1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Post-Hardcore Bands?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kobra kid, Jun 19, 2016.

1. kobra kid

I love post-hardcore but I feel like it's impossible to find bands that are currently making the sound the genre had in the earlier 2000's... So many bands seem to be 'cleaning up' their sound but I still want the aggressive guitars and vocals. Any band is fine--I already know of a lot, but I don't mind if I get suggestions I already know of. I'm not too picky. I just want bands that are still making music so I'm not stuck listening to the same albums over and over knowing there's nothing new coming.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The wikipedia on this is pretty good. Here's a link to a list of post-hardcore bands that might be of interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_post-hardcore_bands

Here's some that I listen to (or haven't heard in a long time) from the list:

- Atreyu
    - Alexisonfire
    - Clutch
    - A Day to Remember
    - Flyleaf
    - Hawthrone Heights
    - My Chemical Romance
    - Silverstein
    - The Used
    - We Came As Romans

#2 Daydreamer1, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  3. irissakata

Some i can certainly recommend are first and foremost the early albums of Black Veil Brides (although I can also certainly recommend the newer albums even though they are not post hardcore) other post hardcore bands I can recommend are bring me the horizon, asking Alexandria, Pierce the Veil, sleeping with sirens and falling in reverse. ^_^

4. Synesthesia

I used to love Billy Talent, I think they're still making music but I haven't checked out their newer stuff except a couple of songs from 2012. All the other good older and newer bands I can think of have been mentioned here already.

#4 Synesthesia, Jun 19, 2016
  5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, Try Honesty is a pretty good song of theirs.

And although their newer stuff isn't hard core, I think their new album and the new singles on their greatest hits album are much better than the 2012 songs.

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can second Alexisonfire and A Day To Remember. The Amity Affliction, coldrain, Chiodos, Bury Tomorrow, Enter Shikari (they're pretty electronic though, usually hit or miss but I personally love them). Get Scared and Our Last Night's early stuff is pretty raw too.

#6 Aberrance, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saosin is also pretty great too from what I remember.

8. CameOutSwinging

I saw them live back in 2006 opening for Senses Fail and I hated them. Ruined the band for me.

Speaking of Senses Fail though, I believe they fit in this category. Can't recommend them enough.

I saw Pierce The Veil about a week ago, and they were really good, but I The Mighty opened for them and I'm in love with that band now. Check out anything off of their 2015 album Connector. My favorite track is "Slow Dancing Forever."

9. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pierce the Veil - Collide With The Sky is a great album even if you're not a fan of the band's other material.

It sounds like Thrice is gonna be coming out with a sick new album.

let.live's newest album is really on point, and their live performances only make them that much better.

Sleeping With Sirens might be worth checking out as well. I have plenty of friends who are into them, though I've only known their singles and popular stuff.

Falling In Reverse has a great first album. It took me a minute to get past Ronnie's voice and somewhat cringeworthy lyrics, but once you really get a feel for the entire vibe you can decide if it's great or shit. It's one of those albums.

A Day To Remember is great, although I wouldn't call them straight up post hardcore. They're a bit of metal-core and pop punk as well. Wonderful band nevertheless.

Hail The Sun is a god damn juggernaut with this new album, although I don't understand the lack of recognition yet. True musicians honing their craft in their own original way.

Emarosa has some really fire new singles. Looks like it's gonna make for a great album.

Good luck!

#9 AriKari, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  10. CameOutSwinging

I'm going to see them on July 6th!

I wanted to see them open for The Wonder Years but I couldn't get out to that tour (they didn't do a NYC stop). Probably would have been the one chance to see TWY play "Stained Glass Ceilings" live since the lead singer of letlive. is on it.

11. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fugazi... I don't know what you guys are even talking about.

12. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fugazi is sick, but I don't think that's the kind of post hardcore this person is talking about.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2016 at 01:16 AM ----------

The Wonder Years is pretty great. I got into their last album and I really should get around to checking everything else out. It's definitely a shame you couldn't catch those bands, especially together. That would've made for such a wicked show. My heart feels for you friend. Last time I saw Letlive, they were still on their come up. I SWEAR ILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN AGAIN

13. plant

Pierce the Veil
    Brand New
    La Dispute (an aquired taste)
    Bring Me the Horizon
    Of Mice and Men
    Hands Like Houses
    Memphis May Fire
    Crown the Empire

14. CameOutSwinging

Don't get me wrong, I've seen The Wonder Years live 8 times (including 5 last year) but yeah, getting to see them with letlive would have been nice just for Stained Glass Ceiling. I definitely recommend checking out their older stuff. Upsides, Suburbia, and Greatest Generation are all fantastic and you can really hear the evolution of the band through each album. No Closer To Heaven is great too. Heck, I even love Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties (Soupy's side project), but they're definitely not post hardcore, haha!