1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presidential Race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SnixxJuice, Jun 17, 2016.

1. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sure, sure. Everything is sexist nowadays. Hillary's campaign is counting on that. Go vote, prove you don't hate women. Wait a minute, Bernie's Jewish though, you aren't an anti-semite, are you? What do you have against a Jewish candidate and his supporters?

I don't see any flames. ;P

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't believe what I said counts as a flame war. I wasn't cussing at anyone or saying anything personal enough to count. However saying that all Muslims should be kept out of the country because they might be connected to an ISIS terrorist group seems to be inflammatory to me since it is assuming all Muslims could be bad. There are a lot of good Muslims out there. It's like banning all Christians or all gay people from entering a country because 1 Christian or 1 gay person messed up. I think this is a bit derailed from the conversation though. But I do care about our Muslim LGBT brothers and sisters on this website and Muslim people worldwide who are getting profiled.

3. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah I agree its a cheap tactic used by some Hillary supporters. My answer to them is,

"If having a female candidate is that important why haven't y'all supported Stein & Warren over Hillary outside of name recognition? How come most of y'all don't even know who Stein is?"

"If Obama could run for a third term would it be automatically racist for any voter to prefer a first term for Sanders or Hillary instead?"

Really makes me consider not voting......

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a Bernie supporter. What I was referring to are the Bernie people who make memes of Hillary in skimpy outfits and hold her to a different standard than male politicians. Unfortunately many Bernie hardcore stans hold her to a different standard than they do for male candidates even if it is not intended. It's not sexist to vote for a man but it is a form of sexism to attack a woman in a different way than you would attack a man (ie why are people on the left so obsessed with attacking Hillary and not Trump?) and to make memes in provocative poses or demean a woman's sexuality. Also i have seen people refer her marriage.

Also many Bernie people are saying that Hillary people are voting for her just because she is a woman which is sexist in itself. It's like saying black people voted for Obama because he is black when actually they voted for him due to his policies.

#44 midwestgirl89, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    People were giving Christie crap for being obese as well as constant jokes about Trump's hair. I don't see why Hillary should be devoid of criticism. On the verge of being president I'm sure Hillary could care less what critics online do to pictures of her. Most people on the left vote for Hillary as well as the DNC being in her favor. Especially with being funded by big bankers, I don't see how Hillary has it so bad as a woman when she has the biggest chance to be president.

I'm black and I know for a fact many other blacks did vote for him for being black overlooking his policies. If anything that's racism/tribalism on their part. Some people are voting Hillary in for being a woman that's true as well. To say all of eithers votes come from that is ridiculous but I don't hear that argument. Even if it were true its up to the voters who they want to vote for so being politically aware isn't a requirement.

I'm not speaking against you personally I just think that the "she's a woman, she has it so hard!" argument is played out. Don't see where she is a victim. She's a wealthy, powerful woman and both her and Trump have high disapproval ratings. Way more to due about their actions than their genders. Again, not saying you believe any of this I'm just speaking in general.

If you vote Hillary I'm not going to condemn you for it I still respect you as long as you show respect to me too. I'm leaning for Trump though we agree on nothing but most likely I'm not voting.

#45 purplewolf6, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look at the absolute insanity that has come out of the Republicans in charge of Congress the last five and a half years. If you think government shutdowns and partisan witch hunts are perfectly fine, then by all means re-elect them and vote for Donald Trump. If not, Hillary Clinton's your candidate.

If you think that every single Republican county clerk in America should be able to refuse to give you a marriage license irrespective of what the Supreme Court says because of their religion, then by all means re-elect the Republicans and vote for Donald Trump. If not, vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you think that we ought to exponentially increase our deficit and double our debt, then by all means vote Republican and vote for Donald Trump. If not, then vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you think we should go to war with Iran and allow Saudi Arabia and North Korea to obtain nuclear weapons, then by all means vote for Donald Trump. If not, vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you think that you should have to pay thousands of dollars more in taxes so that millionaires and billionaires can have a multi-million-dollar tax break, then by all means vote for Republicans and for Donald Trump. If not, vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you think we should waste billions of dollars on a wall along the border when most illegal immigration comes from people entering the United States legally and overstaying their visas, then by all means, vote for Donald Trump. If not, then vote for Hillary Clinton.

If you think that we should embolden and strengthen ISIS' recruiting efforts by bombing the Middle East to try and destroy ISIS, as that sort of thing only makes it easier to radicalize people over there, then by all means vote for Donald Trump. If not, vote for Hillary Clinton.

Getting things done in Washington is like pushing a car up a steep hill. It takes an incredible amount of effort from multiple people, and even with some momentum behind you, gravity is always going to work against you. Hillary Clinton has the experience of having seen first-hand what it takes to get things accomplished in a presidency.

While the far left says she's not a "real Democrat" because she's (like me) a pragmatist and not an idealist, the reason for that is because she was an idealist right up until the defeat of her health care plan in 1994. It was then that she came to the realization most people in Washington have at some point in their careers: you can't change Washington, you have to work around it.

This election is far too important to sit out, and if we're going to keep moving forward and not be dragged so far to the right by a candidate who makes Mitt Romney look like Ted Kennedy, then it's time to unite behind Hillary Clinton. All you need is a pen and a ballot and you can vote to put the grownups back in charge in Washington.

#46 AwesomGaytheist, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I follow a lot of Bernie pages on Facebook and I've yet to see Hillary in skimpy outfits (who would want to see that anyway?). I know many of Bernie's supporters that fervently dislike Clinton are voting Jill stein, who is also a woman.