1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally accept I'm gay--I think

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by finallyout420, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    wow as a very much questioning bisexual this post has been unbelievably insightful!!

Finallyout420 you sound so similar to me in so many ways it's unbelievable. A question for both you and Nickw is sexually - whether you were fully into it or not - did 'it' always work or did you ever struggle to feel any arousal?

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Confused Dude

My only experience with guys was as a kid since I got married so young, so I don't know if I would have arousal trouble with a man or not. As far as women, no problem being turned on by my wife...ever. However, I will sometimes describe a fantasy with a guy to my wife while we are messing around...during foreplay. But, I usually forget about the fantasy once things are really heated up. Somedays I am in the mood for a guy and she will describe some guy while she does me. It sort of turns us both on so I am not sure if I am being turned on because I'm thinking about the fantasy dude or that she is turned on so it makes me hotter. But it is hot!

So, there are ways to be bisexual while in a monogamous marriage. But, even at that, I still desire a man sometimes. I am sometimes hot for young women too. It can be all over the place!

The great thing about being bisexual is that you can get that flirty hunger with both men and women where you just feel them a bit deeper. You don't have to act on it, but it is a really good feeling.

Just be honest with yourself and love because you want to not because it is the right way to feel.

3. finallyout420

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It truly is saddening to think that you have had to go through all that simply because of your sexuality.

Thank you for sharing in such detail. So much of our stories are similar, and yet there are differences that are enlightening. Your description of not being able to crush on the opposite sex is definitely different than my experience. I certainly have crushed on the opposite sex, and it was not forced. In fact, if I had to say, as of now, it is easier for me to crush on women then on men. But this could be because I have allowed myself to do so, and once I open up to my attraction to men, crushing on them will come easier.

Also, your experience in sex of coldness and deadness is also not very similar to mine. I have had very passionate times with women, but as I have mentioned, even these times have had senses of frustration and discomfort surrounding the event. Albeit I have also had times where I did have to force it, but these times could have been more simply not being in the mood. Strangely though, I didn't feel these feelings with the same sex. It is more from the emotional side of things surrounding sex that my discomfort comes. I am paranoid of her emotions, and often get upset with her and myself for no reason. I don't feel this at all with the same sex. It's simply easier and more free.

It is totally understandable why you have come to understand yourself as homosexual. It is a particularly thing about maleness that brings coldness. You could even love a man emotionally, but there seems to not be a physical pull even if the emotional pull is there.

You mentioned that when you are interested in a woman, you get protective and jealous. Have you ever been with a man whom you felt you wanted you to be the protector in the relationship ? A man who wants you to protect him and care for him, possibly in a way that is usually the more traditional male role toward the female? I only ask, because as I have been examining myself, I think it is possible that some of my sexual frustration with women may come from the fact that I want to be able to feel feminine sometimes with a woman, and I think it particularly comes out sexually.

And when I feel like I can't be feminine with her or it would turn off the whole situation, this may get me frustrated. Your situation may be completely different, but I can't help but wonder, as you made me wonder earlier, if some of your discomfort with men has been at your hiding a great part of yourself from them? None of this may be the case at all, and I truly understand why you say you are homosexual. I guess what I don't fully understand emotionally since I don't experience it, is that you have been able to have love for a man, but are not physically attracted. Maybe that is one difference between a bisexual and homosexual and heterosexual. There is a physical "deadness" that is simply unexplainable except that one is not drawn or attracted to the sex that causes the deadness, and thus, can not have intimate sexual relationships that are true to the person's heart and desires.

For me, I think I am going to start dating other types of women. Women that would be okay with me being also attracted to males, and also women that would be comfortable, and possibly even into me, wanting to at times be desired and pursued. In the meanwhile, I am open to also finding a good guy, and I am looking forward to trying to date him if he is found.

I am going to have to change some of expectations for a lover, but this might not be bad. It might be that my expectations for a lover led me towards that type of woman that was not good for me. Maybe I needed to change what I want out of a lover in order to find the comfortable, natural, intimacy I desire. These are my current thoughts, but I am evolving daily in my understanding of my sexuality that I had supressed for so long.

I truly do hope you find love and peace in your relationships. Both with men and women. Even if you are homosexual and end up with a woman lover, I hope you are still able to love men as you have been able to in the past, even though there is not the romantic and sexual element.

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2016 at 09:47 PM ----------

I have struggled with arousal with women, but most the time I have not. I think some of these struggles might have been that I simply was not in the mood. But I will say that I have not had these same arousal problems with males. However, I have had much more sex with women so it isn't a fair comparison. The lack of arousal doesn't really disturb me, because I have had many times where I was easily aroused, so I personally have attributed it to situational lack of simulation.

However, what I would say, is though I physically do not have a problem with women, I emotionally do, especially when connected to sex. So it is like I have had a problem with emotional arousal. And this has been what has disturbed me. That I always feel uncomfortable eventually with a woman. But I am learning more and more this might have to with other things beyond a lack of sexual attraction, which it seems I obviously have.

4. seeking

I could never have passions with any men...I once almost felt nauseous with some guys when they tried to be sexual with me.

I wasn't uncomfortable because I was worried what the man was feeling emotionally. I just was praying for it to be over, I couldn't wait till it was over, and honestly I didn't care when a guy cheated on me because I didn't have to have sex with him. I could just hide my sexuality in the relationship.

I was more hurt when they were dishonest with me than they having sex with someone because I didn't have to have sex with him.

Nah, I never get protective or jealous of a man. I had men who wanted to be protected and care for. Nothing is there on a deep emotional level.

I love them and care for them as a person as a friend and possibly as a brother.

There are different types of love...Love for family, love for friends, and love for significant others. My type of love was just of a friend. Where I enjoyed hanging with the guy and love the guy for who he is...also want him to find a good gf. But, when I tried to push it further I shut down...I just had nothing beyond a friendship.

You could want a girl who takes on traditional male roles..there are straight woman that do that in their relationships. I had a manager at a job of mine and she was the dominating one in the relationship and her husband wasn't what society would call masculine. He did everything she said, he cooked for her....he was like her slave lol. You just have to find the right type of relationship structure.

The guys knew I was gay.

They always had the same complaint...I was distant and not emotionally involved. I was cold.

All my female friends could tell I was homosexual...they saw I had no interest in men. That I am dismissive of them.

I just suck at hiding my emotions and it shows.

It had nothing with hiding it was just disgust when it came to having to kiss, have sex with them, whatever. It was turn off.

I just can't connect any further than a friendship.

It just heavily creeps me out when a guy is interested in me and it erks me out when they try to flirt or be sexual with me.

As long as you do what feels right. Date who you think is right for you. You'll find success.

I can't be with a man, but hopefully I can accept my sexuality and date a female.

I do plan on going to therapy to help accept my sexuality because I can't keep hiding in relationships that are fundamentally unhealthy for me.

I am just not sure why I can't accept my homosexuality....what cause me to not being able to accept it and have a hard time accepting it. I have an uncle who is gay.

If I was you (definitely easier for me to say this than do) just date whoever gets your engine going and you have fun talking to.

5. finallyout420

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Guess I really missed the boat on all that. My apologies. I guess I misunderstood your inability to accept your homosexuality with a still questioning of it. I hope you learn to accept it as well, and I hope that people accept you and make you feel good about yourself.

6. seeking

No apologies needed. I'm still growing as a person...so as I go through acceptance. I might figure something else about my sexuality or 10 years down the line I might discover something. I think society makes it hard to accept sexuality. But, the older I get the more the more I realize you can't please everyone. I just need to learn to be authentic.

Well wish you the best in the future hope you find someone good for you. Who you can totally be who you are and show all aspects of yourself that makes you who you are.