1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is too much

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pi Fermat, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is there a limit to how frequently one should masterbate?
    I enjoy it and it doest hurt me, although sometimes a little after several goes so i take a break. On a good day i might average 4-6 and on some weekends up to the 10+ a day, but I recon at least 24 per week. For me its like i enjoy it and see no reason to stop. I have too much time on my hands.
    Is this strange? Can there be any adverse health effects? Does too much fun solo ruin it for later? Are there any benefits?

#1 Pi Fermat, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Masturbating ten times a day is a little excessive really. It's not harmful and will not damage your health, but I think you know that you are overdoing it. You're also not allowing time for your body to 're-charge' after masturbating... your prostate must be working overtime!

I think this was the key quote from your posting, because you recognise that you have too much time on your hands and you seem to be using masturbation as a time filler. Whilst it's not harmful to masturbate frequently, it's probably a good idea to broaden your horizons and try to find other ways to fill your time. Having a range of interests and hobbies that take you out of the bedroom is a positive and healthy thing to do

3. faustian1

I think your body will tell you when to stop. But hey, you're 18. I remember staying home from school and doing it all day sometimes. And thinking about it constantly.

That kind of energy..I'd say you have lots of drive...You might look for somebody who has similar levels of desire--it could be interesting.

#3 faustian1, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I've read there can be too much:
    Full article: Masturbation and Prostate Cancer Risk

5. faustian1

And from that article:

"For men in their 20s, "frequent masturbation" was two to seven times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported masturbating less than once per month, 20-something frequent masturbators had a 79% higher risk of prostate cancer by age 60."

I'm sure, if I get out my archaeologist's shovel and start digging, I'm going to find somebody over at Westboro Baptist behind that "study." The story even mentioned that different studies reached different conclusions?

But "frequent masturbation" is as little as twice per week? Do the Gods give us a one get-off quota, before eternal damnation? :roflmao: By that measure, everyone is a frequent masturbator, so everyone will be "more likely to get prostate cancer.

I'm doomed...after all these years even if I quit totally, I'd never save myself. :tantrum:

I'm sure the women are grateful, that Reefer Madness hasn't been focused on them this week.

6. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Try hanging out with friends more and being outside. That has helped me alot.

7. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think about it like this. The more you stay at home, bored, and with access to the internet or other... explicit material, the more likely you'll masturbate.

Leave the house, go do something useful elsewhere. Go out with friends, get a job, spend more hours studying, etc.

And yes, there can be minor health problems. I'll not sugarcoat this, if you masturbate too much, foreskin will damage over time, and dry out. That can cause cracks in the skin, and it bloody hurts.

If you're unlucky, you might also hurt one of the little veins inside, and it'll start to swell. That also hurts.

And, even worse, said little vein can clog, blood coagulates, and suddenly you have a big ball of hurt in your penis.

I know. It happened to me a few years ago. Ice and aspirins every day for two weeks, doc said. And ice down there sucks.

#7 Falklands Sheep, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  8. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Masturbation only affects the masturbator, so I think only you can say how much is too much for you. It sounds like you enjoy it, but also feel something is wrong. Maybe it's shame from masturbating (it's a very stigmatized activity, but I see it as beautiful and enriching when you do it because you want to). Maybe you want to spend time with other things but are too scared to pursue them. Maybe you only want to masturbate so much and after that it's just an urge?

As for benefits, masturbation is a healthy way to experience sexual pleasure, and gain insight into how your body responds to different kinds of stimulation. Everyone is different in what they like sexually. Also, sex with other people isn't necessarily better than sex with yourself. It's less stigmatized, but that isn't the same as being healthier or more moral or more satisfying. I think it's a myth that masturbating will ruin sex with other people. I think, on the contrary, that it takes a lot of guesswork out of it, and makes it easier to communicate what you want and don't want, which is crucial to having satisfying sex.

You know much more about your feelings on this than us, so I hope other perspectives have helped you figure out what you want to do.

9. killswitch0029

As long as your life doesn't revolve around it and keeps you from doing anything else I'd say you're fine.