guts)...
    I don't expect it'll ever happen (actually I doubt anyone would ever have .any. interest)

4. TigerStripes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was a girl. I was still figuring things out. She offered to teach me and a few friends to ice-skate. I took her up on it and... didn't invite the others. After a few nights of that, she asked if these were dates. I said that we would have to agree on it for them to count as dates. We did.

#4 TigerStripes, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  5. AmyBee

She was listening to They Might Be Giants and drawing so my brother thought we should meet. She came to my house one day and we hung out in my room just talking but I was in college so it would have been long distance and I was reluctant. Anyway, I gave her a call about a month later to see if she wanted to do something next time I came home and she was like sure. Then we started exchanging letters and suddenly she sent me one saying she was moving back to her own hometown but we'd stay in touch. I was disappointed but it was okay. I was kind of seeing someone else casually. Anyway to make a really long story short we did stay in touch and then when we were together at Christmas break we started dating and then I went to stay with her for a week during spring break and we were in love but by the summer we were out of love and that was that. It was really fun. She was the first person I slept with and she wore my boy clothes including my underwear a lot which was fun. But we were both kind of unstable as far as what we wanted and the long distance thing really hurt. But the good part is we later became friends and having known her helped me come to terms with being a trans woman and I'm out to her and she's super supportive and encouraging. She got me shaping my eyebrows and shaving my arms for example, and she was really complimentary the first time I wore a bikini and showed her. So it's overall a positive experience even if it initially ended in heartbreak! THE END.

6. MlleLs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We were really good friend and even if I had a little thing for him I was trying to hide because I was convinced that he won't ever be interest in me. I assumed now I was not that good at hiding because he asked me to be his girlfriend through a letter in latin (no I don't do latin but he does^^)

7. DanielaMaiden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 14 and got my lips broken in a hockey (messing around match) fight. I went to the bathroom to clean myself up cause I was bleeding a little too much and this girl I liked and I used to bully came up to me and said like ha-ha and then "let me help you" I was like "no way! Aren't you grossed out by my blood?" She was like "not at all" then I said "well prove it and kiss me then" and she did haha. After that she asked me out to get ice cream a couple of times but I said no. And well... I guess I was like 12 when a boy bought for me a candy and wrote me a cute little letter and asked me to be his girlfriend. I said no, of course. I don't like candies nor boys.

8. thepandaboss

I asked out my high school girlfriend over Deviant Art. It was so weird because at the time, I really was attracted to her. She was very butch (and would eventually come out as gender non-conforming). But only woman I've really ever felt attracted to since.

I messaged her on Deviant Art and told her she was pretty. And then we dated. Broke up three years later and stayed friends...until for unrelated reasons, she cut contact.

9. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We met on this website for writers. Turns out we were living in the same state. She was incredibly depressed over her recent break-up, and I was worried because at some points during a conversation she would seem suicidal. She was my first friend on that site, so I figured I'd take the time to cheer her up every day. We would talk for hours online. Eventually, the two of us met in person, and the talks just continued to progress from there. I was just happy that she was happy.

I think it was about a month or two later, not sure......our conversations just became more and more flirtatious, until the next thing I know, I'm in a relationship. We stayed together for two years.

I ended up cutting ties with her in the end...I was an indecisive ass at the time, and emotionally unstable. I was just making things hard on her. So, before it could get any uglier, I cut it off....

#9 Sohryuden, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  10. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of my friends set us up together. The relationship lasted about a month because my parents drove us apart because they don't approve of me dating another guy. Still, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

11. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    He's my best friend (friends for 20 years now). I told him I liked him and he got scared and avoided me for the most part of secondary. We remained friends but he wouldn't want to be alone with me. Fast forward to a month before uni, I was supposed to go to London to find a decent flat but he sent me a text message telling me he had a free room at his apartment so I checked it out. When I was at his place, he asked me whether I still liked him and I said yes and then he just asked me to be his boyfriend. lol

12. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had a same-sex partner yet, but my first legitimate girlfriend asked me "will you be my pet?" rather than her boyfriend through an online conversation after we met through mutual friends. It was cute and we were fourteen at the time, lasted until I was 18 and we had some flings into our early 20s.

#12 108, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016