1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatRangerGirl, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As a Trans teen, with no hope of transitioning for at least 5 years, is it normal that sometimes under my clothes I slip on a stuffed bra to give myself the appearance of figure?

Is that normal or is it wrong/offensive. I sometimes feel it's rude to other women when I do it . . . But sometimes when I'm really dysphoric it helps my dysphoria so much

For the record my parents were good enough to let me have an all female wardrobe.

#1 ThatRangerGirl, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. Irisviel

There is nothing wrong with dressing to alter your appearance. (almost) All trans people do it, trans men bind their chests, trans women tuck in the crotch area and many use breast forms, or some home made solutions to have an appearance of having breasts.

I don't see anything wrong with that if it makes you feel better, in simple terms. It is a common practice among trans people.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Transitioning isn't just medical. A lot of transition is social and part of that is often changing your expression to feel more comfortable. It's perfectly fine to wear a stuffed bra if that makes you feel better. Like the above user said transguys often bind long before any medical intervention happens.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have cool parents...

Why would it be offensive to wear a bra? I mean, I don't see a reason.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Just do what makes you feel good.

6. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think normal and wrong/offensive are opposites. I mean, transphobia is normal, but it's nowhere near okay, and sexual violence is wrong but horribly commonplace.

As long as you're not contributing to oppression (like misogyny, transphobia, or cultural appropriation) or harassing someone or physically assaulting someone, you're totally fine in my eyes. Oppression can be complicated and tricky, but basically if you're not spreading prejudice, you're fine.

And anyway, yes, it's normal to stuff your bra. It doesn't hurt anyone- it's innocuous personal expression. And it makes you feel better, so that's super awesome! I usually don't wear bras, but when I do, I usually stuff them, and I like it. I'm not sure if I have chest dysphoria anymore since I've grown small breasts, but I wish they were bigger, and stuffing lets me experience that.

7. Glowing Eyes

I once waited for my mom to leave the house just to try that (I actually tied a silk scarf with some socks around my chest).

Anyways, I don't see anything offensive about it.

#7 Glowing Eyes, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  8. AmyBee

If there is a such thing as "normal," then yes, that's super normal. It's totally natural for you. It's amazingly cool your parents let you have a female wardrobe, too.

9. arialgrande

I think it is normal and there is nothing offensive to the women here. Just be yourself

10. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nothing offensive about it at all. If it makes you feel better, then just do you and forget what someone else might think. It isn't any of their business anyway. Don't worry about it.

Your parents are pretty damn awesome, there should be more folks like them out there.